MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Black.Mamba Academics 2 06-22-2010 05:26 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

Solar

Old 08-13-2009 at 11:04 PM   #781
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
So i just got in, but how do i change my schedule? Like if I want to move a Tutorial from one day to another, how do I do it?
Alright, if you want to change a tutorial for a course, click on the drop down menu beside the course that says "Action" and click MODIFY. The course will now show drop down menu's for the core, tutorial/lab sections.

Check out this link: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Look for the course at hand, and check out when each tutorial occurs for the core you're enrolled in (It will tell you Day & Time). I advise you do all this before you enter SOLAR as you only have 45 minutes and there are other people waiting to get on.

All of that also applies for cores and labs. :] And you change your timetable that way.

reeves says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:27 PM   #782
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Alright, if you want to change a tutorial for a course, click on the drop down menu beside the course that says "Action" and click MODIFY. The course will now show drop down menu's for the core, tutorial/lab sections.

Check out this link: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Look for the course at hand, and check out when each tutorial occurs for the core you're enrolled in (It will tell you Day & Time). I advise you do all this before you enter SOLAR as you only have 45 minutes and there are other people waiting to get on.

All of that also applies for cores and labs. :] And you change your timetable that way.
You're my new hero!
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:33 PM   #783
HG88

Liked: 0 Times

I am trying to pick up Biology 1A03, i have all the prereqs, except im not sure if kinesiology counts as me being registered in a level 1 science program. Should I be able to register in that class or is solar right?
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:35 PM   #784
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo!io View Post
So I was finally able to get in. Except of course everything is still full *cough* KIN 1YY3 and HTH STD 2D03 *cough* so the only thing I could add was ECON 1BB3. Not impressed.
Ya Kin is a really sought after course (with good reason, its an awesome one =D), I hope you're able to get in!
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:39 PM   #785
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Ah, after 15.5 hours, i finally got into MUGSI at midnight and SOLAR within seconds. That was brutal but thank god i took a nap and many tv breaks. I FINALLY GOT INTO KIN 1Y03. After more than a month of struggle, i got in and I'm sure you can get into KIN 1Y03, be patient. I checked everyday when SOLAR was open and todai i finally got it.
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:41 PM   #786
HG88

I am trying to get into biology 1A03, I am curently enrolled in kinesiology.
Shouldnt kinesiology count as a level 1 science course? that is the prereq i am assuming it thinks i do not have because i took grade 12 bio
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:46 PM   #787
PockyWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG88 View Post
I am trying to get into biology 1A03, I am curently enrolled in kinesiology.
Shouldnt kinesiology count as a level 1 science course? that is the prereq i am assuming it thinks i do not have because i took grade 12 bio
I swear faculty of Science insults Kin because they branched off from originally being a part of the Faculty of Science at Mac before they became their own faculty?

If I'm wrong please correct me hahaha, 'cause I distinctly remember Science poking fun of Kin at faculty day last year because they weren't a part of our faculty anymore.
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:47 PM   #788
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Ah, after 15.5 hours, i finally got into MUGSI at midnight and SOLAR within seconds. That was brutal but thank god i took a nap and many tv breaks. I FINALLY GOT INTO KIN 1Y03. After more than a month of struggle, i got in and I'm sure you can get into KIN 1Y03, be patient. I checked everyday when SOLAR was open and todai i finally got it.
wow you did? congrats... i want to get in but it seems like no one would give it up lol
Old 08-13-2009 at 11:59 PM   #789
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
I swear faculty of Science insults Kin because they branched off from originally being a part of the Faculty of Science at Mac before they became their own faculty?

If I'm wrong please correct me hahaha, 'cause I distinctly remember Science poking fun of Kin at faculty day last year because they weren't a part of our faculty anymore.
Well Kin sort off sleep around with everyone! They actually left the Faculty of Social Science this year(they were part of that last year and the years before I think), now they are either a) Thier own Faculty or b) Part of Science

Even we have NEW chants making fun of them because they left this year!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 08-14-2009 at 12:07 AM   #790
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Well Kin sort off sleep around with everyone! They actually left the Faculty of Social Science this year(they were part of that last year and the years before I think), now they are either a) Thier own Faculty or b) Part of Science

Even we have NEW chants making fun of them because they left this year!
LOL. For a second I thought you were making a horrible comment about students in Kin being promiscuous.

In any case, Kin is a cool subject, don't hate, appreciate. :] If only it wasn't always full or conflicted with required courses.:/
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:12 AM   #791
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Ye Sinthu, took me 15.5 hrs but i took a lot of breaks after like 1 pm including a nap. Ye, keep trying to get into KIN 1Y03. When I left SOLAR, it was still open. Keep trying, im pretty sure ull get a spot before Sep 21 or even before school starts.
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:14 AM   #792
PockyWarrior

Wow, this thread has had like a literal full day of posts, with virtually no break between each post D=

so intenseee
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:14 AM   #793
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

I got into Kin 1Y03 too! It cost me a 60 dollar parking ticket though which I am NOT happy about. hah
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:16 AM   #794
HG88

**As of 09/10, the department of kinesiology is part of the Faculty of Science.
This means if I am enrolled in kinesiology I an enrolled in a level 1 science course right?
Well it appears that either solar is not registering that I took biology in grade 12 or it does not realise that kinesiology is in the faculty of science. What should I need to get into that course and i have the prereqs, solar is just messing up
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:17 AM   #795
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrachel View Post
I got into Kin 1Y03 too! It cost me a 60 dollar parking ticket though which I am NOT happy about. hah
Gasp! How did that happen :O, on the other hand, You're in Kin! yay