MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy social science/ humanities as an elective? ae1011 Academics 19 06-07-2010 10:03 PM
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Humanities and Social Science petition! huzaifa47 General Discussion 0 03-14-2009 06:43 PM
To ALL first years (students and course takers) in Humanities and Social Science Goce Academics 9 10-08-2008 12:09 PM

Mac Social Sci/Humanities

Old 01-19-2011 at 02:02 AM   #76
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Welcome to McMaster University!
Old 01-19-2011 at 09:18 AM   #77
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
FORGIVE ME for not finding mathematics and physic the most fascinating thing of life.
Unforgivable.

Old 01-19-2011 at 12:16 PM   #78
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

you guys are such losers, lol

peterisgreat likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:04 AM   #79
Gooners

Liked: 1 Time

i had a 91 avg in highschool but still chose soc sci because thats where my interests lie, not every 90avg individual goes into ENG or SCI

and arent people aware that humm and soc sci people normally do GRAD SCHOOL?, its not like everyone is done after 4 years
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:14 AM   #80
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
as a third year transfer from the faculty of science to commerce, the program is far from easy, in fact other than the Human Resources courses i find them more difficult to obtain a high mark. For most of my courses in the life sciences memorization was the only required skill to get a high mark. Commerce on the other hand requires lots of practice, try taking some upper year accounting courses your opinion of the program will change.
Far from easy? I want to blast my brains out because of how easy the courses are. You're just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooners View Post
i had a 91 avg in highschool but still chose soc sci because thats where my interests lie, not every 90avg individual goes into ENG or SCI

and arent people aware that humm and soc sci people normally do GRAD SCHOOL?, its not like everyone is done after 4 years
Not like grad school will do much, ololololololol

Last edited by eullwm : 01-23-2011 at 12:16 AM.

herpderp, Phaint all say thanks to eullwm for this post.

Desda, herpderp, Phaint like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:31 AM   #81
herpderp

Liked: 7 Times

bcars, Desda, eullwm, JonC89 like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 12:35 AM   #82
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

[quote=eullwm;214874]Far from easy? I want to blast my brains out because of how easy the courses are. You're just stupid.

Correct me if im wrong but the only third year courses you guys take at 3FA3 and 3MC3? If so i found those 2 to be fairly straightforward, the upper year accounting courses like taxation and 4AA3 are not easy.
Old 01-23-2011 at 02:16 AM   #83
adt92

Liked: 13 Times

If I got owned this badly on dumb internet argument like this Desda girl just did I would probably hate my life too
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:15 AM   #84
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post

Correct me if im wrong but the only third year courses you guys take at 3FA3 and 3MC3? If so i found those 2 to be fairly straightforward, the upper year accounting courses like taxation and 4AA3 are not easy.
You're mentioning second semester fourth year courses - of course those aren't going to be dreadfully easy. What did you expect? I could mention organic chem 4oa3, 4th year analytical chemistry (if they even offer that course) and 4th year physics and say "oh those are hard too!!!1!! therefore life science is hard" but a few courses requiring work in your 40 course university career doesn't make the entire program hard.

Mahratta, Rakim like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:38 PM   #85
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

I've been creeping this thread for entertainment purposes (yeah, that's how I'm spending my Sunday afternoon - what of it?). Every comment for the last few pages has been:

- people defending their own programs
- people commenting on programs they're not in
- Desda making fun of her own program

I haven't seen the original poster in a while. I'm wondering if she's decided to go somewhere else now.
Old 01-23-2011 at 01:43 PM   #86
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times

What's up with some of the students in Science (especially here at MacInsiders) thinking that they're so much better off than students in Humanities/Social Science? "Your so stupid, im gunna b a docter, hahaha lolz." Hate to break it to you, but we're all pretty much in the same boat when it comes to future possibilities. How bright your future is really depends on your intelligence, not your faculty. The faculty bashing and holier-than-thou attitude is quite sickening. In my experience, it's actually the Humanities' students who are better at expressing themselves eloquently, making good arguments, and writing well. Humanities' professors are also more passionate about the subject they teach (at least, in my experience so far at Mac). Being in Science, I can't tell you how much it sucks when I have to do a group project and deal with people who can't even write a proper sentence. And these people all achieved 85 and above averages in high school. But what good is that average if you still haven't learned to write a basic argument? The point is, each faculty has its own merits and interesting aspects. Students from different faculties have a wide variety of weaknesses, strengths, and interests. One can never know them all and comment on the difficulty/worth of each field without having fully experienced every program at Mac.

Oh, and I agree with the posters who said that the entrance average of a program is based on the demand. Try getting into humanities/social science at Harvard or any other Ivy League!

Last edited by Needlenose : 01-23-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Old 01-23-2011 at 01:46 PM   #87
Drizzy
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

Who cares we are all gana die

Desda, JonC89, sew12 like this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 02:49 PM   #88
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I've been creeping this thread for entertainment purposes (yeah, that's how I'm spending my Sunday afternoon - what of it?). Every comment for the last few pages has been:

- people defending their own programs
- people commenting on programs they're not in
- Desda making fun of her own program

I haven't seen the original poster in a while. I'm wondering if she's decided to go somewhere else now.
Your avatar is my favourite.

alh24 says thanks to justinsftw for this post.
Old 01-23-2011 at 02:57 PM   #89
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Your avatar is my favourite.
You're my favourite.
Old 01-23-2011 at 03:50 PM   #90
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
In my experience, it's actually the Humanities' students who are better at expressing themselves eloquently, making good arguments, and writing well.
Apologies for being pedantic, but...

I can't comment on the eloquence (probably true), but Humanities students don't make particularly good arguments - I've taken a fair share of courses in the Humanities, and although the students' arguments have plenty of rhetoric, it's largely empty in terms of logic and reasoning.

Of course, this isn't implying science students are any better - but remember that eloquence, rhetoric, and big words don't necessarily make a good argument. Indeed, in an academic setting, I'd say that sound reasoning and logic take precedence, wouldn't you?