MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courses at other universities eullwm Academics 3 06-09-2010 12:29 PM
Taking courses after graduating? Mr.Prodigy Academics 3 06-05-2010 06:49 PM
Taking 2 conflicting courses hans23 Academics 5 06-01-2010 02:03 PM
Taking first year courses John H General Discussion 13 09-10-2009 09:17 PM
Taking 3rd Yr Courses In 2nd Yr lucc General Discussion 7 06-25-2009 10:03 PM

taking engineering courses in other universities?

Old 01-29-2010 at 02:27 PM   #1
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

taking engineering courses in other universities?
I want to take some engineering courses in other university since Mac doesn't offer eng courses in the summer. Does anyone have this kind of experience?

The engineering student service asked me to check if they are in the pre-approved course list. Turned out none of the courses I got to take are on the list and so I am left with courses that are to be approved. What is the chance of getting the course applying to approved ?

I am in Mech Eng second year, btw.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2010 at 06:11 PM   #2
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Mac is terrible with course equivalencies. You can go ahead and take a course, but Mac can and probably will deny you credit for it. However, if you go before hand and talk to an academic advisor, they may be able to guide you in the right path as to where and what they will consider "equivalent".

They are real bitches on this. Other, more liberal fields, are much more liberal in course equivalencies. Engineering, unfortunately, is not as lucky.

Old 01-29-2010 at 08:58 PM   #3
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Ya, from what i've heard...they really don't like it if you take eng classes out of Mac...heck they don't like it even if u take the Math courses somewhere else
Old 01-29-2010 at 09:40 PM   #4
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Don't screw around with them in terms of money, or engineering. They will ****ing take you down so fast. lol.

Old 01-30-2010 at 01:13 PM   #5
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

i thinlk this answers your question perfectly : http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/lop/equiv2.php