MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

ugh. SOLAR. *stab*

Old 07-02-2009 at 11:04 AM   #526
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Good luck tonight!

Don't get too frustrated!
Old 07-02-2009 at 12:20 PM   #527
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I found 5 PM wasn't a bad time either.

Think like a slightly sluggish first year who is loaded up and slowed down by a lack of the continuation of their sugar supply.

When would they "give up"?

Think.

Write this time down

Snicker diabolically.

You are ONLY allowed a snicker. A chuckle will be reprimanded.

Assume an expression of intense anxiety. Intestinal turbulence is to be expected and will be applauded by the evil that is the Student On-Line Academic Registration system.

"Confirm" payment agreement.

Now chuckle and hee-haw diabolically as you see fit.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-02-2009 at 01:05 PM   #528
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I found 5 PM wasn't a bad time either.

Think like a slightly sluggish first year who is loaded up and slowed down by a lack of the continuation of their sugar supply.

When would they "give up"?

Think.

Write this time down

Snicker diabolically.

You are ONLY allowed a snicker. A chuckle will be reprimanded.

Assume an expression of intense anxiety. Intestinal turbulence is to be expected and will be applauded by the evil that is the Student On-Line Academic Registration system.

"Confirm" payment agreement.

Now chuckle and hee-haw diabolically as you see fit.
bahahahahha I actually lol'd at snicker diabolically in real life, a math and science geek with a sense of humour lmao

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-02-2009 at 02:13 PM   #529
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
bahahahahha I actually lol'd at snicker diabolically in real life, a math and science geek with a sense of humour lmao
While my math capabilities could be improved (and the are, I'm working on the Math Review Manual today) my science geekiness is unquestionable.

Made over 600 flash cards for Grade 11 Biology.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-02-2009 at 04:40 PM   #530
PilotMal

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
While my math capabilities could be improved (and the are, I'm working on the Math Review Manual today) my science geekiness is unquestionable.

Whoohoo for the math review manual. I printed mine off a few weeks ago and plan to do it during the 14-hour plane ride to Australia.

I mean, what's cooler than doing math on an airplane, right? </endsarcasm>
Old 07-02-2009 at 05:02 PM   #531
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMal View Post
Whoohoo for the math review manual. I printed mine off a few weeks ago and plan to do it during the 14-hour plane ride to Australia.

At least it kills the travel time!
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:15 PM   #532
huzaifa47

Quote:

hahahahahaha wow, I actually missed all my psychotically(sp) determined/focused high achieving female nerds from back home(Pakistan) since I came to Canada. Like most girls here just slack off, party and get drunk in their first year and some are bigger masters of procastination then guys. But lolll 600 flash cards lmao....

Old 07-02-2009 at 06:23 PM   #533
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMal View Post

I tried going through the review manual last year before entering Eng I while I was on a train ride to Vancouver...got past like 10-15 pages then never looked at it again lol. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:27 PM   #534
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Like most girls here just slack off, party and get drunk in their first year and some are bigger masters of procastination then guys.
That's slightly offensive. I'm sure you haven't met most of the girls at McMaster/in Canada.

daisy says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:55 PM   #535
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
That's slightly offensive. I'm sure you haven't met most of the girls at McMaster/in Canada.
lol maybeee hahah Sorry, but dunno there are a few factors: A) I was in first year B) I am In Socsci C) I've had the worst experiences regarding girls and academics within all three of my group assignments :(

But in all seriousness I haven't seen anyone that matches up to the nerdiness of the girls where I came from, maybe my standards are circumstantially high?!

But I still wait and hope! I mean all of us who help others out and contribute to Insiders obviously don't fit that criteria so you might obviously find it offensive! But there is a HUGE mob of people out there who don't ever visit Insiders, don't vote and don't care about alot of stuff "apparently"(the jury is still out on that!)

Old 07-02-2009 at 07:07 PM   #536
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
I am In Socsci
Maybe it's just Soc Sci girls then,
Old 07-02-2009 at 07:18 PM   #537
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Maybe it's just Soc Sci girls then,
Well I dunno lol. Probably because I just came back from volunteering for FYEO orientation and counselling sessions and I also run the Socsci 2013 group where I get bombarded by mostly Socsci girls with the wierdest of questions 24/7 even though all the answers have been provided by me a bazillion times and they still don't know how to go through the course calendar :S

Like today at Mills I was asked what does D, E, C01, 1-2-3 mean and if they take A instead of B is it harder?
And how they said what if they don't take math and bio even though they know its a requirement for psych and lol the list goes on, it destroys any hope you have in you!

But most of all they never go to Macinsiders for all the answers when I tell them too :(

hhahaha soo I hope you realize where I'm coming from

Old 07-02-2009 at 07:27 PM   #538
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Well I dunno lol. Probably because I just came back from volunteering for FYEO orientation and counselling sessions and I also run the Socsci 2013 group where I get bombarded by mostly Socsci girls with the wierdest of questions 24/7 even though all the answers have been provided by me a bazillion times and they still don't know how to go through the course calendar :S

Like today at Mills I was asked what does D, E, C01, 1-2-3 mean and if they take A instead of B is it harder?
And how they said what if they don't take math and bio even though they know its a requirement for psych and lol the list goes on, it destroys any hope you have in you!

But most of all they never go to Macinsiders for all the answers when I tell them too :(

hhahaha soo I hope you realize where I'm coming from
Some people just lack common sense... Have you watched reality shows lately?
Old 07-02-2009 at 07:31 PM   #539
sew12
Elite Member

Yeah people with no common sense = annoying.

Macinsiders has business cards, they need to print more and hand them out around campus. This place has so much good info.
Old 07-02-2009 at 07:38 PM   #540
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Some people just lack common sense... Have you watched reality shows lately?

Hahaha No not really, I don't have Tv. I do occasionally come across tv shows like biggest loser and Geeks and Blonds and that one about the skateboarder Ryan sheckler( WITH THE WORST. VOICEOVER. EVER..youtube it!) whining 24/7 about just about everything :S
They all seem rather de-ranged