Cable/Television jhan523 General Discussion 23 09-01-2009 06:59 PM
Basic Cable T.V. In Res Grant1313 Residence & Housing 26 10-02-2008 03:27 PM
cable tv in your room ajb238919 Computers & Tech 8 08-12-2007 11:30 PM

Printer Cable at Titles

Old 09-21-2008 at 09:23 PM   #1
Justin Leary

Liked: 0 Times

Printer Cable at Titles
Hey, I just bought a printer and I found out when I opened it up that it doesn't come with a cable, I was wondering if Titles sells USB printer cables, I can buy one at tigerdirect.com for like 9 bucks, but if its 20 or less at titles, I'd just be easier to walk over and pick one up. Anyone know if they have them?
Old 09-21-2008 at 09:30 PM   #2
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

I believe MacMicro carries them, they are in Titles, well, part of Titles, that sells all the computer stuff.

Honestly, I think it will be more expensive to get it from there than else where. If you need it desperately, then the answer is obvious. If you don't, save yourself some money. Your best deal would be to get one from dollarrama. They only last 1-2 years, but they're only a buck.

A note about printers. PRINTERS DO NOT COME WITH USB CABLES. Only Costco has a deal with HP to carry them. Otherwise, 99.9% of packages sell the cable seperatly. YOU DO NOT NEED SUPER EXPENSIVE GOLD PLATED DOUBLE INSULATED CABLES. For this purpose, cheap ones work JUST as fine.
Old 09-21-2008 at 09:30 PM   #3
hamza7

Liked: 2 Times

Yea, I did see them in the MacMicro section when I was buying my I-Clicker but it was at a rip-off price I think it was around $25 but you'd better check with the surrounding stores like The Source, and some dollar stores some times sell them. Also check this website out, http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/f-printer-... interQ20cable

Justin Leary says thanks to hamza7 for this post.
Old 09-21-2008 at 10:22 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Is this a new development because my HP came with a USB cable and I didn't buy it from Costco...

Old 09-21-2008 at 10:25 PM   #5
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

dude they are no more than 9 dollars at titles. just get the shortest one, its like 6 feet or something.
Old 09-22-2008 at 10:33 PM   #6
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Very, very few manufacturers include USB cables with their printers. Essentially, it's a gift to the retailers that carry their products, since they can then sell you a cable with a 500% markup (and I'm not kidding). Thankfully, Dollarama and other dollar stores now carry USB cables pretty regularly, and they work just fine.

Never, ever buy a cable at a place like FutureShop or Staples. If you need something a little bit more specialized, then it's far cheaper to order it online (at a place like http://www.monoprice.com, for example, which carries cables of all types, including the usually pricey A/V ones like HDMI). Alternately, places like TigerDirect or Canada Computers tend to be a bit cheaper than the big chains.

If you happen to have a friend that works at FutureShop or Best Buy, you could also ask them to pick one up for you with their employee discount. You'll find that the $25 USB cable they sell to regular schmucks can be had by employees for about $4 (which is their cost price + 10%).
Old 09-23-2008 at 07:14 AM   #7
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

the cables can be found with the printer for most manufactors if you buy their top printer. But if you don't have 300-500 for a printer (like most people) you'll have to buy their cheaper ones and get the cable seperate.

It is like monitor's and the expensive digital monitor cable, only samsung and a couple others will include it in some of their models. I don't know if their is a factorydirect in hamilton but they sell cheap cables.
Old 09-23-2008 at 08:12 AM   #8
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

Dollarama can be your best friend