MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Someone explain this to me Yakattack General Discussion 16 09-22-2010 02:04 PM
Can someone explain iClickers to me? Kathy2 Academics 11 09-14-2010 06:29 PM
So can anyone explain this guest_295 Academics 2 08-17-2010 01:31 AM
Could someone explain the mealplan to me? Porsche First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-14-2009 04:43 PM
someone please explain the reasoning behind this lorend General Discussion 36 05-29-2008 06:15 PM

Please Explain.

Old 01-17-2010 at 09:24 PM   #31
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

I have no problems with girls dressing nicely, and looking good for themselves, and or others. Why is it that when girls dress all done-up people expect the worst of them?
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:30 PM   #32
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
I have no problems with girls dressing nicely, and looking good for themselves, and or others. Why is it that when girls dress all done-up people expect the worst of them?
Because it's not sensible.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

ie: if it dresses like an idiot, then it's probably an idiot.

There's simply no reason to wear stilettos, leggings, and a flowy top in the winter.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-17-2010 at 09:41 PM   #33
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

The sad thing is there are probably some real people I would be compatible with hidden under all the Ugs and D&G glasses, but as long as they are sucked into the cesspool of consumer society without an independent thought, I will be alone. Sigh.

This, more then my own short comings or social anxieties are the real reason I will not find a mate.

I agree with Lawleypop; people dress how they want to be perceived (unless limited by financial reasons). I am not a proponent of judging people by how they look, but I do encourage people to think about what their appearances tells others about themselves.

Oh and to people who wear thick black glasses (Superman's clark kent type), but they dont have lenses in them. Stop. It is not ironic.
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:48 PM   #34
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
There's simply no reason to wear stilettos, leggings, and a flowy top in the winter.
Lmao, Lawley, this is totally about me, isn't it?
but no, I don't ever dress up. I have looked like shit since school started, and wanted to look decent for once! and I did!
Idk why people freak out because someone looks nice. D:

...and as for the whole big bag + small purse..
books = big bag, and
cell, wallet, keys, etc = small purse.
Whenever I throw everything into one big bag, all the little things get lost, lol, but my big bag has a pocket for all that stuff, so I'm lucky. =]

Old 01-17-2010 at 09:50 PM   #35
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
I agree. It's very frustrating. Some students work in offices on campus where it is necessary to dress nice. Some students have professional relationships to maintain (ie. future grad school supervisors). Some students just like to dress a certain way.

Some people say "It's not sensible to wear heels and leggings in the winter!", but why not? I've been wearing heels for a loooong time and I have no problem wearing them in the winter. I walk the same on ice with heels as I do with running shoes. And if you buy the proper types of leggings, they are just as warm as any other type of pants.

I dress professionally because that's how I need to dress when I go to school. Plus, I like how I look in those clothes. It's annoying that people feel the need to rip apart others because of how they dress. Making fun of people because of how they dress is so sad.
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:50 PM   #36
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post

Oh and to people who wear thick black glasses (Superman's clark kent type), but they dont have lenses in them. Stop. It is not ironic.
It was ironic, but then it became an actual fashion trend. But now its post-ironic, so the hipsters are still into it.

Some people value looking good over practicality, it doesn't make them an idiot, it just means they have different priorities. You only benefit while outside if you dress for the weather, if you dress to look good you benefit when you're around people (ie most of the day).
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:54 PM   #37
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I agree. It's very frustrating. Some students work in offices on campus where it is necessary to dress nice. Some students have professional relationships to maintain (ie. future grad school supervisors). Some students just like to dress a certain way.

Some people say "It's not sensible to wear heels and leggings in the winter!", but why not? I've been wearing heels for a loooong time and I have no problem wearing them in the winter. I walk the same on ice with heels as I do with running shoes. And if you buy the proper types of leggings, they are just as warm as any other type of pants.

I dress professionally because that's how I need to dress when I go to school. Plus, I like how I look in those clothes. It's annoying that people feel the need to rip apart others because of how they dress. Making fun of people because of how they dress is so sad.
If these girls bought the "right type of leggings," then I don't understand why I always hear them complain about how cold they are.

@Monica: Haha, I was recalling your outfit from the other day, but it's not specific to you only. XD I see that type of outfit daily. D: But still, you had an occasion; we went out to dinner.

Old 01-17-2010 at 09:55 PM   #38
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
It was ironic, but then it became an actual fashion trend. But now its post-ironic, so the hipsters are still into it.

Some people value looking good over practicality, it doesn't make them an idiot, it just means they have different priorities. You only benefit while outside if you dress for the weather, if you dress to look good you benefit when you're around people (ie most of the day).
That's true. But just because you think "Wow, that person must be cold in that outfit!", doesn't mean they necessarily are. Sometimes I wear yoga-type pants when I go outside and my boyfriend always says that I must be freezing. But I have very well hidden thick leggings underneath, so I'm nice and cozy.
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:57 PM   #39
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:
If these girls bought the "right type of leggings," then I don't understand why I always hear them complain about how cold they are.

@Monica: Haha, I was recalling your outfit from the other day, but it's not specific to you only. XD I see that type of outfit daily. D: But still, you had an occasion; we went out to dinner.
I'm sure there are lots of girls who wear leggings that are thin and don't keep them very warm. But that's not a good reason to make fun of all people who wear certain clothes.
Old 01-17-2010 at 09:58 PM   #40
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Lmao, in my defense, I wasn't wearing the 'right type of leggings', I got pretty cold when it was night. O_O
but yeah, once I saw 'flowy shirt', I was like THAT'S SO MEE!
and yess, I kinda had a reason to, but still.
Even those who don't have a reason to, but just want to.
I see nothing wrong. xD
If they wanna freeze their booties off, then go right ahead.
At least they'll look nice doing it.

Old 01-17-2010 at 09:59 PM   #41
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
I'm sure there are lots of girls who wear leggings that are thin and don't keep them very warm. But that's not a good reason to make fun of all people who wear certain clothes.
I wasn't making fun, I was calling them idiots.

;D

Old 01-17-2010 at 10:01 PM   #42
Kathy2
Elite Member

Quote:

;D
Why are they idiots for dressing in a way that is comfortable and that they enjoy?
Old 01-17-2010 at 10:03 PM   #43
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Why are they idiots for dressing in a way that is comfortable and that they enjoy?
See previous posts?
It's cold?

"lyk omg i am lyk so effing cold i kanot belive how cold it iz rite now i am FREEZING lets go sumwhere warm"

The problem could easily be solved.

Old 01-17-2010 at 10:04 PM   #44
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:

;D
Lawley, I'd LOVE to see you dressed up once.
at school. randomly.
leggings, some cute flowy shirt, a skirt, maybe, and even some heels.
you'd look SO cute.
GIVE IT A CHANCE.

..come to the dark side, Lawley.
We have men. ;D

Old 01-17-2010 at 10:05 PM   #45
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Lawley, I'd LOVE to see you dressed up once.
at school. randomly.
leggings, some cute flowy shirt, a skirt, maybe, and even some heels.
you'd look SO cute.
GIVE IT A CHANCE.

..come to the dark side, Lawley.
We have men. ;D
LMFAO WOW I ACTUALLY LOL'ED IRL.
You wish.

Yo, jeans are a big improvement from last year. I wore sweats EVERY day.

And I can get men. You don't need to dress nice. XD Life lesson #2.

xo.monica likes this.