MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Recreational fencing? Aestas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-22-2009 12:41 PM
Recreational Badminton Abyss General Discussion 2 09-02-2008 06:02 PM
First Day of Classes Holly Academics 6 08-27-2008 10:23 PM

Recreational Classes

Old 07-31-2009 at 09:49 PM   #1
VoyozooT

Liked: 3 Times

Recreational Classes
Hey, I was wondering how do you register for instructional classes on
www.athrec.mcmaster.c a? It asks you for your Barcode and PIN number, what are these?

Also the cost is different for member and non-member. How do you become a member?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-31-2009 at 09:50 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyozooT View Post
Hey, I was wondering how do you register for instructional classes on
www.athrec.mcmaster.c a? It asks you for your Barcode and PIN number, what are these?

Also the cost is different for member and non-member. How do you become a member?

Thanks a bunch!
Are you talking about this:

http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/registration/index.htm

Edit: The above doesn't really help, but this might:

How do I get a P.I.N. and password?
In order to get started using Online Registration, you will need to get a P.I.N. and password. If your e-mail address is on the database, simply click here, enter your e-mail address and you will be sent your P.I.N. and password.

BAR CODE NUMBERS AND P.I.N.S
What are Bar Code Numbers and P.I.N.S.?
To use Online Registration, you must have your access numbers: a Bar Code Number and Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.). If you are a current client with McMaster Athletics and Recreation you or your family has been set up with its own Athletics and Recreation account and has been given a Bar Code Number and P.I.N. number.
Your P.I.N. and Bar Code Number identifies you or your family to the system. Both numbers are combined to provide an extra level of security for you within our database. Your P.I.N. should be kept confidential and can be changed by you at the top right of the My Account screen.
If you are a new client to McMaster Athletics and Recreation, you will need to apply for your P.I.N. and Bar Code Numbers. Please complete an Online Registration Access Application Form (Adobe Acrobat Reader Format) and send it via mail or fax to the Recreation Business Office for processing.
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:02 PM   #3
VoyozooT

oh ok, since I'm a first year I have to apply to be a new client right? All I have to do is fill in that application form and hand it in to the Recreation Business Office?
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:18 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
oh ok, since I'm a first year I have to apply to be a new client right? All I have to do is fill in that application form and hand it in to the Recreation Business Office?
I'm pretty sure you aren't a new client. Your already a member of the Athletics & Recreation centre by being a student at McMaster. Do the first thing since they should have your e-mail on file.
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:21 PM   #5
VoyozooT

I entered both my normal email and my mcmaster email and it says im not in the database... >_<
Old 07-31-2009 at 10:35 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I entered both my normal email and my mcmaster email and it says im not in the database... >_<
Hmmm, unless it's because you haven't paid yet I'm probably wrong.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:29 PM   #7
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

just a side note, (sorry for not answering op's q though), there are also some clubs that run instructional fitness classes. It's student run but they have a hired instructor as well. you sign up with the club though and they usually have a trial class if you want to see how it goes.