MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

ugh. SOLAR. *stab*

Old 06-30-2009 at 06:15 PM   #511
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Because of courses being full, I have only chosen 3 courses, and today is the last day solar is open for me. Is it ok to just leave it like this until August when we can go back on? or should I be picking any random courses just so I am seen as full time and change them later?
You should definitively look into other electives. It's not guaranteed to get the other 7 courses you want. Or look into upper year courses you need to take.
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:20 PM   #512
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Because of courses being full, I have only chosen 3 courses, and today is the last day solar is open for me. Is it ok to just leave it like this until August when we can go back on? or should I be picking any random courses just so I am seen as full time and change them later?
I did say this before, but it got buried under tons of posts. >_<!

Like jhan523 said, you should try and choose other electives for now just in case.

SOLAR will open July 13th as well for everyone, for last minute changes, drops and adds. So, a course might open up provided that someone drops it. I think you can still change on August 13th, but might as well take up both opportunities.

Unfortunately, many of us are in similar situations and there is not much we can do about electives. You will be able to get into your required course for sure, you just have to wait for the seat to open up.
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:28 PM   #513
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Just for clarification...it's all so confusing...this is from http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/email_accounts/macid.html

So once you've completed your course registration and your payment agreement, you're fully registered. I've done the enabling my MAC ID Services.

but in my course summary, this is what it says

Fully Registered: No
Eligible to Complete Registration: Yes

do u have the same thing too? and when do we become fully registered?
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:41 PM   #514
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

No one is fully registered yet, I think McMaster is still processing all of this and it will take a while.

smashpro1123 says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:48 PM   #515
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
No one is fully registered yet, I think McMaster is still processing all of this and it will take a while.
Feona is right. They usually finish up "fully registering" people at the beginning of August.

smashpro1123 says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:09 PM   #516
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

So what does "fully registered" mean?
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:11 PM   #517
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
So what does "fully registered" mean?
It means you have selected your courses and have accepted the payment agreement.
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:27 PM   #518
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
It means you have selected your courses and have accepted the payment agreement.
Hmm. I've done both of those, and enabled my MAC ID services (my email and that Mac Access page are working nicely), yet it still says the same thing as Smashpro in my course summary:

"Fully Registered: No
Eligible to Complete Registration: Yes"

Hahaha! I feel a bit on edge here, but I guess it's best to just be patient, huh?
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:28 PM   #519
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Hmm. I've done both of those, and enabled my MAC ID services (my email and that Mac Access page are working nicely), yet it still says the same thing as Smashpro in my course summary:

Hahaha! I feel a bit on edge here, but I guess it's best to just be patient, huh?
Don't worry. It will begin to tell you that you're fully registered come August.

daisy says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:28 PM   #520
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:

I think you are fully registered until you pay McMaster... But you are technically still registered.

Edit: "You are not fully registered until you are Dean Approved and Financial Approval has been granted." That just confuses me a bit more, but maybe it makes sense to someone else. Lol

daisy says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:45 PM   #521
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

I just wanted to make sure

as long as I've clicked confirm to my payment agreement, I'm registered for my courses???
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:47 PM   #522
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post
I just wanted to make sure

as long as I've clicked confirm to my payment agreement, I'm registered for my courses???
Yes, you are fine. They won't kick your out of your courses or anything.
Old 06-30-2009 at 09:58 PM   #523
x_hikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yes, you are fine. They won't kick your out of your courses or anything.
Awesome thanks!
It took forever to get onto SOLAR and it would suck if I forgot to do something and lose my spot in all my courses haha
Old 07-02-2009 at 06:18 AM   #524
PilotMal

Liked: 30 Times

Oh yay. So now, tonight, its my turn to experience the pain of SOLAR.

If you don't see me again, its because I punched a hole through my aunt's iMac (I'll be using that, since I'll be at her place, and its connected to a printer; where my MacBook isn't), and she has taken me out back and shot me.

'nuff said. XD
Old 07-02-2009 at 08:51 AM   #525
x_hikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMal View Post
Oh yay. So now, tonight, its my turn to experience the pain of SOLAR.

If you don't see me again, its because I punched a hole through my aunt's iMac (I'll be using that, since I'll be at her place, and its connected to a printer; where my MacBook isn't), and she has taken me out back and shot me.

'nuff said. XD
LOL good luck!!!
but like everyone else has said, around 5am is a good time to go on because there's less people
but good luck and I hope SOLAR doesn't give you too much trouble xD