screen frustrations YipColleen Computers & Tech 8 11-11-2010 08:58 PM
Windows 7 Welcome Screen Desda Computers & Tech 12 07-21-2010 08:35 AM
Linux software suggestions DannyV General Discussion 32 08-06-2009 04:12 PM

Screen capturing software suggestions?

Old 10-03-2013 at 02:19 AM   #1
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Screen capturing software suggestions?
Half way into most lectures my brain shuts off and nothing makes sense. I need some suggestions for free screen capturing software so i can record my lectures for later reference-my profs post power points before classes begin, i just wan't to record how they explain the content(s) of the slide(s)- I tried liteCam HD (trial version) and it was good, but only recorded 15 minute videos- i also could not get the full version by other means. So if you have any suggestions please share them. I am failing everything so far and would like to make a comeback.
Old 10-03-2013 at 07:24 AM   #2
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Half way into most lectures my brain shuts off and nothing makes sense. I need some suggestions for free screen capturing software so i can record my lectures for later reference-my profs post power points before classes begin, i just wan't to record how they explain the content(s) of the slide(s)- I tried liteCam HD (trial version) and it was good, but only recorded 15 minute videos- i also could not get the full version by other means. So if you have any suggestions please share them. I am failing everything so far and would like to make a comeback.
If all you want to record is your profs voice as he talks, why not just use some audio device, like your laptop's built-in microphone software, to record what he is saying. Not sure if Microsoft Office for PC has this too but on Mac Office 2011, you can record audio slide-to-slide so that you don't such a hard time navigating through the recording when studying.

Suspect says thanks to Commie42 for this post.
Old 10-03-2013 at 08:02 AM   #3
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Fraps. Only Fraps. It's always been Fraps, and will always be Fraps.

Suspect says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.

Desda likes this.
Old 10-03-2013 at 05:07 PM   #4
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

If you have the battery capacity on your laptop, microsoft One Note also has the option to record lecture while you're taking notes (it even attaches the audio by time to the notes, so you can go back to a specific part of your notes when you typed something and play the recording from that point.... hard to explain, easier if you try it out)

Suspect says thanks to anon491 for this post.
Old 10-03-2013 at 05:17 PM   #5
Suspect

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie42 View Post
If all you want to record is your profs voice as he talks, why not just use some audio device, like your laptop's built-in microphone software, to record what he is saying. Not sure if Microsoft Office for PC has this too but on Mac Office 2011, you can record audio slide-to-slide so that you don't such a hard time navigating through the recording when studying.
Lenovo, no mac. Should have mentioned that sorry.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll try out fraps and one note.