MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help in transferring from first year social sciences to level II life science Parika Tewari General Discussion 9 06-10-2014 01:35 AM
Transferring into first year nursing GurtegS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 02-02-2013 01:23 PM
Transferring to MAC in 2nd Year Kris_M Academics 5 10-18-2010 09:06 PM
Transferring into Life Sci after 2nd year hamza123 Academics 4 09-07-2009 08:46 PM
Transferring into 3rd year biochemistry... *jessica.13 Academics 8 08-12-2009 02:22 PM

Transferring to Psychology in second year.

Old 07-31-2014 at 06:05 PM   #1
apple2875

Liked: 0 Times

Transferring to Psychology in second year.
Hi everyone,
I'm a student going into 1st year life sciences in UTM this september. i originally applied to mac life sci and did get accepted but fooled around wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy too hard after midterm and failed to meet the conditional by .17 percent that no one was willing to bump haha ( im dumb). So I was scared that my offer would be revoked at the end of july and didn't want to be screwed over, so I cancelled the offer from Mac and accepted UTM, which allowed late acceptance on ouac (thank gawd). But I really liked the school when I went to may at Mac and I really want to transfer in second year.
I want to transfer to Psychology, music cognition at mac after my first year at UTM, and I have some questions about transferring.
1. I looked at the transferring consortium chart and matched up the courses.
The courses I'm taking are
UTM: BIO 153H5 (0.5): Diversity of Organisms
UTM: BIO 152H5 (0.5): Introduction to Evolution and Evolutionary Genetics
UTM: CHM 110H5 (0.5): Chemical Principles 1
UTM: CHM 120H5 (0.5): Chemical Principles 2
UTM: PHY 136H5 (0.5): Introductory Physics 1
UTM: PSY 100Y5 (1.0): Introductory Psychology
UTM: MAT 134Y5 (1.0): Calculus for Life Sciences
I have 0.5 open because I need to do a music history course which is not available at utm in 2014/2015. (I'm planning on taking it somewhere in the summer 2015)
This should total to 27 units at Mcmaster at the moment, with 3 more from music history.

Would this satisfy the requirements for 2nd year life sci or psychology at mac ? I checked the website but I want to be sure.

2. Also, it says on the website that transfer credits dont have grades(?) and are just counted as credits so how would I get into a program that asks for a certain average.

3.Do I simply apply through ouac105 just like I did with ouac 101 ? How can I make an account for it and when can I start applying?

4. Can I apply even if at that moment I dont have 30 units ( because I'm planning on taking 3 in the summer) Will I still get accepted?

Thank you!
Old 07-31-2014 at 07:08 PM   #2
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Unless there's someone on this forum who went through the exact same circumstance, I think you're better off directing your questions to the PNB program advisor, Ann Hollingshead. She knows more about the requirements and process than anyone here.

Her contact information is here: http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/pnb/contact.html
Old 07-31-2014 at 07:17 PM   #3
apple2875

Liked: 0 Times

you are right. Thanks!