MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is anyone else in mugsi but cant open solar? belindz! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-11-2010 01:08 PM
When does Solar re-open? Mr.Prodigy Academics 30 07-23-2009 02:58 PM
Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!) Chad MUGSI & SOLAR 78 07-02-2009 06:44 PM
SOLAR Issues and PSYCH 1XX3 crazytown Academics 10 07-02-2009 12:44 AM
When does solar open for course regis.? deone Academics 2 06-16-2008 05:19 PM

SOLAR issues: why isn't it open?

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:32 AM   #121
MannyF
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

I was also able to get in (after a long battle) and was able to make all the changes I needed. I am unsure about one change however, which I may do later on so I hope availability is good. When I got onto SOLAR, almost everything was available, so dont worry TOO much =P. As stevennevets said, even electives are available (for those of you looking for bird courses, even those are available!) Also, as mentioned previously, the timetables are updated rather quickly after making changes on SOLAR and are a nice sight once you have everything how you like it (or close to it anyways...)!

Best of luck to everyone with their timetables and SOLAR...and MUGSI!

-M

Last edited by MannyF : 08-11-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:39 AM   #122
julie

Did anybody else notice that the physics tutorials weren't on solar? And now they're not on my schedule either
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:44 AM   #123
MannyF
Account Disabled by User

I did not need to change my tutorials on SOLAR so I didn't pay attention to it...but as for the schedule, they are on my updated timetable yes.
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:49 AM   #124
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

After a long wait I finally made my changes. Now to wait until my Timetable is updated .
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:52 AM   #125
MannyF
Account Disabled by User

Nice, were many courses full or still available? Just to update others on the current situation =P. And your timetable will most likely be up before the stated 1 hour. So be sure to check frequently.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:01 AM   #126
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyF View Post
Nice, were many courses full or still available? Just to update others on the current situation =P. And your timetable will most likely be up before the stated 1 hour. So be sure to check frequently.
Sorry forgot to update. Well many of the Physics Labs and Tutorials were full (unfortunately the lab/tutorial I wanted was full also). Most of the electives were available though. Chemistry Thursday labs/tutorials were full. All (or almost all) cores for both Physics and Chemistry were available. Engineer 1D04 all things were available. Those were the only things I changed/attempted to change so I don't know about the rest of the courses. Hope this helps!

PS: The timetable updates pretty fast. I got my new one within 10 minutes .
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:02 AM   #127
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

I got 4/8 changes that I wanted to make. Ugh, this is soo frustrating.. For example for CHEM 1E03, there's four cores. The core that I want to get in is full.. the other three are available. *sigh. Same situation with the other 3 that I want to change. :(

This sucks.

Last edited by Talon89 : 08-11-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:28 AM   #128
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

i talked to student financial office and for those who reconfirmed after august 8th, the manager is coming in to fix the problem so that it looks at the earliest date confirmed. they dont know when they'll get there or fix it though . i hate mcmaster for this.

Question: even though some labs and tutorials are full, is it possible to speak with professors to get switched into full classes?

citfat, scott000 all say thanks to aviaf for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:34 AM   #129
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I have a small question. I was using SOLAR earlier and my 45 minute session ended so I'm wondering when I'd be able to log on again?
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:36 AM   #130
Leraison

As soon as a space opens you, you can get in Nino. You don't have to wait a specific time before being allowed in again.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:37 AM   #131
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

Thanks for the info on them fixing the re-confirm thing. Hopefully its done asap.

As for your question:
If the lab/tutorial/core you want is full, just keep checking everyday in hopes of somebody else switching out of it. Last year there was an elective I wanted that was full before I could even select it (when we chose our courses). But when Solar re-opened I kept checking and after a couple days I was able to get into the class. If you have a really good reason you may be able to convince the prof to let you into a full class. It'll likely depend on the prof. But, just keep trying and you may get lucky without having to go through all that.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:38 AM   #132
amit

yeah! finally got rid of all the conflicts.. took me 4 tries because first time i planned out a timetable but then that all went down the drain when certain tutorials were full. had to switch some courses from term 1 to term 2 and vice versa to get it all right... wouldn't have preferred to switch those courses around but i am trying to look at the bright side (lol no more messing with solar).. and for those who can't get it.. keep clicking/refreshing... took me 20 mins of constantly trying to get in.. good luck

p.s. - plan out a timetable beforehand. the loading process can be pretty slow at times and you don't want to waste time selecting tutorials/cores on the spot as you may get kicked out once you reach the the time limit

Last edited by amit : 08-11-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:53 AM   #133
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

you guys are so lucky...
i can't even log in to my own account!
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:53 AM   #134
iki_31
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

its 11 :52 and EVER SINCE 8 AM IVE BEEN TRYING TO GO ON MUGSI!! i cant get in!!! :'(

i dunt even know wat to do ... should i waste my whole day like i wasted my whole morning doing this or wat?:????!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:56 AM   #135
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

Dear MUGSI,

You suck. I think we need to break up.
I hope you and SOLAR are happy for ruining my day.
Jerks.

Love,
Me.