MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Evening classes cancelled 3/23 eleduc Academics 5 03-23-2011 01:23 PM
Course Cancelled, and I DIDNT DO IT! resh.jyoti First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 03-02-2010 07:11 PM
cancelled courses on transcript? misterp Academics 3 10-20-2009 11:29 PM
INQUIRY 1HU3 cancelled? campbekn Academics 3 09-13-2009 04:31 PM
headshot 2007 cancelled Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-14-2007 08:54 AM

TV Shows Cancelled

Old 05-18-2011 at 11:20 PM   #45
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailoli View Post
Ugh, I kinda liked V. It was just getting good at the end too -grumpy face- Here's an idea, bring back Pushing Daisies!

As for House, it was incredibly stale last season, I actually stopped watching it but I think it's getting much better now. House performing surgery though -shudder- too many needles, too much pain. And I think with 13 being back and her whole drama makes the show better.
I gave up on it for a while and when I came back, Thirteen was there. I didn't even know she had left until some comments were made in the show and I assumed she had been gone for a bit. I like her character a lot.

Except for Cameron's absence, I like the show less than I did a few years ago. It's nice not having to watch her whine and be a less interesting character than everyone else.

I've just been watching sporadically, though - she's not back, is she? If so, I'm re-giving up on it.

Old 05-18-2011 at 11:35 PM   #46
Kailoli

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I gave up on it for a while and when I came back, Thirteen was there. I didn't even know she had left until some comments were made in the show and I assumed she had been gone for a bit. I like her character a lot.

Except for Cameron's absence, I like the show less than I did a few years ago. It's nice not having to watch her whine and be a less interesting character than everyone else.

I've just been watching sporadically, though - she's not back, is she? If so, I'm re-giving up on it.
Nopers, and thank Jebus for that. I couldn't stand Cameron.

alh24, justinsftw like this.

Old 05-18-2011 at 11:49 PM   #47
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
That plus, it attracts a good portion of the viewers that just watch the show because Olivia Wilde (13) is a hot ass babe.

alh24, justinsftw, RyanC like this.

Old 05-19-2011 at 01:07 AM   #48
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times
IMO House got much better. The first 3-4 seasons were crap. It was the same exact scenario every time. At least now there is actual drama between characters and I like where it is going.

I don't understand why they cancelled Outsourced. It beats a ton of other crappy shows out there.

HYMIM was great now is awful. 3 seasons should have been enough. They now extended it for two more years. The jokes are getting old and its just dragging on forever. Also anyone notice that the kids have pretty much disappeared.

justinsftw likes this.

Old 05-19-2011 at 01:56 AM   #49
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
HYMIM was great now is awful. 3 seasons should have been enough. They now extended it for two more years. The jokes are getting old and its just dragging on forever. Also anyone notice that the kids have pretty much disappeared.
The thing that bothers me the most about HIMYM is the fact that every second or third episode will be golden, but for the one or two in between, they will say a non-funny joke, and then just keep repeating it for the entire episode. I mean, I am a huge fan of HIMYM, I've seen every episode, but I've noticed (in the recent seasons mostly) that they will say a very lame joke that may get a chuckle or two, and then just constantly use the same joke or a minor variation of it over and over again.

Old 05-19-2011 at 01:56 AM   #50
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1337 View Post
I just started Lie To Me... it seems pretty good so far. =(
Same :(

I don't watch any others on that list.

Old 05-19-2011 at 04:02 AM   #51
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
IMO House got much better. The first 3-4 seasons were crap. It was the same exact scenario every time. At least now there is actual drama between characters and I like where it is going.

If you wanted to watch a show about doctors and the drama between each other and how being a doctor makes your life hard or w/e you should pick up gray's crapatomy.

I'm pretty sure most people agree that the 1st couple of seasons were the better House seasons. Besides there was also lots of character development in those seasons too. Like when House got shot.

alh24 likes this.

Old 05-19-2011 at 04:10 PM   #52
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
The thing that bothers me the most about HIMYM is the fact that every second or third episode will be golden, but for the one or two in between, they will say a non-funny joke, and then just keep repeating it for the entire episode. I mean, I am a huge fan of HIMYM, I've seen every episode, but I've noticed (in the recent seasons mostly) that they will say a very lame joke that may get a chuckle or two, and then just constantly use the same joke or a minor variation of it over and over again.
I was about to quit on HIMYM this year because I felt it was getting unfunny and running too long.

Then they aired "A Change of Heart" and "Legendaddy" and I started loving the show again. The scene where Barney decides not to go into the restaurant to meet Nora was one of the best of the series and I didn't see it coming.

Warning: This may make some people .

Last edited by RememberTwce : 05-19-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Old 05-19-2011 at 04:20 PM   #53
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
The first few seasons of house were the best. I can't believe anyone would say differently. House has sucked for a LONG time now.

Season 5

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 05-19-2011 at 05:39 PM   #54
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I was about to quit on HIMYM this year because I felt it was getting unfunny and running too long.

Then they aired "A Change of Heart" and "Legendaddy" and I started loving the show again. The scene where Barney decides not to go into the restaurant to meet Nora was one of the best of the series and I didn't see it coming.

Warning: This may make some people .
Agreed. They should just change it to the Barney show. The one's centering on him are way better. Ted's a douche anyway and I stopped caring who the mother is a long time ago.

Old 05-25-2011 at 03:24 PM   #55
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times
NOOOOO V and THE EVENT WHAT! common :(

Old 05-25-2011 at 03:47 PM   #56
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
Oprah's Last Show Is Today!!!!! :'(

Old 05-25-2011 at 04:07 PM   #57
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Oprah's Last Show Is Today!!!!! :'(

thank god.

sdsdsadsadsada

Old 05-25-2011 at 07:44 PM   #58
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times
SHAMELESS! SHAMELESS! SHAMELESS!

(the US version)

I just started watching it on the weekend and finished all 12 episodes, and its renewed for a second season, fcking awesome!

crazyfree, RememberTwce like this.

Old 05-25-2011 at 08:56 PM   #59
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times
Quote:
Better with You
Breaking In
Brothers & Sisters
Chaos
Chase
Detroit 1-8-7
Friday Night Lights (ending)
Hellcats
Human Target
Law & Order: LA
Lie to Me
Life Unexpected
Lone Star
Mad Love
Medium
Mr. Sunshine
My Generation
No Ordinary Family
Off the Map
Outlaw
Outsourced
Perfect Couples
Persons Unknown
Running Wilde
Scoundrels
Shit My Dad Says
Smallville (ending)
Supernanny (ending)
Suspect Behavior
The Cape
The Chicago Code
The Defenders
The Event
The Gates
The Good Guys
The Whole Truth
Traffic Light
Undercovers
V

UPDATE 5/22 2AM ET:
Canceled Cable shows
Big Love (HBO, ending)
Caprica (Syfy)
Dark Blue (TNT)
Entourage (HBO, final season yet to air)
In Treatment (HBO)
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA)
Lights Out (FX)
My Boys (TBS)
No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (HBO, ending) - may return as a pair of movies.
Party Down (Starz)
Rubicon (AMC)
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime, final season now airing)
Stargate Universe (Syfy) - Producers and MGM are looking at possible ways to continue the series in some way.
Terriers (FX)
Working Class (CMT)
Epic, a lot of shows.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search