MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Ignatieff back in Hamilton Tommorow J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 3 08-01-2010 05:47 PM
Michael Ignatieff: Q & A. Your opinion? Hatsumi General Discussion 14 01-18-2010 10:07 AM
RIP Michael Jackson RoyK General Discussion 31 07-14-2009 12:53 AM
Michael Mercier samantha__ Professors 2 06-30-2009 08:07 PM
Michael Phelps jhan523 General Discussion 45 08-17-2008 08:36 PM

The Office Without Michael Scott

Old 03-10-2011 at 01:32 PM   #61
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
There are so few things I find less entertaining than Seinfeld. I feel like there should be an option on my television receiver to automatically turn every Seinfeld broadcast into the multi-coloured "off air" stripes so that I don't accidentally see 3 seconds of it while I'm flipping through channels.
lullululul

i love you
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:37 PM   #62
lakhim

Liked: 17 Times

I predicted that too! Why else would he have done that cameo and.. it was all very fishy. But what about the UK Office? I don't follow it.. but is he not needed there?
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:39 PM   #63
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakhim View Post
I predicted that too! Why else would he have done that cameo and.. it was all very fishy. But what about the UK Office? I don't follow it.. but is he not needed there?
The UK version was cancelled long, long ago. I think I'm one of approximately seven people who like the US version more.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:41 PM   #64
lakhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgling View Post
I read somewhere that the reason why Ricky Gervais made a cameo earlier this season could foreshadow that he is taking over. Remember when he asked if there are any openings?

If this rumour is true - Ricky Gervais could make an AWESOME replacement.
Yes! I predicted this too...why else would he come on the show like that? Very fishy. But I don't follow the UK Office, is he not needed there?! It'd be awesome if he took over.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:42 PM   #65
lakhim

Quote:
The UK version was cancelled long, long ago. I think I'm one of approximately seven people who like the US version more.
No I think you can count me as the 8th then, I tried watching the UK version.. but it was too hard. Lol.

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:44 PM   #66
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
No I think you can count me as the 8th then, I tried watching the UK version.. but it was too hard. Lol.
Hahaha, I honestly just can't understand Ricky Gervais about 80% of the time he speaks. I'm not sure why. I've never had a problem understanding English accents, but he's an exception.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:57 PM   #67
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Your name is eerily similar to mine, soul mates?

justinsftw likes this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 07:17 PM   #68
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
what kind of people have you been hanging around? almost EVERYBODY i know likes the us version more than the uk version
Old 03-10-2011 at 08:44 PM   #69
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
what kind of people have you been hanging around? almost EVERYBODY i know likes the us version more than the uk version
There's always someone who rolls their eyes when you say you like the US version of The Office and claims that people just didn't understand the British humour, but that it's way better. Some of the jokes were exactly the same, so it's not like it was "on a completely different intellectual plane than the US version." I think it's like when people say "you like that band? I listened to them before they were popular. Their old music is so much better, before they went mainstream." Pissin' me off.

Last edited by alh24 : 03-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2011 at 09:04 PM   #70
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
There's always someone who rolls their eyes when you say you like the US version of The Office and claims that people just didn't understand the British humour, but that it's way better. Some of the jokes were exactly the same, so it's not like it was "on a completely different intellectual plane than the US version." I think it's like when people say "you like that band? I listened to them before they were popular. Their old music is so much better, before they went mainstream." Pissin' me off.
Damn hipsters.
Old 03-10-2011 at 09:07 PM   #71
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Damn hipsters.
Old 03-11-2011 at 12:21 AM   #72
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

How many episodes left with Michael? (and are they gonna end the season at the same time as Michael leaves?) I'm too lazy to google

heres a funny quote from the office as reward

Old 03-11-2011 at 01:53 AM   #73
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
How many episodes left with Michael? (and are they gonna end the season at the same time as Michael leaves?) I'm too lazy to google

heres a funny quote from the office as reward

There are a total of 8 episodes left in the season. There are going to be 2 more episodes with Michael, then 2 episodes entitled "Goodbye Michael" followed by 3 episodes (2 normal ones and a 2 hour finale) to end the season with (presumably) no Michael.

Thanks for posting my favorite part from the series, and getting it from my favorite site (digg). Enjoy this video as a token of my appreciation:

ikantsepll says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.
Old 03-11-2011 at 01:57 AM   #74
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
There are a total of 8 episodes left in the season. There are going to be 2 more episodes with Michael, then 2 episodes entitled "Goodbye Michael" followed by 3 episodes (2 normal ones and a 2 hour finale) to end the season with (presumably) no Michael.

Thanks for posting my favorite part from the series, and getting it from my favorite site (digg). Enjoy this video as a token of my appreciation:
Sorry but I'm a redditor
Converted about a year ago, never looked back.

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 03-11-2011 at 02:00 AM   #75
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Sorry but I'm a redditor
Converted about a year ago, never looked back.
I think I was too subtle. I r redditor too.

ikantsepll likes this.