MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Someone explain this to me Yakattack General Discussion 16 09-22-2010 02:04 PM
Can someone explain iClickers to me? Kathy2 Academics 11 09-14-2010 06:29 PM
So can anyone explain this guest_295 Academics 2 08-17-2010 01:31 AM
Could someone explain the mealplan to me? Porsche First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-14-2009 04:43 PM
someone please explain the reasoning behind this lorend General Discussion 36 05-29-2008 06:15 PM

Please Explain.

Old 01-17-2010 at 03:27 PM   #16
mcmull19

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
But if each of those stilletto wearing, jean skirt sporting girls started wearing hoodies and track pants with real winter boots, dont you think a good number of guys would wonder where all the hot chicks went
I would...
Old 01-17-2010 at 03:46 PM   #17
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times

This thread makes me laugh
sew12
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-17-2010
Goce
Old 01-17-2010
sinthusized
Old 01-17-2010
Goce
Old 01-17-2010 at 06:00 PM   #18
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I don't understand the need for two handbags but I often carry one bag in my hand (like a tote) and a backpack. The reason I do that is because that's where I carry massive textbooks that cannot fit into my backpack which is where I stash my papers, my laptop and case, my pencils, my earmuffs, a hat etc.

I stopped carrying a purse because it was always so small that I'd end up forgetting I put it down. And since it often carried my glasses, cellphone and wallet, I figured the loss was too great and just distributed the same items in other places.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 01-17-2010 at 06:22 PM   #19
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Some people like to dress nice to school because they work at school, or they just like to look nice in general. Having a job on campus doesn't make you a "vapid skank".
Wearing a skirt with thick leggings is often just as warm as regular track pants. Stilettos in the winter are tricky, but lots of girls wear thick heels because walking on ice is hard. Thick heels aren't actually that hard to wear in the winter at all.

Sometimes I carry a purse and a bag because my bag is so full, I can't fit everything in it and I don't have a bigger bag. I often have my gym stuff in my bag and it takes up a lot of room.
Old 01-17-2010 at 06:28 PM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

There are 2 options.

You dress like you described. 2 results: guys notice, girls chirp.

or

You put on some sweats and a sweater and guys assume you're on your period (or something equally as stupid) and don't give you a second glance.

Edit: And just for anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating, I have had a handful of guys tell me they assume a girl is on her period if she wears sweatpants. According to that philosophy, I had an 8 month long period in 1st year. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 01-17-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2010
jo87
Old 01-17-2010 at 06:45 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Let I remind all users of the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct for this site.

MacInsiders is an inclusive environment, and any comments that can be seen as offensive will be deleted. In addition, posts that are in response to inappropriate ones must also be deleted.

Thanks,
Danielle
MacInsiders VP Admin

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

temara.brown says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 01-17-2010 at 07:22 PM   #22
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Let I remind all users of the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct for this site.

MacInsiders is an inclusive environment, and any comments that can be seen as offensive will be deleted. In addition, posts that are in response to inappropriate ones must also be deleted.

Thanks,
Danielle
MacInsiders VP Admin

This whole post is offensive, all the comments are just mocking girls.

shleyaa, sinthusized all say thanks to jo87 for this post.
Old 01-17-2010 at 07:44 PM   #23
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Some people come to school so they can make a future for themselves, others come to marry their future, goes for guys and girls. People need to mature and realize there are better, cheaper, easier ways to go about this.

Quote:
This whole post is offensive, all the comments are just mocking girls.
This post is ignorant and slanderous to all the previous posters in this thread as it accuses them of being misogynists. Jo87's post violates the Code of conduct and should be deleted.
Old 01-17-2010 at 07:45 PM   #24
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
What about uggs?
OMG, don't get me started on those things...

Old 01-17-2010 at 08:59 PM   #25
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

http://i.imgur.com/f84tw.jpg

THAT above is why the lads win this match

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

DannyV, Deegs14, TTHX like this.