MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Question winter02 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-27-2011 12:55 AM
Quick question about GPA nikki12 Academics 3 10-27-2010 07:26 PM
Quick Question.. staceykinz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-30-2010 12:36 PM
Quick Question Gil76 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-01-2010 08:53 PM
Important Question About Schedules! rebeccaaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-26-2008 09:34 AM

quick question about schedules!

Old 06-26-2013 at 09:30 PM   #1
BrittanyP

Liked: 0 Times

quick question about schedules!
So i made mock time table, i'm happy with it, it accommodates all the factors I needed it too, so i'm pretty content with it.
i already chose all my courses, submitted them and everything, however in august, when I get my actual schedule, what are the chances of it being the same as my mock time table? And if I do not like the schedule made for me, can i change it?
Old 06-26-2013 at 09:33 PM   #2
ashlaaayyyyy

Liked: 3 Times

Yes, you can change the schedule they give you, provided that the sections you are switching into are not full.

BrittanyP says thanks to ashlaaayyyyy for this post.
Old 06-26-2013 at 10:08 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

The chances of it being the same are incredibly low, since there are so many sections for first-year courses. Of course, if you're taking a lot of random courses with only 1 section, then you have a much better chance of the schedule matching up.

You should be prepared for at least some of the sections you want to be full, though. And it will likely create a domino effect.
Old 06-27-2013 at 12:22 AM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

yeah, in first year most classes will have anywhere from 10-20 tutorials, and the computer doesnt know what you want, so it'll put you in the most random times that dont conflict with other courses, and when it re-opens, you can change up your labs/tutorials.
Old 06-27-2013 at 12:35 AM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Another "not so approved thing" is you can just go to the lectures that you made provided there aren't any inclass attendance things such as iclickers. Tutorials and labs you have to go to the one assigned if you cannot choose the one you want.
Old 06-27-2013 at 09:30 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Another "not so approved thing" is you can just go to the lectures that you made provided there aren't any inclass attendance things such as iclickers. Tutorials and labs you have to go to the one assigned if you cannot choose the one you want.
Also you need to make sure that the lecture hall isn't full if you're going to a section that you aren't registered in. It's not fair to the people actually registered in that section (who may not be able to go to any others) if they can't find a seat because people in other sections decided to go to theirs instead.