MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Calling out Vishal Tiwari FireDragoonX General Discussion 41 02-09-2010 12:53 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM
Tell us your thoughts on Welcome Day! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2008 08:33 AM

Thoughts on Vishal

Old 02-06-2010 at 03:08 PM   #31
McIntyre

Liked: 182 Times

Fair enough. Didn't know about PG.
Old 02-06-2010 at 04:43 PM   #32
kamalprasher

Liked: 11 Times

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
Old 02-06-2010 at 04:48 PM   #33
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

more like hate the player, not the game
Old 02-06-2010 at 06:07 PM   #34
LeannaT

Liked: 7 Times

lol you are all hilarious.....we shouldn't be "hating" on anyone. Imagine if you were in office, and people were hating on you on this forum. Man, that would suck. Oh well, you can't please everyone. I am sure if ANYONE were to be president of the MSU, they would not be able to satisfy every single student and be free of "haters". I think it's a pretty brave job to undertake.

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Taunton likes this.
Old 02-06-2010 at 07:13 PM   #35
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

how about a One we are from MAC cheer??
Old 02-06-2010 at 09:33 PM   #36
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannaT View Post
lol you are all hilarious.....we shouldn't be "hating" on anyone. Imagine if you were in office, and people were hating on you on this forum. Man, that would suck. Oh well, you can't please everyone. I am sure if ANYONE were to be president of the MSU, they would not be able to satisfy every single student and be free of "haters". I think it's a pretty brave job to undertake.
To be honest, I don't even know where this is coming from. No one is hating on anyone.

You came on here to voice your support for Vishal, which is fine. But as our MSU President, we are allowed to talk about him, question what he has done and compare his work to his presidential campaign. You say things like " I am not trying to speak for you guys, who seem to harbor a lot of bitterness and resentment towards Vishal Tiwari", but there has been one post in a very long time asking "What did Vishal do while President?" That's not even bitterness and resentment, it's just a question.

You made a thread saying "Vishal is a nice guy and he has done great work!", so people asked what work he has done that makes him a good MSU President. That's it. It's fine if you like him and want to support him. But don't get your knickers in a knot, for lack of a better phrase, just because not everyone supports the MSU President 100%. Even then, that's not what this is about. People just want to know what he has done that makes him so great. If you want to talk about his run as President, that's cool. If you don't, there's no need to say people on here are bitter just because they want to talk about it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh, but you are coming off as very judgemental. Maybe I've missed like hundreds of posts that rip apart Vishal, I don't know. But as students, we are allowed to critique and discuss the MSU President. It doesn't mean we are bitter or resentful.

Richa likes this.
Old 02-06-2010 at 09:42 PM   #37
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

I think you should go back and read posts that people have made because LeannaT is not the one being judgmental here. For example, these are things posted from this thread:
is this a joke?
Dont trust anyone whose post count is lower than your IQ.
Or do you just not care because you're blinded by the fact you have a personal friendship with him, so you'll stand by him even if he hasn't really done anything during his term. This thread is the definition of pointless.
He doesn't deserve to be thanked publicly for being enthusiastic and showing school spirit since then the hundreds of other people who go to Mac that show enthusiasm and school spirit deserve a thread too. Like I said, pointless thread.
you actually think Vishal had anything to do with that? I'm sorry, but that's pretty delusional.
Do you think forums are your personal blog? You provide no claims of why Vishal is so great other than that he was supposedly a good CA. Nothing to back up anything you write.
LeannaT, KaylaG, both agree with each other, both are newly joined members and both sound like they would toss Vishal's salad in a heartbeat.
same person?
Vishal, that you bro'?

No, I'm not saying everyone needs to agree with me and LeannaT about Vishal being a great president or a great person, but I think we all need to have a little respect. It's one thing asking what he's done as president it's another totally bashing him and us for thinking he's done a great job.
How dare you saw that LeannaT is coming off as judgmental. She merely created a thread to show APPRECIATION for Vishal and 'spread the love' for lack of a better phrase. That to me does not warrant many of you hating on us for shedding some light and happiness on the issue at hand.
Old 02-06-2010 at 09:50 PM   #38
LeannaT

Kathy,
I understand that this is a forum and EVERYONE has a right to discuss their opinions and inquire about the work that is being done (or not done) by the MSU. I in no way intend to pass judgment on anyone. I apologize if that is how I came across. Like you said, I simply wanted to shed some positive light on Vishal, and I truly did not anticipate that it would become a debate as to whether or not he is a quality president. I didn't want for this to become a super-critical thread about him. With regards to the negative posts about Vishal, there is an entire thread called "Calling out Vishal Tiwari" that you can refer to in the home page, in which the posters question his work, and are making remarks about him being a less than suitable president. It is all fine to inquire and critique, that is what those threads are for. I thought that, in contrast, this thread could be a positive one in which posters could share some nice discussions about Vishal, or fun things about him as a person! I guess I came to the wrong place :(
My knickers are perfectly fine, not knotted. I'll double check though.

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:04 PM   #39
Kathy2
Elite Member

Not trying to imply anything here, but I don't blame any posters for thinking you two the same person because you seem to be posting mere minutes apart.

Like I said almost three times, it's fine if you want to made a thread to say nice things about Vishal. That's very nice and I'm sure he appreciates it. But to say that people who question his Presidential run are "haters" and "all of you are bitter and resentful" is a little much - especially since there are only a few people out of thousands on this forum who are even talking about Vishal.

The reason people are questioning your posts is because you say "Vishal is so great!! He has done so much for this school!" and when someone asks "Like what?", you don't answer or say "He has school spirit". I don't think anyone on this thread is trying to be mean to you or Vishal; they simply want to know what he has done as President that makes him so great. This isn't a debate, it's a legitimate discussion about the MSU President. There's nothing wrong with talking about that, and it doesn't make someone a "hater" or "bitter and resentful" for doing so.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:05 PM   #40
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

1. Someone already made a post discussing all of the things Vishal has done, so it isn't needed to just repeat what has already been said.
2. I can assure you me and LeannaT are not the same person. It's pretty sad that you think someone would be that lame and have enough time on their hands to make up 2 accounts and switch back and forth for some discussion.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:06 PM   #41
LeannaT

oh, KaylaG is a fellow student and was in residence with me at the same time. Vishal was also her CA. Her name is Kayla Michelle, you can look us both up on facebook, to be assured we are legitimately TWO separate people. I guess you could say we are biased. lol. Vishal always had our backs, so we've got his. That's all this is about really, this thread was not intended to be super political. Just more of a "we love Vishal" thread. Fluffy, I know, and I will admit that.
Best regards
Leanna Tallmeister

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:20 PM   #42
Kathy2
Elite Member

I don't know what is "sad" about me thinking two people who joined at a similar time, making similar posts, minutes apart might be the same person. But okay.

I don't blame any posters for getting defensive with you. FireDragon asked "Is this a joke?", which I actually thought it was at first too. Rossclot said "Don't trust anyone who's post count is lower than your IQ" - which is obviously a joke because there are tons of new users on this forum all the time. Then you branded all of us with being resentful and bitter. Saying something like that is going to get you some harsh replies. I don't know why that surprises you.

I'm all for supporting MSU Presidents and whoever you want at Mac. But please don't label us all the same thing because we critique/question our MSU President. That's all anybody is doing here, and we have every right to do it. Just like you have every right to support him.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:21 PM   #43
samd

Liked: 23 Times

I think you two are missing the point. The whole point of a forum is that everyone speaks to everyone and everyone listens to everyone. You started a thread based on your opinion, awesome. Now when people question your opinion and ask you very directly for very specific answers you're obligated to defend your opinion (or I guess you could have the thread closed).

You've been asked to provide concrete examples of why you believe Vishal to be a good president. You seem to know a lot about what he's up to so I would really like to hear what you have to say. So far, all you've provided are personal anecdotes and a vague reference to ELM.

And welcome to MacInsiders, btw.
Old 02-06-2010 at 10:44 PM   #44
LeannaT

Thanks, I feel very....welcomed. lol. I guess I won't be needing Gossip Girl or Grey's Anatomy anymore, with the amount of drama that the people on these threads like to conjure up!

KaylaG likes this.
Old 02-06-2010 at 11:37 PM   #45
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 201 Times

Just saying, the thread title is Thoughts on Vishal.....why is it so wrong when others ask questions or state their opinion.....Why are we trying to handcuff people from criticizing someone who is payed for with their money, for an organization they are a part of when all they are asking is what has he done, or saying how they think.

huzaifa47, Nosh all say thanks to MD-L for this post.

LeannaT, Richa like this.