MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

ugh. SOLAR. *stab*

Old 06-30-2009 at 02:17 PM   #496
angel27

Liked: 7 Times

So i've picked all my courses on solar and completed the payment agreement, however when I check my Program and Course Summary it says I am not "fully registered" . Did I miss something?
Old 06-30-2009 at 02:20 PM   #497
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
So i've picked all my courses on solar and completed the payment agreement, however when I check my Program and Course Summary it says I am not "fully registered" . Did I miss something?
Did you click on "confirm" and then print out the agreement? I had to print it for some reason. It also seems to take some time for everything to go through the system.
Old 06-30-2009 at 02:22 PM   #498
angel27

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Did you click on "confirm" and then print out the agreement? I had to print it for some reason. It also seems to take some time for everything to go through the system.
oohh maybe I should try that! thanks!
Old 06-30-2009 at 02:40 PM   #499
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
You shouldn't be able to get "Fully Registered" status yet. McMaster usually starts doing that later.

angel27 says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 03:57 PM   #500
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

We don't have to submit the payment agreement during the 7 day SOLAR session, right?
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:02 PM   #501
daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
We don't have to submit the payment agreement during the 7 day SOLAR session, right?
I believe that you do, yes, but I could be wrong. Someone from an upper year would know better. That said, you can change it afterwards, which is a relief.
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:03 PM   #502
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Since the payment agreement is still open for those whose 7 day SOLAR session has ended, you can complete it afterwards. In fact, I think you have a few months to complete it. However, the earlier the better.

tiger says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:14 PM   #503
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Thanks. I'll complete it as soon as I'm done picking my courses.
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:34 PM   #504
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Since the payment agreement is still open for those whose 7 day SOLAR session has ended, you can complete it afterwards. In fact, I think you have a few months to complete it. However, the earlier the better.
Like Feona said, the earlier the better. You need to complete your payment agreement in order to be officially registered at McMaster.

tiger says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:54 PM   #505
daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
You shouldn't be able to get "Fully Registered" status yet. McMaster usually starts doing that later.
Just for clarification...it's all so confusing...this is from http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/email_accounts/macid.html

Quote:
MAC ID is a unique, common identifier enabling single sign-on for a number of McMaster systems and applications. Your MAC ID is not your employee or student number.

Getting Started
So, you are new to McMaster, and you've been given this thing called a "MAC ID". Now what ? In the Getting Started section you will be able to do the following:

Request a MAC ID - for employees without one. Online application coming soon.
Activate your MAC ID - undergrads, using your student number, student card barcode and birth date.
Enable your MAC ID Services - for fully registered students.
So once you've completed your course registration and your payment agreement, you're fully registered. I've done the enabling my MAC ID Services.
Old 06-30-2009 at 04:57 PM   #506
tiger
Account Disabled by User

I'm so sorry for asking too many questions but I just noticed in the payment agreement I'm being charged for a full regular A meal plan although I have selected the full light A meal plan. What should I do about this?

EDIT: Oh never mind. It says '' Your meal plan has not been allocated at this time. We have defaulted to the Group A Regular rate. NOTE: You will be responsible for the fees of your actual meal plan allocation.'' ''At this time, your Residence fee has been defaulted pending allocation of your room assignment. NOTE: You will be responsible for the fees of your actual room allocation. ''

Last edited by tiger : 06-30-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 at 05:25 PM   #507
daisy

Tiger, what I've learned from all of the great people here is that pretty much everything is alterable! If I hadn't known that (from MacInsiders) I would be completely freaking out -- so much of this is just not apparent or obvious on the McMaster site. I am ever thankful for the help I have gotten here!
Old 06-30-2009 at 05:36 PM   #508
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Tiger, what I've learned from all of the great people here is that pretty much everything is alterable! If I hadn't known that (from MacInsiders) I would be completely freaking out -- so much of this is just not apparent or obvious on the McMaster site. I am ever thankful for the help I have gotten here!
Yeah, MacInsiders is really great. It helped me out a ton when I was a prospective and first year student and that's why I'm still here today helping other people out and getting help from others as well.
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:12 PM   #509
Samantha

Liked: 0 Times

Because of courses being full, I have only chosen 3 courses, and today is the last day solar is open for me. Is it ok to just leave it like this until August when we can go back on? or should I be picking any random courses just so I am seen as full time and change them later?
Old 06-30-2009 at 06:12 PM   #510
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Yeah, MacInsiders is really great. It helped me out a ton when I was a prospective and first year student and that's why I'm still here today helping other people out and getting help from others as well.
I don't know what I would've done without macinsiders. A truly great site. Thank you all for your help!
macinsiders:cheerlead er: