MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Bus Pass Opt-Out thirdyearboy General Discussion 60 10-21-2009 10:01 AM
HSR Bus Pass Sorin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2008 09:56 PM
Mac Pass Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-31-2008 08:48 PM
Vote! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-09-2007 03:38 PM

Vote on the HSR bus pass

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/services/hsr/overview.htm

I'll personally kick everyones ass I see who doesn't vote to renew this, I would hate to see the contract not to get renewed because not enough people vote on it.

I have no idea how anything with the MSU and referendum stuff works but I know its February 2-3

Afzal says thanks to julianface for this post.

ikantsepll, slx4 like this.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-20-2011 at 01:00 AM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
come on people you're paying so much fees already, a $121 to charity (i.e the students that take buses very frequently) doesn't hurt much.

hamnahx02, Mahratta like this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 01:12 AM   #3
Moson Mo

Liked: 1 Time
Vote for it!!

Old 01-20-2011 at 01:24 AM   #4
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
How do you vote for it?

Old 01-20-2011 at 07:29 AM   #5
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times
On February 2 and 3, visit elections.mcmaster.ca to get the link to macvote. Presidential and Referenda voting is taking place online this year.

You can also visit a polling station in either MUSC or BSB from 9-3 on those days.

Old 01-20-2011 at 09:10 AM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Not coming back next year but I will definitely vote for the renewal of this because so many students relay on it.

I barely used it in the 4 years I've been here but the few times I've wanted to go out or whatever its very convenient to have and quite honestly its the one fee I don't mind paying extra for since so many students do use it regularly. I figure some other student uses my share of bus rides.

julianface says thanks to sew12 for this post.

Andrew A, anon491, nerual like this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 10:58 AM   #7
danallan

Liked: 27 Times
my last year...i am soo gonna vote no on this..

my legacy to this school muahahahahahah

just kidding! but i do think this should be an "opt-out" for FIRST YEAR students on campus (to be clear), in my first year i basically paid $120 to take the bus twice - so $60 a trip to the LCBO!
when you're off campus though it makes lots of sense.

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:21 AM   #8
Phil

Liked: 27 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post

just kidding! but i do think this should be an "opt-out" for FIRST YEAR students on campus (to be clear), in my first year i basically paid $120 to take the bus twice - so $60 a trip to the LCBO!
HSR wouldn't OK that deal because an opt out would kill their guaranteed profit

Megan11 says thanks to Phil for this post.

bcars likes this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:31 AM   #9
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Probably the only decent thing about this school.

lawleypop, RyanC like this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 11:41 AM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danallan View Post

I don't see why it should be an opt out for first years.

I'm not saying I agree with anyone being able to opt out of it, but if ANYONE should be able to, it's the commuters.

First years have the option of going everywhere in Hamilton. There's so much to see/do. (Not saying that commuters DON'T, but they don't have much incentive to stay on campus all day)

I don't even use my bus pass to go grocery shopping, and I'll say I EASILY take the bus more than 50 times a month.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-20-2011 at 12:35 PM   #11
escape

Liked: 38 Times
I'm definitely voting for this as I take the HSR atleast 3 times/day. I'll drag my friends to vote for it too <3

julianface says thanks to escape for this post.

Old 01-20-2011 at 12:52 PM   #12
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times
I use the bus 16 times every week this semester and 10 times every week last semester... bus pass is very useful for me lol

Old 01-20-2011 at 12:57 PM   #13
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
I didnt vote and i will not vote.

mcmasterrrrr likes this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 02:06 PM   #14
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
I've taken the bus every day for my 4.5 years at Mac. Even though I'm not coming back next year, I'm still voting to keep this in.
I don't take the GO but I would be willing to pay a little more on my tuition if it meant that GO riders would get it at a significantly reduced price.

Old 01-20-2011 at 03:52 PM   #15
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times
Well seeing as how i pay $400 for the MSU fee, i don't mind paying $130 for my bus pass all year, because at least i know it's of some use.

Not to say the MSU doesn't have its uses, i simply don't believe in it as a medium for expression student concerns. Who knows though maybe it's my fault that i'm not getting my $400 worth out of the MSU.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search