MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Black.Mamba Academics 2 06-22-2010 05:26 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

Solar

Old 08-13-2009 at 06:21 PM   #751
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

I still haven't logged into SOLAR, not even once!!!!!! Been trying for nearly 11 hours :(

Anyone else here still trying?
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:28 PM   #752
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Ive been trying since 8 am where i logged into MUGSI. Got kicked out. Gave up at 1pm, napped for 2 hrs came back and nothing.
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:31 PM   #753
alessandro91

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
I still haven't logged into SOLAR, not even once!!!!!! Been trying for nearly 11 hours :(

Anyone else here still trying?
I just did what kirchoff suggested above to get on mugsi. It worked very well, and I was able to get on mugsi in under 3 minutes. Then, to get on SOLAR, I just kept on clicking the link on mugsi. That didn't take very long either. I got bumped out many times, though.
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:32 PM   #754
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Well, after trying for 8 hours (sleep hrs don't count) I still can't get in.
Thank you, MUGSI for an entire day wasted.

{ don't stop the music }
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:34 PM   #755
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro91 View Post
I just did what kirchoff suggested above to get on mugsi. It worked very well, and I was able to get on mugsi in under 3 minutes. Then, to get on SOLAR, I just kept on clicking the link on mugsi. That didn't take very long either. I got bumped out many times, though.
What exactly did you do?
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:45 PM   #756
meerf

Liked: 7 Times

guys i have been accessing mugsi for lots of people like in about less than 5 mins. all i do is click on mugsi. and then wait for hte thing to pop up. if it sayts its full, hit alt f4 and then click enter and ti should bring back the mugsi link because mugsi will be highlighted from before. if its still full hit altf4 and try it agian. it worked for me REALLY well.. again accessed solar wihtihn 5 mins
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:51 PM   #757
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerf View Post
guys i have been accessing mugsi for lots of people like in about less than 5 mins. all i do is click on mugsi. and then wait for hte thing to pop up. if it sayts its full, hit alt f4 and then click enter and ti should bring back the mugsi link because mugsi will be highlighted from before. if its still full hit altf4 and try it agian. it worked for me REALLY well.. again accessed solar wihtihn 5 mins
WHATT?? alt F4 closes tabs!!!
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:54 PM   #758
alessandro91

Quote:
What exactly did you do?
At the top of page 25, kirchoff explains it very well. Put the link as your homepage and keep pressing control and n at the same time to open a new browser. Eventually you'll get the login box. After you log in, it will probably tell you that mugsi is full. Don't worry...just keep opening a new browser until you get the FIPPA page and then press continue. Once you're on mugsi, just press the link for SOLAR, wait to see if you get on, and if you don't, then press the link again. Eventually it will work. Good luck!
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:54 PM   #759
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Ya a ton easier accessing it now than the hell of earlier today T_T

Charbs likes this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 06:59 PM   #760
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro91 View Post
At the top of page 25, kirchoff explains it very well. Put the link as your homepage and keep pressing control and n at the same time to open a new browser. Eventually you'll get the login box. After you log in, it will probably tell you that mugsi is full. Don't worry...just keep opening a new browser until you get the FIPPA page and then press continue. Once you're on mugsi, just press the link for SOLAR, wait to see if you get on, and if you don't, then press the link again. Eventually it will work. Good luck!
I've also saved the link as my homepage and I keep pressing alt+home over 300 times every few mins. Have been doing that for a few hours now...doesn't seem to be working.
Old 08-13-2009 at 07:01 PM   #761
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

I get in after all that damned waiting only to find that all the lab sections are full. FML
Old 08-13-2009 at 07:16 PM   #762
Sultan

I tried kirchoff's way but after I fill in the info for the login box it says

"Please logon with your MACID
If you do not see a logon box, please ensure that you allow 'pop-ups' from https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca
or click Gateway Login"

Any suggestions?

Old 08-13-2009 at 07:18 PM   #763
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
WHATT?? alt F4 closes tabs!!!
LMFAO~~~ yes it does
Old 08-13-2009 at 07:21 PM   #764
alessandro91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
I tried kirchoff's way but after I fill in the info for the login box it says

"Please logon with your MACID
If you do not see a logon box, please ensure that you allow 'pop-ups' from https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca
or click Gateway Login"

Any suggestions?

That happened to met the first time as well. Do the same method over again, and you should eventually get to a page with a lot of writing. Press continue, and you should get on mugsi.
Old 08-13-2009 at 07:21 PM   #765
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen_360 View Post
I get in after all that damned waiting only to find that all the lab sections are full. FML
who knows, tomorrow they may be open... or the day after, lol just cross your fingers