MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
residence GraceChoi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-21-2010 12:27 PM
FCE and Residence moonlitnight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 03-21-2010 01:35 PM
Residence saigalhz General Discussion 13 04-10-2009 09:44 AM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Residence Amenities?

Old 08-15-2011 at 08:52 PM   #1
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

Residence Amenities?
What sort of things, beside rooms and bathrooms, are in the residence buildings, particularly matthews?

my friends at waterloo said they had ping pong tables and pools tables in their basement? do we?

what about our common rooms? I know we have a fridge, a kitchen setting, a tv, probably some couches to go with that tv...anything else? any Foosball tables?

just wondering because i have ping pong table in my basement and was wondering if i should practice xD
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:00 PM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

mckay and hedden have pool tables, les prince has a ping pong table and a chalkboard, I think they all have pianos

kaitotst likes this.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:02 PM   #3
ricechrispy

pianos! ahhh!!!!
just took my gr.10 piano exam today and played perhaps the worst i've every played...
no more pianos for me!!! eek

and why are there pianos? doesn't it make a lot of noise and disturb a lot of people who are trying to sleep/study?
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:14 PM   #4
AngieC

Liked: 7 Times

Is there a piano in Keyes ?! <3
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:19 PM   #5
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

b/c we have music students who play piano and need to practice ! (i think) lol they are in the basement and to be honest I never hear it
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:21 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechrispy View Post
pianos! ahhh!!!!
just took my gr.10 piano exam today and played perhaps the worst i've every played...
no more pianos for me!!! eek

and why are there pianos? doesn't it make a lot of noise and disturb a lot of people who are trying to sleep/study?
You can only play the piano before quiet time.
Old 08-15-2011 at 09:43 PM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You can only play the piano before quiet time.
ahem i beg to differ
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:15 PM   #8
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

Moulton Hall has pianos on every floor. I've never once heard of anyone complaining about any disturbance and the piano was played quite alot on my floor.
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:21 PM   #9
lux

Liked: 318 Times

Old 08-15-2011 at 10:33 PM   #10
ricechrispy

umm, so does anyone know what matthews has? pingpong tables? pool tables? foosball?
Old 08-15-2011 at 10:34 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
ahem i beg to differ
The CAs will tell you to stop playing if anyone hears/reports it.
Old 08-17-2011 at 08:55 PM   #12
morsmordre

Liked: Liked 5 Times

Matthews has a large game room in the basement with a pool table, ping pong table and foosball table. there are also couches and chairs in the games room. around the corner there are male/female washrooms and the piano room (which is literally a piano and two chairs in a room). The basement also has a rather large common room with loads of seating and long tables on one side you can use for studying, or whatever. Across from that common room is a smaller study room with a few tables and chairs. There is also 2 bike rooms in the basement.

There are common rooms on the 1st floor as well, with a 'tv area' which has the tv, a few tables and sort of comfortable furniture. Another section is generally just couches for hanging out. Then there is the kitchen section with a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle, as well as cupboards and drawers if you want to store stuff there (i would not recommend it). Each little wing on first floor has a common room. There are not any common rooms on floors 2-4.

LindsayL216, ricechrispy all say thanks to morsmordre for this post.

Old 08-17-2011 at 09:00 PM   #13
Nicole

Liked: 2 Times

Yes Keyes does have a piano. It is in the basement and you have to sign out the key at the service desk. In fact every residence does have at least one piano in it.
Old 08-17-2011 at 09:01 PM   #14
ricechrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsmordre View Post
Matthews has a large game room in the basement with a pool table, ping pong table and foosball table. there are also couches and chairs in the games room. around the corner there are male/female washrooms and the piano room (which is literally a piano and two chairs in a room). The basement also has a rather large common room with loads of seating and long tables on one side you can use for studying, or whatever. Across from that common room is a smaller study room with a few tables and chairs. There is also 2 bike rooms in the basement.

There are common rooms on the 1st floor as well, with a 'tv area' which has the tv, a few tables and sort of comfortable furniture. Another section is generally just couches for hanging out. Then there is the kitchen section with a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle, as well as cupboards and drawers if you want to store stuff there (i would not recommend it). Each little wing on first floor has a common room. There are not any common rooms on floors 2-4.
oh sweeeeeeet, thanks for that answer
didn't realize the basement was that big and had that much
definitely gonna practice some ping pong now xD
Old 08-17-2011 at 09:58 PM   #15
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Matthews Hall basement was meh...