Add negative rating0Add positive rank
Old 05-02-2011 at 02:02 PM   #17
reindejm
Faculty: Arts & Science
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay919 View Post
You don't have to pay to use the gym at other universities, so it doesn't justify the fact that paying $63 is fair. And also, more than $100 of our tuition goes to the gym, so yeah...
Its still not a bad price for the year compared to other gyms. It would be nice to not pay but having one of the best gyms in Canada is nice too.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 05-06-2011 at 09:14 PM   #18
Thanassi
Year: Third

Liked: 1 Time
wow the fact we have to pay that much is sucks
Old 05-06-2011 at 10:13 PM   #19
Chevalier
Elite Member
Program: not entirely sure
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 203 Times
im just wandering but why do we HAVE to pay that gym/ath and rec fee. i know u have to swipe ur card to gain entry into DBAC so y cant they just make it so that its optional, i think its a rip considering that what pay919 originally said that about half of the people who pay the fee barely even use it. i know that i have only gone to DBAC to go to pulse, which's membership i had to buy seperately, i did not use the courts, the pool, the gym, yet i had to pay the same amount has a pulse membership for it? i think thats unfair.
Old 05-06-2011 at 10:20 PM   #20
N.Cheng
Program: Honours Biology & Psychology
Year: Fourth

Liked: 20 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
im just wandering but why do we HAVE to pay that gym/ath and rec fee. i know u have to swipe ur card to gain entry into DBAC so y cant they just make it so that its optional, i think its a rip considering that what pay919 originally said that about half of the people who pay the fee barely even use it. i know that i have only gone to DBAC to go to pulse, which's membership i had to buy seperately, i did not use the courts, the pool, the gym, yet i had to pay the same amount has a pulse membership for it? i think thats unfair.
Actually it's very worth it if you end up getting a pulse membership. If you were to not pay the base as a student, in order to use the pulse you'd be paying for both anyways. So basically instead of paying for base with your student fees then pulse separately, you end up paying one HUGE fee called the fitness membership which is basically base + pulse in one price. If you look at the other prices for other people like non-students, etc., our student pricing is much, much cheaper.
Old 05-06-2011 at 10:46 PM   #21
...?!!
Account Locked
Program: Commerce
Year: Third

Liked: 7 Times
There's definitely a 2 month membership. I got it just this week. It costed 32 dollars.

Not a member of MacInsiders? Signup now and gain full access to our student community!
Ask questions, get informed, and get involved!
Closed Thread