MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Black.Mamba Academics 2 06-22-2010 05:26 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

Solar

Old 08-14-2009 at 12:21 AM   #796
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG88 View Post
**As of 09/10, the department of kinesiology is part of the Faculty of Science.
This means if I am enrolled in kinesiology I an enrolled in a level 1 science course right?
Well it appears that either solar is not registering that I took biology in grade 12 or it does not realise that kinesiology is in the faculty of science. What should I need to get into that course and i have the prereqs, solar is just messing up
I answered your question here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2294 1
-------------------------

It took me 10 hours to finally get into MUGSI and SOLAR. Yeesh.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-14-2009 at 12:23 AM   #797
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Gasp! How did that happen :O, on the other hand, You're in Kin! yay

I was stopped in a "No Stopping" zone. It was this little side road beside a library in downtown toronto and I got wifi there, so I decided to check solar (LOL). I got into solar and saw that Kin was "avail" so I quickly started adding the core/lab/tut when the parking lady pulled up behind me. Oh well, I deserved it. blah
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:26 AM   #798
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrachel View Post
I was stopped in a "No Stopping" zone. It was this little side road beside a library in downtown toronto and I got wifi there, so I decided to check solar (LOL). I got into solar and saw that Kin was "avail" so I quickly started adding the core/lab/tut when the parking lady pulled up behind me. Oh well, I deserved it. blah
Talk about committed!! Then again I would do the same, trust me Kin is worth itttt, the labs are the best labs I think I'll do in my whole life!!
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:40 AM   #799
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

dumb b!tch told me:

oh just wait the physics course you need to complete by the end of this year will become available on august 13th when solar reopens.

nodda chance

now im calling around and apparently no one in the associate deans office likes to work on a friday at 9 am?
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:48 AM   #800
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

SOLAR wasn't too bad for me this time around. I got into relatively quickly and managed to fix all my courses to times I wanted. So overall it was a big success.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:54 AM   #801
holagurrl

Liked: 10 Times

I really want a physics course too, I've been trying since June :( Oh well, I still have a chance.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:31 AM   #802
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
Wow, this thread has had like a literal full day of posts, with virtually no break between each post D=

so intenseee
Yeahhh haha, you should've seen around like 8:30-10:30, several posts a minute.
Old 08-14-2009 at 09:44 AM   #803
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
dumb b!tch told me:

oh just wait the physics course you need to complete by the end of this year will become available on august 13th when solar reopens.

nodda chance

now im calling around and apparently no one in the associate deans office likes to work on a friday at 9 am?
If its a required course (like having to finish physics 1B03 by end of second year is required for life science) then contact an academic advisor and they should give you permission into the course (because they should still have some holdback seats maybe)

At least that's what I did for Physics 1B03 this year
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:16 PM   #804
MelissaL

Liked: 1 Time

HOW is mugsi STILL full?!

It's been 30 hours since it opened and i still had a tough time getting into it again!

Thankfully my schedule is done - no more solar .... till next year
Old 08-14-2009 at 12:44 PM   #805
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
dumb b!tch told me...
lol, somebody's pissed!
Old 08-14-2009 at 01:06 PM   #806
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

So many posts. So slow on dial up.

Here's my MUGSI tale ladies and gentlemen.
At 3:53 PM in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, I logged on to an Internet cafe. I opened MUGSI, logged on, realised that was stupid and logged off. I waited thinking that 4:15 would be a better time to pursue the cause.
I think I was wrong in doing that.

I sat on this Goddamn website for over 4 hours at various locations. When I wasn't sitting, my relatives in Mississauga were. Very very annoying.

I got on much later. Much much much later on a slow dial up connection. I found that I could only have L06 as my Chem 1AA3 lab and this happens to be the very lab that conflicts with 3 of my other courses.

I would punch the screen but I'm paying $1500 for it so I refrained from doing so.

AND..AND...WHO WANTS AN 8:30 PSYCHOLOGY TUTORIAL? Why would so many people want that? (Rhetorical; rhetorical!)

I'm not even gonna bother waiting for Dr. Lock. I'll try but I ain't waiting.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-14-2009 at 01:09 PM   #807
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
HOW is mugsi STILL full?!
I've actually been able to get on fine a couple times today already, I think instead of it CONSTANTLY being full like yesterday, it'll just be in intervals. lol
Old 08-14-2009 at 01:10 PM   #808
hello395

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Ye Sinthu, took me 15.5 hrs but i took a lot of breaks after like 1 pm including a nap. Ye, keep trying to get into KIN 1Y03. When I left SOLAR, it was still open. Keep trying, im pretty sure ull get a spot before Sep 21 or even before school starts.
Hey did you already drop Gerontol 1A03?
Old 08-14-2009 at 01:18 PM   #809
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
Ah, after 15.5 hours, i finally got into MUGSI at midnight and SOLAR within seconds. That was brutal but thank god i took a nap and many tv breaks. I FINALLY GOT INTO KIN 1Y03. After more than a month of struggle, i got in and I'm sure you can get into KIN 1Y03, be patient. I checked everyday when SOLAR was open and todai i finally got it.
Ugh, I hate you, lol... It was full everytime I tried, checking every day (including yesterday) except when it was down.

Oh well. Fingers still crossed.
Old 08-14-2009 at 01:51 PM   #810
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

If on the mcmaster timetable, the instructor's name is not listed for a core class, do we assume it is the same prof as the one mentioned in the core class above it?