MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
GO Transit Student ID Card jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 72 09-07-2010 11:06 PM
Online Bursary Application Available Sept. 15 2009 u.yousaf MacInsiders Announcements 8 09-15-2009 09:17 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
Light Rail Transit (LRT) Info Session temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-30-2008 03:27 PM

GO Transit ID card Application Process for 2009/10 Session

*updated* GO Transit ID card Application Process for 2009/10 session

The application process for the GO Transit ID card has changed from the previous years.

Effective August 1, 2009, students must go to the Office of the Registrar (GH-108) to request a letter of eligibility for the GO Student ID card. The student must then go to the Parking Office (E. T. Clarke Centre) to fill out an application form and have it signed by an authorized official in the Parking Office.

The student may then take their application directly to GO Transit’s Union Station for on-the-spot processing. Or, if preferred, they may send or deliver it along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to GO’s Union Station Customer Service Centre for processing.

Please allow four to six weeks for processing. Cards may also be picked up from the Customer Service Centre at Union Station.

From the Compass website.

*Note* Please consult with the Compass website for more updates. As soon as Compass staff learns more information about the application process it will be posted on their website immediately. Information may not reach MacInsiders as quickly, and as a result incorrect information may remain.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:16 AM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member
Program: Computer Engineering & Management
Year: Other

Liked: 207 Times
Any idea why it changed from simply clicking a link in MUGSI and having the information forwarded to the right people?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:19 AM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
Compass and ACT were told last year by GO that they were thinking of changing the process.

Not really sure why though.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-31-2009 at 10:21 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Well this is the way GO usually does it but it seemed to be a lot less time consuming for all involved when we did it online.

Old 07-31-2009 at 10:35 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
I completely agree with you. I just don't really know what can be done, at this point.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-31-2009 at 10:38 AM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I completely agree with you. I just don't really know what can be done, at this point.
Probably nothing. Which is fine, more headaches for them.

I wish there was a law or something binding that would force people to explain decisions when they announce them. It would make life much easier.

Rather than just say "As of this year, this is how it's going to go" they should have to say "As of this year, this is how it's going to go BECAUSE...blah blah blah"
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:08 AM   #7
**jewel 03**
Program: Health Studies
Year: Fourth

Liked: Liked 2 Times
do we have to get a new GO Transit ID every year? Also what do they mean by the Union place where you have to take the complete form? Can we give it to someone else to take? Or do we have to go ourselves?

Last edited by anitaa : 07-31-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:11 AM   #8
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa View Post
do we have to get a new GO Transit ID every year?
There's an expiry date on the GO Transit ID if you look at it. Should be August

So yes you do.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:12 AM   #9
caroline54
Program: Honours Life Science

Liked: 10 Times
Ahh thats so much more complicated - it was so easy to just click a button before and just pick it up at school :(
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:02 PM   #10
brendanp
Program: Biology
Year: Second

Liked: 26 Times

it says union station, which is downtown toronto if you don't know.
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:07 PM   #11
FireDragoonX
Elite Member
Faculty: Business / Commerce

Liked: 142 Times
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
this is lame.

"Please note that there are two different expiry dates on the GO Student ID cards. If your card has expired in April/May, please apply again. If your card expires October 31, 2009, you may continue to receive discounted tickets."

My card expires this August.

Is it possible for the registrar to mail the letter to me if I email them?
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:10 PM   #12
nciggle
Program: Arts & Science
Year: Second

Liked: 11 Times
I'm an incoming student so can I get it signed and filled out at the registrar's office when I come on welcome day??
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:31 PM   #13
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
Well that's annoying.

This year I'm commuting and will need one of these IDs to get a discount on my monthly passes.

I guess I'll have to get this done which meas driving out to Hamilton to get the form filled out and then driving to downtown Toronto to hand it in or mailing it and waiting for it to process.

This seems kind of stupid though if it will take 4 to 6 weeks to process though, if you can only start the process August 1st it might not be ready in time if you don't have time to get the form right away.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:33 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
Is it possible for the registrar to mail the letter to me if I email them?
I'm very certain they won't, otherwise you could make unlimited amounts of GO IDs for other people.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:35 PM   #15
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I guess I'll have to get this done which meas driving out to Hamilton to get the form filled out and then driving to downtown Toronto to hand it in or mailing it and waiting for it to process.
Why driving and not taking the bus? (Go to from Mac straight to Union and then back)

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search