MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
In my first year of University I wish I knew (G&M) jmbauman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 09-02-2009 11:26 PM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

THINGS you wished you knew!

Old 02-18-2012 at 01:52 AM   #406
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokrJon View Post
I wish I knew how little class material would be applicable in real life work.

And although I am proud of my academics, and the blood sweat and tears that were sacrificed in the process, I wish I took the time out of my school life to relish those closest to me, and to explore foreign experiences which would later shape who I would become as a human being.

I wish I knew to work as hard at LIFE 101 as I did in MECHENG 3R03 (which was EFFING difficult), because the uplifting feeling of accomplishment when receiving a 12 in Engineering is fleeting, but the knowledge of self is forever.
Agreed. Anyone can attend class, study hard, and get good grades. It takes a special type of person to realize (and capitalize on the fact) that there's more to university than simply hitting the books.
Old 02-18-2012 at 01:55 AM   #407
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
I wish there was a way to mark what sections you've red in a thread, and which ones you haven't.
Uhhhh... there's a "skip to first unread post" button at the very top of every thread.

Eternal Fire says thanks to Reno V for this post.
Old 02-22-2012 at 08:53 AM   #408
tashad

Liked: 0 Times

I wish i knew that you could switch programs in second year...as a first year with no one older to guide me I had no idea about this...if i had known I would have been more careful with the courses I chose as some of them really brought my average down and made me unqualified for certain programs...if i could go back in time i would have dropped those courses that I knew would hurt my average so bad so I could get into certain programs.
Old 02-23-2012 at 07:34 PM   #409
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I hope they never close this thread and it just goes on and on forever on MI.

Like the song. The song that never ends. It just goes on. Y'all know that song?
Old 02-23-2012 at 07:46 PM   #410
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I hope they never close this thread and it just goes on and on forever on MI.

Like the song. The song that never ends. It just goes on. Y'all know that song?
That depends on the members, the threads auto close after a certain amount of time of inactivity. Not quite sure how long that is though.
Old 02-23-2012 at 08:38 PM   #411
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Apparently the ABB-Thode tunnel closes randomly for no reason (happened during reading week recently).
Old 02-23-2012 at 11:16 PM   #412
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

There's an ABB-Thode tunnel?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 02-24-2012 at 07:12 AM   #413
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
There's an ABB-Thode tunnel?
Yeah.. you can get from JHE to Thode without going outside, lol.

One entrance is beside the mens bathroom on the way out the front entrance. (thode)

I'm still looking for one from BSB to elsewhere, but I think that one is sealed off or non-existant
Old 03-24-2012 at 01:19 AM   #414
jillz0658

Liked: 1 Time

Work out and avoid freshman fifteen...or fifty depending on your situation.

SAVE YOUR MEAL PLAN BY NOT BUYING SO MUCH JUNK FOOD. (specifically candy, which is grossly expensive, and drinks and cookies and donuts.)

the beauty of MSAF

Last edited by jhan523 : 03-24-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2012 at 03:13 PM   #415
jessome11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
You win man...absolutely true.
Wise words good sir.
Old 03-26-2012 at 09:47 AM   #416
shhpoon

I wish I knew there was so much more food options OFF-CAMPUS!
or the tims and smoothies in the GYM! I lived in McKay first year and could see the gym from my window everyday and didn't bother to go more often! If only....
Old 04-02-2012 at 07:51 PM   #417
BenDP

Get your work done before its due, and make time to relax and enjoy the year! i'd say the key is to stay relaxed and try not to worry.
Old 04-03-2012 at 09:24 AM   #418
JACrazy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

• Half the books you will never read, just get PDFs of them. For the rest, get them used, Macinsiders marketplace is a good tool. Also do your research before buying, look at what everyone else is selling for so you dont get overcharged.
  • Try and sell your books as soon as you can, you might get screwed over if they change not just the edition of the book but change books completely.
  • Buy the smallest meal plan, you can add on later if you need to.
  • 39 cent wings at Crabby Joes on tuesdays
  • Join clubs
Old 04-03-2012 at 10:43 AM   #419
snowfox

Liked: 8 Times

transcripts forever immortalize your sub par grades.

apples12 likes this.
Old 04-06-2012 at 01:41 PM   #420
saraha

guidance counsellors
make sure you talk to your guidance counsellors (even before you pick your courses for first year)
if you have even a vague pathway in mind of what you want to do you dont want to by accident not take a pre requisite

i regret not talking to counsellors more
good luckk!!!!!!!!