MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
retracted offer dede90 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-17-2010 05:26 AM
revoked acceptance Black.Mamba Academics 29 07-02-2010 09:00 AM
Will they reject your offer if this happens? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-12-2010 07:13 PM
Conditional Offer Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-10-2009 06:51 AM
Accepted my offer! Now what..? kwun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-12-2009 03:41 PM

Will my offer be revoked if i have two courses this semistar?

Old 05-16-2010 at 12:16 AM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsci View Post
Your teacher didn't do their job lol... jk but in the vectors section of MCV 4U, you were supposed to cover stuff like vectors, planes, and things like solving linear systems, gaussian elimination, and of course word problems (stemming from dot and cross product) like torque, relative velocity problems and work!
Hmmm, those things sound quite familiar... especially dot and cross products, but I remember learning those from grade 11. Torque and relative velocity was covered in physics...
Old 05-16-2010 at 12:46 AM   #17
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsci View Post
Your teacher didn't do their job lol... jk but in the vectors section of MCV 4U, you were supposed to cover stuff like vectors, planes, and things like solving linear systems, gaussian elimination, and of course word problems (stemming from dot and cross product) like torque, relative velocity problems and work!
I was in the same year as you guys and I did all of these things in my Advanced Functions course and not the Calculus course. I know that for sure because I took the courses at different times and my advanced functions teacher was in love with vectors and planes and things like that.
Also, I don't recognize that course code, I'm pretty sure that's the new one.

Old 05-16-2010 at 02:56 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
Also, I don't recognize that course code, I'm pretty sure that's the new one.
I don't even think my school used these kinds of course codes... Lol
Old 05-16-2010 at 03:22 PM   #19
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
@arathbon: I can assure you that Math 1A03 and Math 1LS3 both have Advance Functions as a prerequisite. The calendar won't load for me either, but it goes something along the lines of "One of calculus and vectors, advanced function and (something else which I think is actually an university course)".
I think you mean "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus".

Until about three years ago, all of the grade 12 maths were independent. You could take "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus" and/or "Geometry and Discrete Math".
It was changed after that to a sequence of "Advanced Functions" (MHF4U) and "Calculus and Vectors" (MCV4U). To the best of my knowledge 1st year calc requires either MCV4U, the old "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus" course or Math 1F03 (or whatever the University equivalent to MCV4U is called). Either way, this will all be resolved when mac gets its IT problems solves.
Old 05-16-2010 at 03:32 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
I think you mean "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus".

Until about three years ago, all of the grade 12 maths were independent. You could take "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus" and/or "Geometry and Discrete Math".
It was changed after that to a sequence of "Advanced Functions" (MHF4U) and "Calculus and Vectors" (MCV4U). To the best of my knowledge 1st year calc requires either MCV4U, the old "Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus" course or Math 1F03 (or whatever the University equivalent to MCV4U is called). Either way, this will all be resolved when mac gets its IT problems solves.
Oh man, you are so right. A lightbulb just turned on in my head Lol. That's really confusing then, because I'm sure it just says "Advanced Functions" in the requirements... but who knows I could be wrong... They said it would be up at 10am... liars >.>