MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Evening classes cancelled 3/23 eleduc Academics 5 03-23-2011 01:23 PM
Course Cancelled, and I DIDNT DO IT! resh.jyoti First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 03-02-2010 07:11 PM
cancelled courses on transcript? misterp Academics 3 10-20-2009 11:29 PM
INQUIRY 1HU3 cancelled? campbekn Academics 3 09-13-2009 04:31 PM
headshot 2007 cancelled Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-14-2007 08:54 AM

TV Shows Cancelled

Old 05-17-2011 at 01:22 PM   #30
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times
I am happy to say that I have never watched or gotten hooked onto any of those shows before. So no loss for me.

Old 05-17-2011 at 02:00 PM   #31
klibzy

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Chuck (NBC) is almost cancelled - they were given the green light for season 5, but it will be their final season and it will only be 13 episodes. :(
Thats what they say after every season....and in the end it turns out to be a full season and being renewed, so im notto worried that it will be cancelled afer this season

Old 05-17-2011 at 03:18 PM   #32
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Damn it, when are they going to end House and How I met your mother....
I still like HIMYM but I agree that House should've been over a few seasons ago.

It sucks when shows run long past their primes. House, Weeds and imo The Office have run too long and should end before they ruin their reputations.

Lost did it well. It ended after a predetermined number of seasons, wrapped up the story and left on a good note.

britb, J. Dorey like this.

Old 05-17-2011 at 03:50 PM   #33
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times
FOX is also cancelling America's Most Wanted weekly apparently, because it hasn't been making them money in a long time. I find this kind of pathetic, considering the huge benefit AMW's had on the state of america, what with leading to the arrest of loads of criminals and such.

Old 05-17-2011 at 04:59 PM   #34
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I still like HIMYM but I agree that House should've been over a few seasons ago.

It sucks when shows run long past their primes. House, Weeds and imo The Office have run too long and should end before they ruin their reputations.

Lost did it well. It ended after a predetermined number of seasons, wrapped up the story and left on a good note.
I agree with House and Weeds being bad. HIMYM and Lost are both pure crap though.

Old 05-17-2011 at 05:24 PM   #35
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klibzy View Post
Thats what they say after every season....and in the end it turns out to be a full season and being renewed, so im notto worried that it will be cancelled afer this season
I don't think NBC has ever officially said "this will be the last season" before this though. It's possible that it will get picked up for the full season (in order to make 100 episodes for syndication), but I think it will be the last season for sure.

Old 05-17-2011 at 08:09 PM   #36
Ayt52

Liked: 6 Times
Outsourced was sick, I guess Modern Family will have to do for now.

Old 05-17-2011 at 08:26 PM   #37
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post

House should have ended after season 4, I think. I did like watching him perform surgery on himself, though. The whole concept of the show set it up for a short run. Only so many crazy medical mysteries can happen in one city in a short amount of time before it gets ridiculous.

I can't get into How I Met Your Mother for the life of me. It's not that I think it's a terrible show, I just find it uninteresting. Not on a Two and a Half Men level, but still uninteresting.

Old 05-17-2011 at 10:52 PM   #38
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
house is still good even if the story is getting rather stale

Old 05-17-2011 at 11:36 PM   #39
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times
House is good to me, but that's probably because it's new to me. I only started actually watching it this summer. I'm only on the second season.

Old 05-17-2011 at 11:46 PM   #40
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
The first few seasons were amazing but, like someone said early, there's only so many miracles that can happen before it starts to get ridiculous. I honestly think the only reason it is still on is because Hugh Laurie is just incredible and born to play that role. That seems to me the only logical reason it would still get ratings.

britb, RememberTwce like this.

Old 05-18-2011 at 12:57 AM   #41
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
Agreed with the points on House. I still keep up with it just because i've been watching it since the beginning but it's definitely declined in quality.

I think the main reason most people still watch House and HIMYM is because the actors are doing a great job: Hugh Laurie and Neil Patrick Harris. Their characters keep me on the show.

HIMYM reminds me of Friends but not as funny and quirky in some odd ways. Barney pretty much carries the show.

Long running cliff hangers are annoying, like LOST. I tried to watch that crap, it's definitely not a show that you can go through several episodes at once. It's so dragged out, long, slow and boring. Nothing ever gets answered. I definitely LOST interest in it.

alh24 likes this.

Old 05-18-2011 at 12:12 PM   #42
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post
Long running cliff hangers are annoying, like LOST. I tried to watch that crap, it's definitely not a show that you can go through several episodes at once. It's so dragged out, long, slow and boring. Nothing ever gets answered. I definitely LOST interest in it.
Agreed. To me, those kinds of stories are better in movie form. I can't stand to watch a cliffhanger every single week.

Old 05-18-2011 at 10:41 PM   #43
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Agreed. To me, those kinds of stories are better in movie form. I can't stand to watch a cliffhanger every single week.
That's the thing I liked about Lost, personally. The fact that it was just so original and there was something new every week. It definitely required a LOT of patience to get through though. At some points, it just got really, really frustrating to watch (like when I wanted to know what the Smoke Monster was!) because it took forever to explain it. But it was definitely one of those shows that took a commitment to watch week in and week out, and obviously that's not gonna appeal to everyone.

Harlequin, RememberTwce like this.

Old 05-18-2011 at 11:13 PM   #44
Kailoli

Liked: 10 Times
Ugh, I kinda liked V. It was just getting good at the end too -grumpy face- Here's an idea, bring back Pushing Daisies!

As for House, it was incredibly stale last season, I actually stopped watching it but I think it's getting much better now. House performing surgery though -shudder- too many needles, too much pain. And I think with 13 being back and her whole drama makes the show better.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search