MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
In my first year of University I wish I knew (G&M) jmbauman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 09-02-2009 11:26 PM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

THINGS you wished you knew!

Old 06-13-2011 at 03:36 AM   #286
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
There's one in the hospital cafeteria. Go to HSC, walk in and go past the Williams that's across from the RBC ATM inside. Follow the signs to the caf.
Note: not full starbucks. just a mini starbucks.

AelyaS says thanks to Krusenik for this post.
Old 06-13-2011 at 10:30 AM   #287
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Note: not full starbucks. just a mini starbucks.

Well, if you're looking for biscuit colured walls, a shelf of coffee tumblers, and ambient indie music, you're not gonna find it.

But for her purposes, it's perfect. Coffee and smoothies and baked goods @[email protected]

MirandaC says thanks to AelyaS for this post.

UlteriorMtve likes this.
Old 06-14-2011 at 04:01 PM   #288
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Well, if you're looking for biscuit colured walls, a shelf of coffee tumblers, and ambient indie music, you're not gonna find it.

But for her purposes, it's perfect. Coffee and smoothies and baked goods @[email protected]
My only purpose is coffee so it is perfect. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2011 at 04:00 PM   #289
lalanisb

Liked: 0 Times

this isn't really something i wish i had known, but i wish i had taken advantage of all that MAC has to offer. the university has so many things to offer us, but a lot of people don't take advantage of them. use csd if you have to, go to the student success center, talk to your ta's about your assignments, if you want to volunteer there's ample oportunities provided by CVA and other organizations. clubs are a good way to get involved too. having commitments at mac will probably make you feel more comfortable, more at home, and definitely a lot more grounded.

leave the mcmaster bubble. you are given a bus pass. use it don't overwhelm yourself with trying to do your best, in the end balance is what will help you the most. make friends, have a social life, maintain relationships at home, and enjoy your first year!
Old 06-27-2011 at 11:39 PM   #290
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

something some of my friend's wished they knew

don't take ENGINEER 1P03 & ENGINEER 1C03 in the same term
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:26 AM   #291
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

omg like like. Worse thing since 1c03 was new and disorganized this year . 1p03 also had a new format but wasnt as disorganized
Old 06-29-2011 at 08:29 PM   #292
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Do NOT take Geo 1HA3 and 1HB3 at the same time. All the labs+assignments you'll have to deal with just get irritating
Old 06-30-2011 at 01:22 AM   #293
LindaHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Not if you're in commerce.

lol that's a relief.
Old 06-30-2011 at 02:59 PM   #294
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

I don't know about anyone else, but second year was my hardest year. Damn engineering.

Helpful College Advice
Old 07-09-2011 at 09:47 AM   #295
m.ls

One of the biggest things I've learned is to manage your time well. A lot of stuff can creep up on you, so keep an eye on your tests and assignments, especially if you're in a club or volunteering or something. Definitely important.
Old 07-09-2011 at 10:05 AM   #296
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

cheap beers give the worst hangovers... moral of the story, have expensive taste.

Con19, icecubz like this.
Old 07-09-2011 at 10:05 AM   #297
SydWidgets
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.ls View Post
One of the biggest things I've learned is to manage your time well. A lot of stuff can creep up on you, so keep an eye on your tests and assignments, especially if you're in a club or volunteering or something. Definitely important.
its called being organized, I have a specific time planned for when I should be doing anything! even if its nothing!
Old 07-09-2011 at 12:31 PM   #298
biochemer

Liked: 11 Times

DON'T let DC++ get the best of you...save movies for when you go home, weekends or after midterms/exams and if you've downloaded tv shows..save em for when you're eating or something..one episode and that's it.....otherwise you'll never get ANY work done

Maegs likes this.
Old 07-09-2011 at 03:46 PM   #299
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Worst thing. I got hooked on the ability to whenever i wanted, something I never did when I was at home. I got through five and half the seasons of doctor who and even other shows during exams. oh did i suffer
Old 07-09-2011 at 04:41 PM   #300
Jo Wai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetDevDesai View Post
lol I have to remember that one...physics isn't my forte!
Then be sure to take Physics 1L03 cause it's much easier that physics 1B03.