MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is anyone else in mugsi but cant open solar? belindz! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-11-2010 01:08 PM
When does Solar re-open? Mr.Prodigy Academics 30 07-23-2009 02:58 PM
Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!) Chad MUGSI & SOLAR 78 07-02-2009 06:44 PM
SOLAR Issues and PSYCH 1XX3 crazytown Academics 10 07-02-2009 12:44 AM
When does solar open for course regis.? deone Academics 2 06-16-2008 05:19 PM

SOLAR issues: why isn't it open?

Old 08-11-2008 at 02:22 PM   #166
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If you read in some of the earlier replies, I believe others have had the same problem as you FlyWithMac. It sounds like a bug, and there isn't anything to do except wait for a fix to be made and to contact the Registrar to let them know that the bug exists (if it is indeed a bug).
Old 08-11-2008 at 02:23 PM   #167
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradchi View Post
lather rinse repeat
That made me chuckle.
Old 08-11-2008 at 03:28 PM   #168
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviaf View Post
Quick tip on getting in:

MUGSI:

hold your hand on alt+f4, when max number appears press the buttons and quickly click the mugsi link again (keep the mouse pointed there), do this over and over and you can get in in like 10 min max
wow that actually worked. but then when i logged in, it went back to the max number screen. not fair! :(

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:04 PM   #169
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, but the second time it'll load directly into mugsi.
Old 08-12-2008 at 12:25 AM   #170
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The person you were talking to before who was going to 'fix' the problem. Did they fix it then? What did they fix / what is different?
They fixed the problem of students who reconfirmed their payment agreement after aug 8th, not being able to access solar to change things. It now looks at the first date you confirmed the PA rather than the last

Also, I'm glad my MUGSI tips helped somone

Yea, If you login u might then get the max number screen but the next time, you'll go straight in
Old 08-12-2008 at 12:37 AM   #171
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Here's a tip.. something that I do. Click to see your timetable on the side. It prompts you to login like MUGSI. Once you do that, you're in the system. Now click on the MUGSI link a couple of times to get on, and tada. You don't have to do it a 2nd time. It saves a bit time. How much? I really don't know.
Old 08-12-2008 at 03:02 PM   #172
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon89 View Post
Here's a tip.. something that I do. Click to see your timetable on the side. It prompts you to login like MUGSI. Once you do that, you're in the system. Now click on the MUGSI link a couple of times to get on, and tada. You don't have to do it a 2nd time. It saves a bit time. How much? I really don't know.
it saves enough - that worked out better for me too.
Old 08-12-2008 at 07:02 PM   #173
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Yeah, I ended up using that after the stupid maximum number screen showed up except I used grade reports. Not too much of a difference.

Edit: Btw, I think the majority of the people have done their stuff because I just clicked once, got into mugsi and then again one click into solar. YAYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 08-14-2008 at 02:33 PM   #174
sango

Liked: 0 Times

woo i got into SOLAR !! but NOW my problem was that it doesn't display all cores and labs for Psych 1x03 which im trying to shuffle to a better time, so when i "display all" it gets rid of the core i pick.. so i go back and poick the core then it gets rid of the tutorial i picked... is anyone else having this problem???
Old 08-14-2008 at 04:05 PM   #175
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

It's probably because certain tutorials are assigned to certain core classes. Check the Master Timetable to be sure