MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HST charge on textbooks? anon491 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-11-2010 12:57 AM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

postgraduate student - sex assult charge

Old 02-19-2011 at 08:47 PM   #16
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Looked him up (the mcmaster postgrad) on facebook as well. I didn't feel like stalking him very far back in time, but it looks like posts to his wall are set to private. So there might be some nasty comments, we just can't see them.

As far as I'm concerned, those men are innocent until proven guilty - but if what they've been accused of is true... it's really beyond shameful and disgusting.

I hope she's ok.
Old 02-19-2011 at 08:51 PM   #17
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
People like this? You mean brown people?
I'm brown myself...so no...I was not referring to brown people. I just meant idiots like this in general that are obviously immature and presumably had all the wrong reasons for wanting to go into medical school...

really now, what would possess two doctors who went into medical school to help people do something like this to someone...?
Old 02-19-2011 at 08:57 PM   #18
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I'm not sure I buy this story...sounds pretty odd.

At any rate, I'm shocked at how poorly written these articles are. And I quote:

"Suganthan Kayilasanathan and Amitabh Chauhan, both 32, face charges of administering a noxious thing and gang sexual assault." (2nd link)
This.

Calm down, people. Nothing's confirmed yet, every accusation is exactly that and we weren't presented with and solid facts yet.

Yes, if the allegations are true, then they are truly despicable people and the bashing can commence.

Until then, I'd hold off on passing judgment until we get some confirmation. Anyone can go to the cops and accuse anyone of anything. Even if the woman is making this whole thing up, the publicity thus far has already put a dent in their careers.
Old 02-19-2011 at 08:59 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciMania View Post
I'm brown myself...so no...I was not referring to brown people. I just meant idiots like this in general that are obviously immature and presumably had all the wrong reasons for wanting to go into medical school...

really now, what would possess two doctors who went into medical school to help people do something like this to someone...?
So how does the 'administration process' weed out people who are going to commit sexual assault in the future, I don't understand what sort of grouping these individuals fall into.

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:02 PM   #20
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
So how does the 'administration process' weed out people who are going to commit sexual assault in the future, I don't understand what sort of grouping these individuals fall into.
people going into medicine for all the wrong reasons perhaps?

i repeat: how could one going into medical school for all the right reasons possibly go on to do something stupid like this?

L'Étoile says thanks to SciMania for this post.
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:19 PM   #21
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
People like this? You mean brown people?
...the hell?

I'm pretty sure they mean 'people accused of sexual crimes'...

Last edited by Mahratta : 02-19-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:43 PM   #22
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
haha i looked him up on facebook after seeing this thread...i'm surprised people aren't saying nasty things to him on his fb

it's too bad this stringent medical school admission process doesn't weed out these idiots...what a frikken waste of a spot in mac's med school...it could've gone to someone a lot more deserving...

ugh and the other idiot practiced in markham... ...and it's people like this that make me want to gtfo of markham asap.
How do you expect them to weed these people out? put them through some-kind of rape scenario or something? good luck getting the administrators on board with that idea. Hell, even if they did nobody is going to do anything that makes them stand out to be a possible rapist dipshit.

and another thing, how do you know he was always like that? maybe this is a result of med school itself.

and what do you mean it could have went someone more deserving, for all you know he could be the best fking doctor in the world and just likes to fuk dumb broads on the side. therefore, he did DESERVE his job, he put in the work getting good grade, doing E.C's, and assume he did good/decent on his MCAT (which requires lots of studying). so don't say he doesnt fking deserve it.

u wanna leave markham for that? ok. but I hope you realize theres not going to be a single place in the world you can move to where there is no ****ed up people. Hell, im pretty sure your ****ed up as well ,so just stay where you are.

and don't call them idiots, because that's one thing they definitely are not. the fact that they are doctors is a pretty good indication, the fact that they were doing this effectively for who knows how long is another. and im not trying to justify what they did, its obviously wrong but atleast call them something appropriate like 'rapists' or 'sickos' not idiots.

and lastly, whats with " 'im surprised people aren't saying nasty things to him on his fb". yeah, sounds like something you would do right? leave nasty comments on his fb that he probably not even going to read instead of sending a email or letter to the women who got raped and trying to help her.

This world is a joke, and i'm going to laugh till the end.
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:48 PM   #23
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:

i repeat: how could one going into medical school for all the right reasons possibly go on to do something stupid like this?
What do you mean 'for all the wrong reasons'?
You don't know anything about these people.

You're taking the crimes they're accused of (whether they're guilty or not) and going backwards in your mind and assuming there is some fundamental defect with their person...

I think it goes without saying that such actions are culpable offenses, anyways.

alh24, Entropy like this.
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:49 PM   #24
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
How do you expect them to weed these people out? put them through some-kind of rape scenario or something? good luck getting the administrators on board with that idea. Hell, even if they did nobody is going to do anything that makes them stand out to be a possible rapist dipshit.

and another thing, how do you know he was always like that? maybe this is a result of med school itself.

and what do you mean it could have went someone more deserving, for all you know he could be the best fking doctor in the world and just likes to fuk dumb broads on the side. therefore, he did DESERVE his job, he put in the work getting good grade, doing E.C's, and assume he did good/decent on his MCAT (which requires lots of studying). so don't say he doesnt fking deserve it.

u wanna leave markham for that? ok. but I hope you realize theres not going to be a single place in the world you can move to where there is no ****ed up people. Hell, im pretty sure your ****ed up as well ,so just stay where you are.

and don't call them idiots, because that's one thing they definitely are not. the fact that they are doctors is a pretty good indication, the fact that they were doing this effectively for who knows how long is another. and im not trying to justify what they did, its obviously wrong but atleast call them something appropriate like 'rapists' or 'sickos' not idiots.

and lastly, whats with " 'im surprised people aren't saying nasty things to him on his fb". yeah, sounds like something you would do right? leave nasty comments on his fb that he probably not even going to read instead of sending a email or letter to the women who got raped and trying to help her.

This world is a joke, and i'm going to laugh till the end.
wtf...? and who are you to say this about me?
Old 02-19-2011 at 09:55 PM   #25
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
wtf...? and who are you to say this about me?
I'm nobody. \ \ \
Old 02-19-2011 at 10:27 PM   #26
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Quote:

These docs are innocent until proven guilty. We shouldn't be so quick to judge them, they may be great doctors, who knows...
Old 02-19-2011 at 11:11 PM   #27
marcie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
and what do you mean it could have went someone more deserving, for all you know he could be the best fking doctor in the world and just likes to fuk dumb broads on the side.
....?

Drugging and raping a woman seeking career advice ≠ fuking a dumb broad
Old 02-19-2011 at 11:39 PM   #28
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
....?

Drugging and raping a woman seeking career advice ≠ fuking a dumb broad
...seeking career advice at a bar?

Old 02-19-2011 at 11:46 PM   #29
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

Innocent until proven guilty is right. Its just awful for mac to be in the news with this kind of light, whether its true or not.
Old 02-20-2011 at 12:00 AM   #30
marcie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
...seeking career advice at a bar?
That's what one of the news reports said... that they knew each other beforehand and met up under the pretense they'd be discussing her career options. Not really the point.