MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
GO Transit Student ID Card jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 72 09-07-2010 11:06 PM
Online Bursary Application Available Sept. 15 2009 u.yousaf MacInsiders Announcements 8 09-15-2009 09:17 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
Light Rail Transit (LRT) Info Session temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-30-2008 03:27 PM

GO Transit ID card Application Process for 2009/10 Session

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:45 AM   #45
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
O shit, so you need the GO ID card to show your a student, I see. Thanks a lot. I have to show both my student card and GO ID card, if the driver asks for it right?
Correct. Only high school students can get away with just showing a student card. Post-secondary students need both their student card AND the GO ID.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-07-2009 at 06:55 PM   #46
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Just a clarification, when I was doing mine today, she told me it could be mailed to any GO station, not necessarily Union! . At COMPASS the also corrected the whole 4-6 weeks thing. She told me that it takes about 2 weeks

Edit: Also, it takes literally 3 minutes to get it at any Customer Service office at the GO station!

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 08-07-2009 at 06:59 PM.

lorend says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Old 08-07-2009 at 07:08 PM   #47
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times
Do we even need to have a McMaster student ID on us, if we just go down to Union station. Or does it have to be endorsed from someone at the university?

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II

Old 08-07-2009 at 07:11 PM   #48
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Nope! You don't need your McMaster student card or anything. You just need to pick up a letter at the Registrar's office (Gilmour Hall, room 108) that you're a first year student enrolled at McMaster. That letter has your student number, name program, etc. So it's kinda like your "card" Oh by the way, she asked me for my student number when I went, so have that handy!

Old 08-07-2009 at 07:14 PM   #49
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Nope! You don't need your McMaster student card or anything. You just need to pick up a letter at the Registrar's office (Gilmour Hall, room 108) that you're a first year student enrolled at McMaster. That letter has your student number, name program, etc. So it's kinda like your "card" Oh by the way, she asked me for my student number when I went, so have that handy!
You should memorize your student number, it'll come in handy for all 4 years (or more) of your time at McMaster.

Old 08-07-2009 at 07:21 PM   #50
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Haha, luckily I had it memorized I guess it's just from constantly seeing it on SOLAR & MUGSI XD

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:10 PM   #51
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times
Yea...i forgot my Student Number today and didn't bring any ID... :( I guess I'll have to get my letter right before registering for Horizons next Friday.

Note to self: always carry driver's license with you...
- Moulton Hall

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:21 PM   #52
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Aww, it's okay Anson! You have 3 days during Horizons! That's plenty of time . I know how you feel! Been there, but it does take some time getting used to carrying your wallet around... especially if you wanna eat or something next year

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:24 PM   #53
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
He'll only have time before registration on Friday. Compass is open M-F 9-5 during the summer.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:26 PM   #54
crucif3x

Yeah... I'm arriving early for Horizons anyways (at around 1ish) so I can use that time to finish up the letter and signing thing. Then when I go home from Horizons, go to Union (since it's along the way) and finish it up!
- Moulton Hall

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:28 PM   #55
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Oh shoot! Thanks for the correction lorend! Forgot it was a weekend =$. TO be honest, it barely took 5 minutes, it was just the going back and forth looking for where to get the application that took time. Other than that.. it's COMPASS ->Registrar-> Parking office = Done

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:43 PM   #56
crucif3x

HAHA yeah, I went directly to the Registrar's Office who didn't have the forms (stupid online directions!!) and turns out I completely ignored Compass who had the forms out on display and the GO booth who also had them... then I went back and they asked me for ID or student number and I just fainted realizing how stupid I've made myself feel in less than 15 minutes
- Moulton Hall

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:45 PM   #57
nciggle

Liked: 11 Times
So you just get the letter, fill out the form and bring the two to union station?

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:45 PM   #58
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Haha! Aww! AT least you have the form! Gilmour Hall, then Parking office is much quicker then . Especially since at Union it barely took 5 minutes! What's stupid is that you can't use the card this summer :(, only starting Sept. It's valid NEXT summer though >.<

Old 08-07-2009 at 10:46 PM   #59
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

nciggle- you have to take the 2 papers to the Parking office for the signature before you take it down to Union Station!

nciggle says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search