MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: What screen size do you prefer/have for a laptop?
12" 5 12.20%
13" 12 29.27%
14" 6 14.63%
15" 13 31.71%
16" 2 4.88%
17" or more 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
sony vaio screen problems Qadd Computers & Tech 5 09-08-2010 11:48 PM
Windows 7 Welcome Screen Desda Computers & Tech 12 07-21-2010 08:35 AM
Convert Glossy screen to Matte? Allan General Discussion 5 08-22-2009 11:29 AM
Flat-screen monitor ladyh General Discussion 5 01-08-2008 11:28 PM

What screen size do you prefer/have for a laptop?

Old 07-08-2009 at 12:54 PM   #16
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanishka View Post
so will the cable be free or will it be chargeable?if chargeable then any idea how much will they charge?
if you live in mary keyes, and possible bates, but i only know about keyes because i lived there,

then the cable in the living room is provided. its basic cable and you dont get cable directly to your ROOM where you bed is.. only in the living room.

as for other traditional style residences, there is cable tv in the common rooms.

if you want cable in your traditional room or in your actual bedroom in mary keyes, your going to have to pay for it.
Old 07-08-2009 at 02:08 PM   #17
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
13" is good for me.

I don't know why people enjoy giant laptops, they end up as desktops with a lid because they're so heavy to carry.
As more and more advanced technology is coming out, the laptops are getting lighter and lighter. My sister just bought a brand new 17' Vaio laptop and it is almost as light as my 2 year old Vaio 14' laptop. So if you are planning to buy a new laptop, the weight may not be too much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
I think anything over 15" becomes very akward.
However, this is completely true. The bigger your laptop, the bigger your carrying case/backpack. If you are planning to buy a large laptop that you will bring to class, be prepared to have a large backpack (which will probably end up hitting a lot of people when you are trying to get in and out of the lecture rooms )
Old 07-08-2009 at 02:18 PM   #18
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

13" Macbook Pro.
I was watching 2 movies on it last night, Kanishka, and to answer your question, it was beautiful.

I especially like how DVDs nowadays have closed captioning

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-08-2009 at 11:01 PM   #19
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

After owning a huge 15.4"... got a 12" and loving it. It's basically the size of a piece of letter sized paper. Got great battery life and it's light and small, something essential when your going to be carrying it around everywhere on campus. Plus smaller screen means less battery power lost and thus longer battery life!

I think 13.3" would also be fine too, since it is sometimes too small for extended periods of time. But IMO the smaller the better, since if you have a small screen you can just attach a bigger external monitor (which I do, 19" LOL), but if you have a bigger screen like 17", you can't really make it smaller or any lighter.
Old 07-08-2009 at 11:35 PM   #20
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

I have a 15 inch MBP from 2008 and it weighs pretty much the same as a macbook. So depending on what you get weight doesnt really factor into size.