MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Evening classes cancelled 3/23 eleduc Academics 5 03-23-2011 01:23 PM
Course Cancelled, and I DIDNT DO IT! resh.jyoti First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 03-02-2010 07:11 PM
cancelled courses on transcript? misterp Academics 3 10-20-2009 11:29 PM
INQUIRY 1HU3 cancelled? campbekn Academics 3 09-13-2009 04:31 PM
headshot 2007 cancelled Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-14-2007 08:54 AM

TV Shows Cancelled

Old 05-16-2011 at 06:10 PM   #15
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
SGU getting cancelled though... that sucks on so many levels.
Wow, I gave up on that after the first season since the story was just so damn slow and boring. Did it actually get significantly better later on?

Old 05-16-2011 at 06:12 PM   #16
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Wow, I gave up on that after the first season since the story was just so damn slow and boring. Did it actually get significantly better later on?
Yes, they gave up on the "dark" melodrama and focussed more on the adventure and characters and it got much better

Old 05-16-2011 at 06:24 PM   #17
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98 View Post
Bring Back Firefly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
And Arrested Development :(

Old 05-16-2011 at 07:35 PM   #18
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times
Im just happy they're continuing bones for a 7th season, thats like the best show evar!!!

Afzal likes this.

Old 05-16-2011 at 07:50 PM   #19
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
And Arrested Development :(
I think Arrested Development is the only show I've ever been upset about when it was cancelled.

When The Simpsons gets cancelled, I'm declaring it a personal issue and skipping class for the week to cry.

J. Dorey likes this.

Old 05-16-2011 at 07:54 PM   #20
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I think Arrested Development is the only show I've ever been upset about when it was cancelled.

When The Simpsons gets cancelled, I'm declaring it a personal issue and skipping class for the week to cry.
I was just talking about that today. xD

I think that that's one of the shows that can't get cancelled. In order for them to stop creating new episodes of the Simpsons, Groening and the main voice actors will have to retire or something.

Old 05-16-2011 at 08:01 PM   #21
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
I actually liked Chicago Code, no :(

Old 05-16-2011 at 11:29 PM   #22
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
I'm not overly surprised by any of these. I didn't watch a lot of The Event, but from what I've read it seemed like the poor man's Lost (at least the early seasons), but I don't think it was "original" enough. I'm not sure if I used the right word there, but yeah. I'm only kind of surprised to see Lie To Me and Outsourced go. I thought Outsourced would make a run similar to The Big Bang Theory, while not being as original or good, but I guess not!

Old 05-16-2011 at 11:54 PM   #23
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times
Outsourced was hilarious :|

klibzy likes this.

Old 05-16-2011 at 11:55 PM   #24
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times
wow i was so sad when Arrested Development was cancelled :(

Old 05-17-2011 at 12:47 AM   #25
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post

simpsons is been renewed for a couple more years.

I was sad when the original law and order was cancelled.

Also have April 19th 2011 one of the best shows ever has been cancelled:

Penn & Teller's Bullsh!T

Old 05-17-2011 at 02:02 AM   #26
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
Damn it, when are they going to end House and How I met your mother....

Old 05-17-2011 at 02:17 AM   #27
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times
Too bad about The Event. It has been getting really good these last weeks and i am really anxious to see where the story goes. i think that people just saw the first few shakey episodes and decided to stop watching. It DID take a while to get going but now i'm enjoying it. I heard that the producers are looking for a new network in order to keep it going. Here's hoping anyways

Old 05-17-2011 at 03:20 AM   #28
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
I thought Outsourced would make a run similar to The Big Bang Theory, while not being as original or good, but I guess not!
!!!

But anyway, why would NBC mess aorund with Chuck or Outsourced when they're already running the two best comedies on television right now, Parks and Recreation and Community.

Old 05-17-2011 at 11:15 AM   #29
BVictor

Liked: 7 Times
NBC is honestly the most lenient of the big four. They let Chuck run 3-4 more seasons when other networks would simply axe it around S2. I'm glad they kept Community around though. The Event was utter crap, to be honest. They'd do better had they let Heroes tie up its trainwreck storylines.

I'm kinda gonna miss V, if only for Laura Vandervoot and naked Queen Anna (oh, Bliss). Hey, since she's out of a job now, and Smallville's ended, give the girl a spinoff, with what's-his-Clone Kent. And hopefully they make it less cheesy.

Seriously though, if you want a TV show to survive, try selling it to the CW. Nikita seems to be doing pretty well there, even though it's not your usually teenage glam show.

Last edited by BVictor : 05-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search