MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac in a Snap Photo Contest lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 07-22-2010 11:17 AM
I Still Haven't Sent My Student ID Photo HELP Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-11-2010 04:32 AM
do we need a photo id? arjun2001 Residence & Housing 10 09-06-2009 11:28 AM
Passport Photo bauhaual General Discussion 5 10-24-2008 02:12 PM

Registration - need photo ID?

Old 04-28-2008 at 08:28 AM   #1
jeff87

Liked: 0 Times

Registration - need photo ID?
Just wondering if I actually need a passport photo when I go to get my ID, it says that I do on the registration form but I have been told they will just take your photo in the office when you go. Anyone?
Old 04-28-2008 at 08:51 AM   #2
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

If you send in the ID form with a passport sized picture (it doesn't need to be an actual passport pic, just a headshot the same size), you'll get your student card in the mail before September, so you'll have it when you come to campus.
Old 04-28-2008 at 05:26 PM   #3
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

sweet, I like how we can put our own choise of picture on the card...the photos they take of me for ID are usually terrible!
Old 04-29-2008 at 06:18 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

As Sarah said, they need your photo earlier so they can print your card and send it to you before classes begin. Otherwise you'll have to wait in a line when you get to Mac and get the photo taken on campus. Much easier to send in the photo with your information.

You can get cheap professional passport photos from Walmart.
Old 04-30-2008 at 11:59 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You essentially need something to fit the dimensions on the page. Passport photos are those dimensions, which is why they're reconmended.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-04-2008 at 09:05 PM   #6
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

wah wah
v.v

I totally wish I'd read this before i sent my new student form in...I had passport mug shots lying around so i just used that. Wah wah!

So you know...I'll be the student who looks like a criminal on their ID.
Old 05-04-2008 at 09:07 PM   #7
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times

anyone know the pixel size of passport pics? I'd like to just crop one ive got on my computer and send it in, so I get to choose one where I actually look half decent
Old 05-04-2008 at 09:09 PM   #8
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Ha.
Nice. Pixels no. But I know they're wallet sized...
Old 05-04-2008 at 10:44 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I'm pretty sure it needs to be an actual photograph...so unless you're printing on photo paper J-Met you may be SOL

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-05-2008 at 01:26 AM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

They scan the photo though, don't they? The photo isn't cut out and placed on your card, it's a printed colour image that's on the card. Whoever has the job of scanning all those thousands of photos, I feel sorry for them
Old 05-05-2008 at 02:46 AM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I honestly have no idea what they do with the photo. Now that you brought that up though, I'm curious.

Old 05-05-2008 at 07:37 PM   #12
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

hey just along the lines of this just wondering when do I start sending forms and such into MAC (i.e. new student form, course selection, rooming forms etc.) am I allowed to do it right when I click the accept button on OUAC or...?
Old 05-05-2008 at 07:42 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Course selection is done exclusively online and doesn't start until I believe the first week of July for first year students.

The rest of the forms you can send now...I'm not sure which are available online, as I haven't done any in so long. If they are available, and online you can send them in now. If they are in paper format only, you can mail them to Mac now if you wish.

I am 99% sure there is no ability for you to do any of these things on the OUAC site. Everything would be on Mac's website if it's available at all.

Old 05-05-2008 at 07:48 PM   #14
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

umm ok but I kinda meant that previously in this thread there was someone who mentioned "I sent in my new student form and I didn't realize I could just use one of my pics etc." so I was wondering how they got it along with the boarding arrangments. I haven't fully accepted MAC yet as in I haven't done so on OUAC so I was wondering once I have will I have access to them online or do I wait for them to be mailed to me??
Old 05-05-2008 at 07:53 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

From what I recall, all of your res and new student form stuff is in your acceptance package.