MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Calling out Vishal Tiwari FireDragoonX General Discussion 41 02-09-2010 12:53 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM
Tell us your thoughts on Welcome Day! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2008 08:33 AM

Thoughts on Vishal

Old 02-07-2010 at 03:23 PM   #61
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaG View Post
Quite honestly I'm ashamed to say that me and you go to the same University. If it wasn't for police officers and fireman who would save YOU from a burning building. I can't believe how ignorant you are. While 9/11 was happening and you were sitting at home watching on the news, those who went out to save people and ended up losing their lives were not thinking of the money they were making while doing so, they were thinking of the people they were reaching out to.
no, they were thinking about doing their job. as their job they are expected to "reach out to people"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannaT View Post
Wow, I can't even believe that this conversation has turned from a discussion about our president to a bashing session on firemen in 9/11. This is a shame to our university....you really have no idea how pathetic it sounds. Enough already.
u mad?
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:26 PM   #62
LeannaT

Liked: 7 Times

No, just a little shocked at some of the things you said that weren't directly related to the discussion at hand. i.e firemen and police officers being "pathetic". Take that discussion to another forum, on another site somewhere in cyberspace. This here was intended to be a discussion about Vishal, and like Mary said, positive and negative criticism need to balance each other out. Not turn to comparisons about 9/11 and the jobs that firemen do to save lives. This is not rocket science here, this is student elections. There is a president every year, and the chances of them pleasing every single person are slight.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:28 PM   #63
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

We would not waste our time being mad over an issue this irrelevant and stupid to our discussion. It shocks me how arrogant people can be and judgmental to other peoples jobs. Many of those fireman were volunteers who were not gaining anything out of saving peoples lives and often times lost their own. I think that should be the end of this discussion.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:35 PM   #64
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Quote:
Many of those fireman were volunteers who were not gaining anything out of saving peoples lives and often times lost their own. I think that should be the end of this discussion.
okay, so thank them. not every single police officer and fireman you see.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:41 PM   #65
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
okay, so thank them. not every single police officer and fireman you see.
I agree with you on that end

btw, why do I get the feeling that both Kayla and Leana are the same person
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:45 PM   #66
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

Just close the thread, this is a circus!!!!

There are obviously people who don't agree with what you have to say and by calling them rude or whatever and then just saying "we've explained ourselves enough, you're all too stubborn" etc etc, it's like... so why even start this thread in the first place? Don't post things on a public forum if you can't handle backing up what you say or have a problem with dealing with criticism from other people.

You never explained yourselves... you may have said positive things about Vishal as a person but you never mentioned (actual) things he's done as MSU President. I'm not here to say anything about Vishal (this is irritating me more at this point), but the way you handled yourself in terms of starting this thread and then responding to the discussion was horrible and I understand why people would get frustrated with being called rude when they're just asking questions which they have the right to ask as paying members of the Student Union.

Edit: I really do think Leanna and Kayla are the same person.

Richa says thanks to kanthamd for this post.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:47 PM   #67
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

I believe that all of them should be thanked. So should all people of all professions. Every job is needed and makes the world run like it does. Hence, the start of this thread, thanking Vishal for what he does and the impact he has made on my life.
Imasud, if you have read all the posts on this thread you will see that me and leanna are NOT the same person. Leanna even gave out our names so you can see it on facebook. I would never be so lame to create 2 accounts for the sake of some forum discussion.

As for FireDragoonX, it's apparent you have some problems with Vishal, I just find it odd that you dedicate so much of your time posting on someone you can't stand.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:47 PM   #68
kanthamd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannaT View Post
No, just a little shocked at some of the things you said that weren't directly related to the discussion at hand. i.e firemen and police officers being "pathetic". Take that discussion to another forum, on another site somewhere in cyberspace. This here was intended to be a discussion about Vishal, and like Mary said, positive and negative criticism need to balance each other out. Not turn to comparisons about 9/11 and the jobs that firemen do to save lives. This is not rocket science here, this is student elections. There is a president every year, and the chances of them pleasing every single person are slight.
People were trying to balance it out but then you called everyone rude and stopped talking about relevant things... like the questions people were asking?
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:49 PM   #69
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthamd2 View Post
Just close the thread, this is a circus!!!!

There are obviously people who don't agree with what you have to say and by calling them rude or whatever and then just saying "we've explained ourselves enough, you're all too stubborn" etc etc, it's like... so why even start this thread in the first place? Don't post things on a public forum if you can't handle backing up what you say or have a problem with dealing with criticism from other people.

You never explained yourselves... you may have said positive things about Vishal as a person but you never mentioned (actual) things he's done as MSU President. I'm not here to say anything about Vishal (this is irritating me more at this point), but the way you handled yourself in terms of starting this thread and then responding to the discussion was horrible and I understand why people would get frustrated with being called rude when they're just asking questions which they have the right to ask as paying members of the Student Union.

Edit: I really do think Leanna and Kayla are the same person.
You guys are SO ridiculous. How many times do I have to say me and Leanna are NOT THE SAME PERSON. Yes, we know each other, as mentioned before. I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know much about the MSU and the specifics that go on behind the scenes. Leanna just thought it would be nice to start a discussion about how great Vishal is as a person and as a president by the way he handles himself. I don't believe that warrants being yelled at by all of you. We were actually trying to bring some positive light to the MSU debate, but you all seemed to turn it to negative things, once again. If you are 'so against' this thread, you're just feeding into it more by posting.
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:53 PM   #70
kanthamd

Quote:
Leanna just thought it would be nice to start a discussion about how great Vishal is as a person and as a president by the way he handles himself.
Well that's fine but maybe there are people that don't agree with you and they want to have their say... All I meant was you can't just call them rude because they don't agree with you.

Quote:
I don't believe that warrants being yelled at by all of you. We were actually trying to bring some positive light to the MSU debate, but you all seemed to turn it to negative things, once again. If you are 'so against' this thread, you're just feeding into it more by posting.
I don't think anyone even started off by yelling at you. I think the first comment was, is this a joke? But no one was yelling... people started yelling when you started calling them rude and telling them that they had no right to criticize etc etc etc
Old 02-07-2010 at 03:55 PM   #71
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Quote:
You guys are SO ridiculous. How many times do I have to say me and Leanna are NOT THE SAME PERSON. Yes, we know each other, as mentioned before. I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know much about the MSU and the specifics that go on behind the scenes. Leanna just thought it would be nice to start a discussion about how great Vishal is as a person and as a president by the way he handles himself. I don't believe that warrants being yelled at by all of you. We were actually trying to bring some positive light to the MSU debate, but you all seemed to turn it to negative things, once again. If you are 'so against' this thread, you're just feeding into it more by posting.
roflmao

DannyV, Richa, xxsumz like this.
Old 02-07-2010 at 04:05 PM   #72
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

Come To The Sra Meeting Today At 6:30pm In Gilmour Hall 111 (council Chambers) And Listen To Vishal Give His Presidential Update. You Can Question Him All You Want There.

(wow what a caps lock fail)

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Old 02-07-2010 at 04:15 PM   #73
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

So..on a relevent side note: Has anyone discovered if Leanna and Kayla are the same person?

And...after reading this entire thread...I've finally found out who this Vishal guy is. Like I swear, if he was some awesome president, you'd think a first year like me would've heard of him.
Old 02-07-2010 at 04:21 PM   #74
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

If you guys want to prove you aren't the same people, post links to facebook :p
Old 02-07-2010 at 04:23 PM   #75
kanthamd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
And...after reading this entire thread...I've finally found out who this Vishal guy is. Like I swear, if he was some awesome president, you'd think a first year like me would've heard of him.

I saw him for the first time like, ever at the commons presidential debate.