MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Psych 1x03 kuruczpa Academics 9 09-13-2010 09:08 PM
Psych 1X03 goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 109 11-11-2009 07:18 AM
psych 1x03 Alessia First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2009 01:27 PM
Psych 1X03 niteskie General Discussion 6 09-09-2009 10:36 PM
do i need psych 1x03 AND psych 1xs3 for honours life science brendanp Academics 6 07-28-2009 02:38 PM

Psych 1X03

Old 12-13-2008 at 03:54 PM   #91
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Psych 1X03
I'm not exactly sure how much this course has changed over the years, but this year, Psych 1A03 got renamed to Psych 1X03.

So this course introduced you to some of the most basic concepts and theories in psychology. I'd say this a pretty unique course in the fact that all lectures were...

Last edited by dvy88 : 12-13-2008 at 04:05 PM.

all say thanks to davey for this post.

like this.
Old 09-09-2010 at 02:07 PM   #90
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
You can't buy the access code from upper years because this is the first year they've had that. And usually stuff with access codes are one use only :p
Old 09-11-2010 at 04:19 PM   #91
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belindz! View Post
blast i bought the courseware and dr.kim said that there is a textbook online with an access code we need to buy...can we buy that from upper years?
I think the e-book thing is brand new.

Also, what's in the courseware/handbook thing? Do we actually have to buy it?
Old 09-11-2010 at 05:26 PM   #92
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorboi View Post
This course on my timetable reads PSYCH 1X03 C34 PC 273 12:30-13:20. I heard that for this course you watch the lectures online, do I have to watch it during this specic time slot? Is this a tutorial of some sort? Is physical presence required?
I heard from a friend in second year that the core is basically a tutorial because the lectures are watched online.

Also, we're in the same section
Old 09-12-2010 at 08:48 AM   #93
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Your core IS your tutorial section. Also, any questions you have regarding the course/material would best be directed to your TA during your core/tut section.
Old 09-19-2010 at 08:40 PM   #94
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times
i had high expectations for this course, it's been shockingly boring so far
though to be fair, we've hardly covered anything so far
Old 12-24-2010 at 11:48 PM   #95
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times
I just finished this course. I found it extremely interesting. It was the one course that I could concentrate for 6 straight hours in - that's how interesting I actually found it. Everything was just so fascinating. A lot of stuff about why we do some of the things that we do becomes clear. And I now get away with a lot at home because I explain all the little things that annoy my parents with psych principles; they always let me off if I can explain a scientific reason for my behaviour. All I have to do is ramble on, beginning with, "Oh it's simple classical conditioning really..."
Old 06-26-2011 at 08:43 PM   #96
nithla55

Liked: 1 Time
Since your watching lectures every week and taking notes yourself at the pace you want, you absorb more material better- atleast for me.
i found this better than sitting in a lecture room.

Allana:) likes this.
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:22 PM   #97
taylorsilva

Liked: 0 Times
hey guys I'm thinking of taking this course but apparently it's highly recommended that I had taken gr12 bio which I didn't. I didn't take gr11 bio either. Would I still be able to do well in this course cause it seems interesting.
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:34 PM   #98
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsilva View Post
hey guys I'm thinking of taking this course but apparently it's highly recommended that I had taken gr12 bio which I didn't. I didn't take gr11 bio either. Would I still be able to do well in this course cause it seems interesting.
Most likely, I don't remember too much if any bio stuff in 1X03. 1XX3 apparently has more bio related material though (according to my friends since I never took the course).
Old 06-28-2011 at 02:46 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsilva View Post
You would need to take BIOLOGY 1P03 as a prerequisite. It's like the equivalent of Grade 12 Bio.
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:51 AM   #100
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
You would need to take BIOLOGY 1P03 as a prerequisite. It's like the equivalent of Grade 12 Bio.
No, only 1XX3 requires gr12 bio/1P03. For 1X03, it's only recommended, therefore you can take the course without it. There's not that much bio in 1X03, which is why it's not strictly a prereq, whereas 1XX3 has a lot more bio.
Old 06-28-2011 at 04:53 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
No, only 1XX3 requires gr12 bio/1P03. For 1X03, it's only recommended, therefore you can take the course without it. There's not that much bio in 1X03, which is why it's not strictly a prereq, whereas 1XX3 has a lot more bio.
That was what I meant. I apologize if I was unclear.
Old 08-24-2011 at 02:58 PM   #102
bcollura

Liked: 1 Time
Worst class of the year. Not that the exam is insanely difficult but you have to think really hard about the questions in the short time limit. Also the course itself is bone dry and listening to the profs lame jokes all the time will drive you crazy. If you dont do all the lectures and take lots of notes you'll fail. However its a really good class to have because it's in a lot of pre-req's for upper year classes that are interesting

Phantom likes this.
Old 09-10-2011 at 10:03 AM   #103
rohit400

Liked: 0 Times
hi guys i was just wondering if this course is hard
because im taking this course along side my hectic engineering schedule
so was hoping this would be one of those easy classes
Old 09-10-2011 at 11:44 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit400 View Post
hi guys i was just wondering if this course is hard
because im taking this course along side my hectic engineering schedule
so was hoping this would be one of those easy classes
It depends on what you would call "hard." The material itself is fairly easy and logical, but there is a lot of it. Also, if you're not used to tricky multiple choice, you may find the exams difficult. Also, you'll find it easier if you're interested in it, so consider that in your decision as well.

Regardless of whether you choose to take it, good luck!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search