MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: Have you seen Avatar?
Yes 43 68.25%
No 20 31.75%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel?!?! Ace0fSpades Movies & Television 15 08-27-2010 10:58 AM
Avatar: Some Personal Comments RonPrice Movies & Television 0 06-24-2010 02:06 AM
Avatar: Some Personal Comments RonPrice Movies & Television 7 05-20-2010 07:59 PM
Rate the avatar & sig above manaya General Discussion 25 04-26-2010 12:17 AM
Avatar manaya Movies & Television 14 12-23-2009 07:31 PM

Have you seen Avatar?

Old 01-19-2010 at 06:52 PM   #61
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Whats wrong with listening to what people have to say? If one person says it sucks, you shrug it off. If the entire planet says it sucks (Waterworld, anyone?), then it may actually suck.

First thing I look for when a new movie comes out is my friends opinions on it. they know me and what I like, so they can tell me if its worth it for me to go spend 10 bucks on.
If that's the logic you're going by, then, you should probably see Avatar. Because it's one of the biggest movies in the world, which means a lot of people have seen it over and over.

Your friends might know what you like in general, but you'll never know unless you see it for yourself. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't see it, but if you're basing your viewing experience on how many other people liked it, then you should probably see this one.
Old 01-19-2010 at 07:51 PM   #62
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
If that's the logic you're going by, then, you should probably see Avatar. Because it's one of the biggest movies in the world, which means a lot of people have seen it over and over.

Your friends might know what you like in general, but you'll never know unless you see it for yourself. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't see it, but if you're basing your viewing experience on how many other people liked it, then you should probably see this one.
I did see it. And it sucked.
Old 01-19-2010 at 08:26 PM   #63
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times

I feel like one of the very few who who haven't watched it
Old 01-19-2010 at 08:37 PM   #64
adam7takeo

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
I feel like one of the very few who who haven't watched it
If you check out the poll results, you'll see that a good number of people haven't watched it either.
Old 01-19-2010 at 08:48 PM   #65
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

If you read the thread though you'll see that a good number of people haven't watched it b/c they apparently don't like to form opinions of their own.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:13 PM   #66
kamalprasher

Liked: 11 Times

Waiting for the blu ray release.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:19 PM   #67
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

It's an epic movie!! Lol a lot of ppl hatin on it.
When titanic came out it was also disliked, but now its considered the best movie ever made.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:32 PM   #68
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
When titanic came out it was also disliked, but now its considered the best movie ever made.
Titanic was never considered one of the best movies ever made.Highest grossing, yes.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-19-2010 at 09:56 PM   #69
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
Ive been hating Titanic since it came out, tyvm.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:58 PM   #70
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
If you read the thread though you'll see that a good number of people haven't watched it b/c they apparently don't like to form opinions of their own.
...or people have heard enough about it to know its not their type of movie, which is a decision they make on their own.
Old 01-19-2010 at 09:59 PM   #71
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Also just wanted to add Avatar 2 is a go. I read he was planning on a trilogy!
I can almost guarantee they'll see diminishing returns till they drive the series into the ground, I may have watched the first, but I'm not interested in seeing more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
ETA: On the issues of Pandora considering it is a different planet (moon actually) in an entirely different solar system so it is feasible that things could occur there that wouldn't occur naturally on earth or on any of the moons or planets in our solar system. Also its called fiction for a reason.

For anyone actually interested in possibly reading explanations about the planet there is a book about it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Avatar-Confiden...41572& sr=8-3

Its apparently about the Biological and Social History of Pandora, that might offer some of the explanations you are curious about. I'm not suggesting you buy it btw w/ the link, maybe if you could find it at a library it might be worth a read. I'm considering reading it out of curiosity.
It's soft SciFi, it's not meant to contain the type of detail that stands up to scientific observation. I really don't care that it's soft SciFi, I enjoy both soft and hard SciFi, I was just rebutting the claim that the world was possible/made sense that someone else made. Based on the reviews of the book, it looks like they don't actually explain most of the scientific stuff and most of it focuses on explaining the culture.
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:01 PM   #72
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

once avatar 2 comes out people will realize how bad the first one was...anyways peter jackson did so much more with 300 million dollars
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:05 PM   #73
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
once avatar 2 comes out people will realize how bad the first one was...anyways peter jackson did so much more with 300 million dollars
I don't care for Lord of the Rings so I guess to each his or her own.
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:11 PM   #74
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
Peter Jackson should never be allowed near a movie set again, ever. Lord of the Rings, King Kong, The lovely bones, etc should never be allowed to happen again.
Old 01-19-2010 at 10:15 PM   #75
sew12
Elite Member

So Reeves, what movies do you like?