MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going from full-time to part-time student? Timeless Financial Aid 1 02-22-2012 10:30 PM
Part-Time Student brpatel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 01-09-2012 09:58 PM
business student part time jobs ymich First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-19-2011 01:39 PM
part-time student consequenses leah.d Academics 6 06-06-2010 10:55 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Part-time student

Old 02-01-2012 at 06:59 PM   #1
bangbang

Liked: 0 Times

Part-time student
Hey Guys

So I am considered a part-tme student according to McMaster but not MSU ....I was just wondering ...does anyone know how this affect what level I will register in next year? Even though I am part-time (in my third year), I have regular amount of credits that a full-time third year student would have because I've taken summer courses since first year. However, will I be able to register in level 4 next year or will I still be considered a 3 year since I am only doing part time right now?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am planning to be a full-time student next school year!
Old 02-01-2012 at 07:11 PM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

If you have all 30 credits that you require for third year, then you will be in fourth year by next September.
Old 02-01-2012 at 07:13 PM   #3
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Hey.

I do believe that you'll be fine. You will still have to meet your credit reqs for your program but you should be fine for regging in courses so long as you meet pre-reqs. This might not be true for ENG. ENG cannot be done part-time.

Be well.

Last edited by ZSimon : 02-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2012 at 09:23 PM   #4
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
Hey.

Crap happens, no worries.
Sorry, but that just mad me a little mad when you said that. She did summer school courses so she could get ahead and have a lower course load during the academic year. What "crap" are you referring to? Sorry, almost made it seem like you're looking down on her or something

ZSimon says thanks to MacAttk for this post.
Old 02-01-2012 at 09:29 PM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Sorry, but that just mad me a little mad when you said that. She did summer school courses so she could get ahead and have a lower course load during the academic year. What "crap" are you referring to? Sorry, almost made it seem like you're looking down on her or something
oh damn fixed.
Old 02-02-2012 at 02:05 PM   #6
bangbang

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for your help guys!!