MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Ignatieff back in Hamilton Tommorow J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-01-2010 05:47 PM
Michael Ignatieff: Q & A. Your opinion? Hatsumi General Discussion 14 01-18-2010 10:07 AM
RIP Michael Jackson RoyK General Discussion 31 07-14-2009 12:53 AM
Michael Mercier samantha__ Professors 2 06-30-2009 08:07 PM
Michael Phelps jhan523 General Discussion 45 08-17-2008 08:36 PM

The Office Without Michael Scott

Old 02-15-2011 at 10:30 PM   #16
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I thought so too, but I guess it's been done before. When he co-managed, part of the reason he went back to sales was because he could make more money on sales commission.

I'm not even a fan of Jim in recent episodes/seasons, because he isn't as funny. I know I can't be the only person who misses the Jim who encased things in Jell-O and put nickels in Dwight's phone.
I think Jim has really toned down his pranks and humour since Christmastime, if you remember what happened. Pam and Jim, with the exception of what they were trying to do plot-wise, in last week's episode, were just not funny at all.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:35 PM   #17
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
I like that we said the same thing about Jim.

I thought Gabe would be a temporary character, but that guy's still around. I can't figure out if I like him because he's so annoying, or dislike him for he same reason.
wouldn't he earn more money as the actual manager though? maybe the salary when he was co-manager was lower than what michael scott usually gets. also i hate gabe, can't wait until andy starts dating erin
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:36 PM   #18
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I think Jim has really toned down his pranks and humour since Christmastime, if you remember what happened. Pam and Jim, with the exception of what they were trying to do plot-wise, in last week's episode, were just not funny at all.
Yeah, I honestly think Pam just brings down Jim's funniness. I didn't know I had such a disliking for Pam until I thought about that just now.

I'm going to miss the Dwight/Michael interactions But then again, I missed Michael/Jam interactions until the series progressed to the point that she was barely there, at which point I forgot about her. I loved their awkward phone calls in the earlier seasons.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:39 PM   #19
justinsftw
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah, I honestly think Pam just brings down Jim's funniness. I didn't know I had such a disliking for Pam until I thought about that just now.

I'm going to miss the Dwight/Michael interactions But then again, I missed Michael/Jam interactions until the series progressed to the point that she was barely there, at which point I forgot about her. I loved their awkward phone calls in the earlier seasons.
Haha. My favourite Michael-Jan moment was the one when they were being interviewed by HR lawyers at corporate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
wouldn't he earn more money as the actual manager though? maybe the salary when he was co-manager was lower than what michael scott usually gets. also i hate gabe, can't wait until andy starts dating erin
Maybe you're right on the first part, and I totally agree on the second part. Gabe's a bit of a douche-y pushover.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:40 PM   #20
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
I thought that Michael's salary wasn't affected by the addition of a co-manager, though - and they were both called co-managers, so I'd assume they both made the same amount. That could be true, though.

Also, in that article you posted, the only part that didn't infuriate me was the part where they said "we've been searching for a love interest for Creed for a long time." I may love that.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:43 PM   #21
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Haha. My favourite Michael-Jan moment was the one when they were being interviewed by HR lawyers at corporate.
Hands down, my favourite Michael/Jan moment was the Dinner Party episode. I love the progression of Jan's craziness over several seasons, and that episode really pushes her over the edge.

giftedchick likes this.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:46 PM   #22
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
I thought that Michael's salary wasn't affected by the addition of a co-manager, though - and they were both called co-managers, so I'd assume they both made the same amount. That could be true, though.

Also, in that article you posted, the only part that didn't infuriate me was the part where they said "we've been searching for a love interest for Creed for a long time." I may love that.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:46 PM   #23
justinsftw
Elite Member

Ah! How can I forget about that one?!

From memory:

J: "You burn it, you buy it!"
M: "Good! Then I'll be your first customer!"
J: "You're hardly my first!"
M: "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"
- later -
J: (throws a Dundy/Dundee at Michael's TV)

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:49 PM   #24
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Ah! How can I forget about that one?!

From memory:

J: "You burn it, you buy it!"
M: "Good! Then I'll be your first customer!"
J: "You're hardly my first!"
M: "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"
- later -
J: (throws a Dundy/Dundee at Michael's TV)
I love when the video camera is in the bedroom during the house tour, and that she's convinced Pam is trying to steal Michael from her.

I've always liked Oscar a lot, and I've never really considered him as a potential manager until right now. Wouldn't he be decent? Not that I think it's likely, I just think he's pretty sensible, and probably one of the least crazy people in the office.

I hope Ryan doesn't make a comeback...
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:50 PM   #25
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Hands down, my favourite Michael/Jan moment was the Dinner Party episode. I love the progression of Jan's craziness over several seasons, and that episode really pushes her over the edge.
lol im rewatching the office and i just came upon the scene with your dp, had to pause to say that

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-15-2011 at 10:52 PM   #26
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
lol im rewatching the office and i just came upon the scene with your dp, had to pause to say that
I watched that one last week when I was trying to convince my housemate that The Office is a good show, and at that moment I said "that's my avatar on MacInsiders," only to have him ask what MacInsiders is.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 02-16-2011 at 01:58 AM   #27
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

I think The Office will be alright without Michael Scott. They have been trying to focus too much on Michael and I have to admit this season wasn't that great compared to previous ones. Maybe Michael leaving will give the writers a chance to focus on some of the other characters again and shake things up in the office.

Also, this is definitely my favorite office moment, really shows how creative and funny the show is:

..................... .

& that scene goes to show just how great Dwight, Creed and Andy are as well.
Old 02-16-2011 at 07:27 AM   #28
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
I think The Office will be alright without Michael Scott. They have been trying to focus too much on Michael and I have to admit this season wasn't that great compared to previous ones. Maybe Michael leaving will give the writers a chance to focus on some of the other characters again and shake things up in the office.

Also, this is definitely my favorite office moment, really shows how creative and funny the show is:

..................... .

& that scene goes to show just how great Dwight, Creed and Andy are as well.
Haha, I think the only part I liked about that scene was that Stanley did absolutely nothing. Compared to seasons 2 and 3 (the best ones, in my opinion), I'd agree that it's not great. But it's better than season 4, at least. I sometimes feel that Holly just brings the show down when she's involved. Two Michaels is one too many.
Old 02-17-2011 at 03:53 PM   #29
alh24
Elite Member

Threat Level Midnight on tonight's episode, just saying...

/loserness.

justinsftw says thanks to alh24 for this post.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 02-17-2011 at 07:07 PM   #30
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Threat Level Midnight on tonight's episode, just saying...

/loserness.
i'm gonna save this episode once i finish my midterm on friday..it's gonna be so nice

alh24 likes this.