MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you drop a major...and how? niki_517 Academics 4 06-16-2010 02:16 PM
Poli Sci major Maudjee22 Academics 9 03-29-2010 04:52 PM
Major Help !!! ghostanime20 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-01-2009 02:13 PM
double major? jordanrogers General Discussion 8 03-01-2009 08:01 PM
Picking Your Major sinthusized Academics 2 10-25-2008 07:40 PM

Osap major help!

Old 08-30-2010 at 08:39 PM   #16
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielaC View Post
Oh I suppose. So the reason why it's still saying pending is 'cause I had to get things sorted out and I sent in one thing a little late? So once Osap receives my change form or whatever and replies back to McMaster, the school should know my entitlement and I will get my funds?

So it's not like they're just going to take away my money? It's because everything is backed up?
Right. Once it's processed, it should change to "Released" (or something similar). Then you can go pick it up. Happened to me last year too. I got mine a week late because I sent it in late, and it's happening to me again this year.

Remember, the government may be a bunch of *******s, but if they don't give you the money, you can't pay it back with interest, and it's their loss. They don't like to miss chances to take your money.
Old 08-30-2010 at 08:42 PM   #17
DanielaC

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Right. Once it's processed, it should change to "Released" (or something similar). Then you can go pick it up. Happened to me last year too. I got mine a week late because I sent it in late, and it's happening to me again this year.

Remember, the government may be a bunch of *******s, but if they don't give you the money, you can't pay it back with interest, and it's their loss. They don't like to miss chances to take your money.
Alright lol so until McMaster sends in the change form and osap receives it and processes it then my account will stay as pending but once they release my money to McMaster it should change to released or issued
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:14 PM   #18
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Alright lol so until McMaster sends in the change form and osap receives it and processes it then my account will stay as pending but once they release my money to McMaster it should change to released or issued
I have a horrible memory, so I cant recall if this is what happened last year, but as far as I am aware, yes. Let's hope so, or we're both screwed
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:20 PM   #19
DanielaC

Quote:
I have a horrible memory, so I cant recall if this is what happened last year, but as far as I am aware, yes. Let's hope so, or we're both screwed
Oh no! Don't say that lol now you're going to have me freaked out until I hear from McMaster or Osap... I'm just waiting for McMaster to send my change request form to Osap to clear up the mistake I made on my application. After that it should be okay, I suppose.
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:38 PM   #20
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Oh no! Don't say that lol now you're going to have me freaked out until I hear from McMaster or Osap... I'm just waiting for McMaster to send my change request form to Osap to clear up the mistake I made on my application. After that it should be okay, I suppose.
Yeah, I had to hand in my last form last week, and they showed me the box full of papers to process. had it been standing on end, it would have been 2 or more feet tall. Don't worry. It will get processed, and you WILL get your money.
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:40 PM   #21
DanielaC

Quote:
Yeah, I had to hand in my last form last week, and they showed me the box full of papers to process. had it been standing on end, it would have been 2 or more feet tall. Don't worry. It will get processed, and you WILL get your money.
Thanks I'll just wait for everything to be sorted out. I sent in all the documents, now it's in their hands to sort it out. Just the application change form lol
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:41 PM   #22
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Thanks I'll just wait for everything to be sorted out. I sent in all the documents, now it's in their hands to sort it out. Just the application change form lol
All I had was the signature page. it takes 3-4 weeks for them to check a box saying they received my signature -_-
Old 08-31-2010 at 01:39 PM   #23
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

If its something minor like that on your OSAP application you're waiting to get fixed chances are you won't get more funding because that's close to the maximum... OSAP also allows you to make up to $1000 / semester without yor OSAP being affected

Just wait, and hope they get around to making your changes
Old 08-31-2010 at 04:49 PM   #24
DanielaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The 1.2% isn't considered a late fee, it's just the interest charged on the last day of every month. Once school starts you should talk to a financial advisor and see if you can avoid the interest due to your circumstances. It's worth a try.
Alright, but is the fact that on my payment agreement on solar beside osap it says: OSAP - PENDING: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT UP TO: AUGUST 15TH, N/A.

So obviously my osap hasn't been issued to me yet, due to the mistake I made. I spoke to a woman from Financial Aid and Scholarships last week, and she said that my osap will be late but should get to me before September 30th. She knows of the circumstances as to why my osap has been delayed. My question is: is it normal for my osap to still be pending on my payment agreement? It's past August 15th so should I be freaking out right now because my status hasn't changed? Should I call the financial aid office and see what's going on? Will I simply not get osap because of this? Will McMaster force me to pay out of my pocket for the first installment due in September? I'm freaking out...
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:01 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Alright, but is the fact that on my payment agreement on solar beside osap it says: OSAP - PENDING: PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT UP TO: AUGUST 15TH, N/A.

So obviously my osap hasn't been issued to me yet, due to the mistake I made. I spoke to a woman from Financial Aid and Scholarships last week, and she said that my osap will be late but should get to me before September 30th. She knows of the circumstances as to why my osap has been delayed. My question is: is it normal for my osap to still be pending on my payment agreement? It's past August 15th so should I be freaking out right now because my status hasn't changed? Should I call the financial aid office and see what's going on? Will I simply not get osap because of this? Will McMaster force me to pay out of my pocket for the first installment due in September? I'm freaking out...
The August 15th thing is just general, it's there because it's still pending.

You will get OSAP, you just have to be patient.

Not sure if you can do anything else but here is a suggestion. Pay McMaster out of your own pocket before the deadline, forward the OSAP to your Bank instead of McMaster.

I'm not sure what happens when you forward OSAP to McMaster without having the amount already deducted by the payment agreement. You would have to talk to SFAS or Student Accounts and Cashiers for that information.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:05 PM   #26
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:

Have you tried breathing really deep? Cuz you need to relax. You're gonna get it, just late, like Financial Aid already told you.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:05 PM   #27
DanielaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The August 15th thing is just general, it's there because it's still pending.

You will get OSAP, you just have to be patient.

Not sure if you can do anything else but here is a suggestion. Pay McMaster out of your own pocket before the deadline, forward the OSAP to your Bank instead of McMaster.

I'm not sure what happens when you forward OSAP to McMaster without having the amount already deducted by the payment agreement. You would have to talk to SFAS or Student Accounts and Cashiers for that information.
I can only assume that I be assessed the flex plan late fee of $35 and if osap still hasn't come by September 30th then I'll be charged the 1.2% interest charge. Btw I can't really afford to pay the entire 60% of the first installment. They are asking me for: $7410 which I don't have. That is why I am relying on osap. The McMaster $1000 scholarship helped but I need osap. I'll call them tomorrow just to get some answers and reassurance. They already know my osap will be delayed but I submitted my signature pages and declaration page on time. I just had to correct a mistake i made on my application.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:10 PM   #28
DanielaC

Quote:
Have you tried breathing really deep? Cuz you need to relax. You're gonna get it, just late, like Financial Aid already told you.
Okay... I'm breathing, i'm breathing. I'll relax, thank you.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:11 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I can only assume that I be assessed the flex plan late fee of $35 and if osap still hasn't come by September 30th then I'll be charged the 1.2% interest charge. Btw I can't really afford to pay the entire 60% of the first installment. They are asking me for: $7410 which I don't have. That is why I am relying on osap. The McMaster $1000 scholarship helped but I need osap. I'll call them tomorrow just to get some answers and reassurance. They already know my osap will be delayed but I submitted my signature pages and declaration page on time. I just had to correct a mistake i made on my application.
Since you chose the flex plan you will be charged the 35$ flex plan fee anyways.

You will also be charged the 1.2% interest rate on September 30th on whatever you don't pay McMaster by that time (This includes the 40% tuition which is due in January).
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:16 PM   #30
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Okay... I'm breathing, i'm breathing. I'll relax, thank you.
Just for the record, I wasn't pulling a Lawley and griefing you. But you're obviously pretty worked up about this, and needlessly. Just be patient. You'll get your money. Like I said, your OSAP wont get pulled, if for no other reason than the fact that the government wants to give you the money so they can profit from it later.