MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceeding the limit of allowed first year courses albalks Academics 18 06-07-2011 09:39 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Second year Life Sciences- taking only 4 courses second term pink_cupcake Academics 2 07-13-2010 10:48 PM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM
Taking first year courses John H General Discussion 13 09-10-2009 09:17 PM

a limit to taking 2nd year courses?

Old 06-07-2011 at 09:37 PM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

a limit to taking 2nd year courses?
hi,
i'm going into my 3rd year, and i realized i am taking four 2nd year courses.
now i know that there is a limit to the # of first year courses we take, is there a limit to taking 2nd year courses?

and when we apply to professional schools, does it look .. i guess "bad" if im in my 3rd year, and i was to take four 2nd year courses?

stupid me, i took a third year course in my 2nd year (i did well) but if they look at things year by year, i might as well took the third year couse in my third year right?

any feedback is appreciated
Thank you
Old 06-07-2011 at 09:42 PM   #2
Ardougne

Liked: 20 Times

what is the limit on 1st year courses?
Old 06-07-2011 at 09:47 PM   #3
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

48 credits for most( or maybe all) programs. So that would be around 16 courses. Therefore after first year, you can take an additional 18 credits so 6 courses for most programs of first year courses.

Last edited by MacPack : 06-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:31 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

For most programs there isn't a limit to second year courses (the course calendar will tell you for sure), but some programs have a minimum # of 3rd/4th yr courses you must take, so if you fill up these spots with 2nd year courses, you might not have enough room to take enough 3rd/4th yr courses. Check the course calendar for your program to see what the requirements are.