MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

How many off campusers this year? :D

Old 07-29-2009 at 02:34 PM   #106
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I've found I've built up a tolerance to Rockstar in the normal sized cans. It works if it's the 710 mL one.

Other than that, I've found that NOZ is most effective out of all of them. Only problem is, it tastes like cancer.

Red Bull is the worst. Has zero effect on me.
I think I'm some sort of lightweight when it comes to Red Bull, because that had me up until after 6 in the morning without being tired. I had 8:30 classes that day too and got through it pretty well.

Anyways, we've gone really off topic haha.
Old 07-29-2009 at 02:36 PM   #107
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc0390 View Post
but if they don't serve frappucino ... then screw that
Vanilla bean frappucino is the only reason I ever go into Starbucks. Apparently they're one of the worst things you can possibly eat (amplified if you get it with the whipped cream), lol.
Old 07-29-2009 at 05:23 PM   #108
shanntz

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc0390 View Post
I stand by this statement.
For some reason those things never seem to work for me.

The two times I drank rockstar, ever, I was still sleepy less than an hour later

(Coffee doesn't work for me either, actually)

I agree with jc0390. Im not into frapps, but the specialized drink options that stand with me all the time.

Im talkin' 6 pump sugarfree hazelnut, 1/2 soy 1/2 nonfat.
Ah well, i'll trek it down to the Locke Street location. How far is that from the campus?
Old 07-29-2009 at 05:56 PM   #109
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareko
I never saw any roaches or centipedes on campus..but one of the rooms on our floor had a bed bug problem and they had to move out of their room and bunk in the common room while their room was fumigated :/
it sucked..and STUNK fumigation doesn't work well when the windows have a lock on how far they open and with small corridors..

which is this residence you are talking about? is it Les Prince by any chance?

..I never understood the draw with starbucks. I tried them a few times (not the coffee admittedly since I dont drink it, but the specialty stuff) and I did NOT think them worth half the cost they charge :/
owell to each their own

on the subject of houses. I was lucky and got a nice one for under 400 with everything included within walking distance
had to look for like 3 months for it though ^^;
Old 07-29-2009 at 06:59 PM   #110
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

I <3 Starbucks Frapps!!

Classic Caramel is the ultimate best
Old 07-30-2009 at 04:07 PM   #111
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

I'll just add that I hate coffee and I laugh at people who are addicted to caffeine.

I also don't really drink hot drinks in general... the only time I do is hot chocolate on very cold winter days (which we don't really get around here).
Old 07-30-2009 at 04:08 PM   #112
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I'll just add that I hate coffee and I laugh at people who are addicted to caffeine.

I also don't really drink hot drinks in general... the only time I do is hot chocolate on very cold winter days (which we don't really get around here).
Mmmm Hot Chocolate. The Tim Horton's hot chocolate reminds me of those good old Carnival D'Hiver I used to participate in back when I was in elementary school. Fun times ^-^
Old 07-30-2009 at 04:49 PM   #113
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

soooo far off-campus that I'm on another one. har har

slash word to the wise: DO NOT rent 84 Westwood or anything by F. Nasreen - HORRIBLE landlord. HORRIBLE! we had squirrels living in our walls, I had no lock on my door for the longest time (and when they did come around to fixing it, they did a piss poor job and I ended up having to ask my dad to do it), and our carpet had huge holes in it and was hella old... annd there were 7 people shoved into this tiny house with one tiny kitchen to share. I only opted to live in it because of the relatively low rent but trust me, it was NOT worth it. (yes I've posted on macSHARE)

AND one time, when one of the rooms needed filling, she was going to put this 50+ year old in the room who looked like an ex-con. She said she was seeking the 'university experience.' creeped us all out to the point where we made this poster:

Last edited by temara.brown : 07-30-2009 at 04:55 PM.

feonateresa, sinthusized like this.
Old 07-30-2009 at 08:35 PM   #114
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

^ OMG LMAO THAT AD IS HILLARIOUS !!!

hahahahahahahahaha, did you end up finding a housemate? or did you get stuck with the ex-con?

lol I can't get over that ad, so funny!
Old 07-30-2009 at 11:56 PM   #115
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
AND one time, when one of the rooms needed filling, she was going to put this 50+ year old in the room who looked like an ex-con. She said she was seeking the 'university experience.' creeped us all out to the point where we made this poster:
.___.

Creepy.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:35 AM   #116
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

That is super creepy... yeah we have 6 people with 1 kitchen so that's going to be interesting...
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:37 AM   #117
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
yeah we have 6 people with 1 kitchen so that's going to be interesting...
Enjoy that massive pile of dirty dishes that will inevitably form on every elevated flat surface :p
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:41 AM   #118
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Enjoy that massive pile of dirty dishes that will inevitably form on every elevated flat surface :p
Lol, I think there are a couple neat freaks in our group of friends so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:50 AM   #119
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, I think there are a couple neat freaks in our group of friends...
Nice, I'm pretty sure I have a few of the polar opposite, lol.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:15 PM   #120
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa-88 View Post
^ OMG LMAO THAT AD IS HILLARIOUS !!!

hahahahahahahahaha, did you end up finding a housemate? or did you get stuck with the ex-con?

lol I can't get over that ad, so funny!

That was a stressful week.. "Janice" was her name and I believe she came to see the house on a Sunday and she was going to come back and sign the lease on the Wednesday. We were freaking out! We had such a limited amount of time to get someone to sign, which prompted these random adverts... which luckily worked! We found an awesome housemate who signed on the Tuesday night!!

As for the kitchen thing, you really really do need to get a plan together. Last year, there really were two of us out of seven who did any cleaning whatsoever. If you're one of those people, it gets plenty aggravating.. and the worst was that all the dishes that were being used were also provided by the two of us.. If you are in a house sharing the one kitchen, make sure that you've got everyone equally committed to maintaining it! Otherwise it'll all fall a part. By the end of the year, the other girl who cleaned pulled everything out of the sink and put it in a garbage back with a note that said, "If you want to cook anything, then you can reach and here and clean it like I have to do every time.".. Nothing changed. I ended up bringing the bag home and doing it.. sigghh

One time, I was gone for two weeks and the bathroom I shared with two guys was literally black when I returned. Sooo nasty.

The landlord was no better. We had a baadd centipede problem. My one housemate couldn't sleep in her room out of fear of the creepy long-legged buggies. When we should have been given something like a dehumidifier, the landlord put down this dust stuff that she bought somewhere for $5... did nothing but make a huge mess.

The whole in the roof where the squirrels go in and out is still there just as it was.