MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is anyone else in mugsi but cant open solar? belindz! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-11-2010 01:08 PM
When does Solar re-open? Mr.Prodigy Academics 30 07-23-2009 02:58 PM
Common Issues With SOLAR (and how to solve them!) Chad MUGSI & SOLAR 78 07-02-2009 06:44 PM
SOLAR Issues and PSYCH 1XX3 crazytown Academics 10 07-02-2009 12:44 AM
When does solar open for course regis.? deone Academics 2 06-16-2008 05:19 PM

SOLAR issues: why isn't it open?

Old 08-11-2008 at 08:10 AM   #91
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraison View Post
Is it working then? You can get in and make changes?
yeah you can get in and make changes. it opened at 8:30
it's hard to get in though, and sometimes you expect people to be done bam bam with their course changes (I did LOL) and then you realize that it does take a while (I realized this too. lol)

SO.. my point is - keep clicking!
FlyWithMac
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:12 AM   #92
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Right,

I understand everyone's frustration. But SOLAR is dumb like that. You need to have been fully registered and completed the payment agreement before July 29 or 30 to log on today. Or else wait 2 days. Don't make yourselves crazy about it. If you aren't allowed on, take a breather and come back in 2 days. There's a good chance that many students don't know about switching their courses and a lot will still be available at that time.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:12 AM   #93
moni

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay919 View Post
thats not the worse part ... there are other who got in, and they are making their changes, taking up the courses that your or i may need :/
yeah =/ i want to get rid of my 8:30 classes...i just hope there are people out there who love early morning classes will drop out of their later classes so i can take their spot (yeah right, as if =_=)

its like this every year...i wonder how i managed last yr...oh right, they didn't tell me i couldn't use solar b/c i didn't do my payment agreement right...PFT, this yr i confirmed and even made my first payment....GR.

guess i'll do what you said mitch haha~

Last edited by moni : 08-11-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:12 AM   #94
Leraison

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
Hi everyone!

I can't find the exact date on the Registrar's website, but I believe that if you didn't complete the payment agreement by July 29 ish then SOLAR will re-open for you on Wednesday. :(
Here are the dates:

SOLAR re-opens on :
  • Monday, August 11th for students who registered and completed their Payment Agreement by Friday, August 8th.
  • Monday, August 11th for students newly admitted to the University after Monday, July 14th.
  • Wednesday, August 13th for students who started their registration before Wenesday, July 30th but did not complete their Payment Agreement by Friday, August 8th.
  • Thursday, August 14th for all other students.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:15 AM   #95
Leraison

Worst comes to worst, we can just "make" our own schedules can't we? Only some classes require participation and if we set those in stone, we can attend whatever other lectures at whatever time. =)
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:16 AM   #96
citfat

it's not even how slow it is or how clogged the server is. i got the dumb screen where you click undergrad at exactly 8:30, then again a few minutes later, and again (i just kept refreshing) and the link wasn't available.

maybe mac time runs half an hour behidn schedule? who knows!

but i confirmed my payment agreement and fully registered before jul 29. also, i thought the payment agreement was before last friday?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:17 AM   #97
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWithMac View Post
I first confirmed mine BEFORE July 29.

But I confirmed it again on the first week of August because the McMaster Scholarships were on my PA.

So that's probably why I'm not eligible.. right?
I did the same damn thing. That's so stupid though, why does it matter that we reconfirmed after the cut-off date
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:18 AM   #98
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

The Registrar's website says:

Monday, August 11
SOLAR re-opens for those students previously registered
and fees cleared

Wednesday, August 13
SOLAR re-opens for those students previously registered

Thursday, August 14
SOLAR re-opens for all students

The Payment Agreement needed to be accepted before the end of July in order for you to be able to get into SOLAR on the 11th. Otherwise you have to wait until the 13th.

IF YOU RE-CONFIRMED YOUR PAYMENT AGREEMENT LATER, THEN THE DATE GETS RESET TO WHEN YOU RE-CONFIRMED IT. So unfortunately if you re-confirmed later in August, it looks like you're stuck until the 13th to get back in.

moni says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:19 AM   #99
aya017

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott000 View Post
I did the same damn thing. That's so stupid though, why does it matter that we reconfirmed after the cut-off date
hey i don't know.
i reconfirmed mine when we got our scholarships, but i got in today. idk.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:20 AM   #100
Mel.L

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I got in and got all 6 of my course/lab/tutorial changes .

There's still hope guys! When i was in, barely any of the spaces were full - and when they were it was usually a lab and spaces were available in other labs for the same time. \

Good luck guys
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:22 AM   #101
aya017

yeah exactly
i was SO scared that the classes i wanted were full
but they weren't! so don't worry about it (or at least that much) - your classes will still be there
but if you randomly worry (like me sometimes lol) - have a backup

all the best you guys!
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:22 AM   #102
FlyWithMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraison View Post
  • Wednesday, August 13th for students who started their registration before Wenesday, July 30th but did not complete their Payment Agreement by Friday, August 8th.
What time exactly?

Perhaps THE accurate time, this time?
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:24 AM   #103
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

When did you confirm your PA?
It opens:
Wednesday, August 13th for students who started their registration before Wenesday, July 30th but did not complete their Payment Agreement by Friday, August 8th.
Old 08-11-2008 at 08:31 AM   #104
aya017

i confirmed my PA for the very first time on july 16th or something
i reconfirmed it a bunch of times
and then the last time i confirmed it was when we go the scholarships - august 2nd, 4th or something
and i was able to log in solar today.. so. yeah.