MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
requested a roommate, didn't have identical profile responses. will we be together? banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 06-04-2012 10:36 PM
Those waiting for Reinstatement response stressedspec General Discussion 23 07-20-2009 08:29 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM

Who is waiting for Reinstatement responses? (2012)

Old 07-17-2012 at 09:20 PM   #46
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciman1 View Post
Just got an email from the Btech program and got denied :/, apparently they look if you "fit" the program. Basically told me engineerings only get reinstated into btech, not science students. Im not too sad though, btech was just a longshot for me anyways. Still waiting for science, my circumstance is really big, so hoping to get reinstated into science.

I hate life right now.
Hope you get it. Ive been watching to see if you do, actually (you'e the only one I remember helping that didn't make me mad, lol).

nerual likes this.
Old 07-17-2012 at 09:34 PM   #47
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Hope you get it. Ive been watching to see if you do, actually (you'e the only one I remember helping that didn't make me mad, lol).
Haha, you made me smile for a second in all this torture. I am REALLY hoping this works out.
Old 07-17-2012 at 10:17 PM   #48
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

Still havnt heard of anything from the school :(

I will bother Maria again on phone tmw hope i can get something D:.

apparently academic program method doesnt work for me, and right now I am only checking solar to see if I have got reinstated or not. (but so far no luck at all)

So do I look like I am out of luck? I already stay off from the school for an entire year.... wasted 2 years in my life just to get back into engineering... q_q.
Old 07-17-2012 at 10:38 PM   #49
lifesciman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinMonitored View Post

apparently academic program method doesnt work for me, and right now I am only checking solar to see if I have got reinstated or not. (but so far no luck at all)

So do I look like I am out of luck? I already stay off from the school for an entire year.... wasted 2 years in my life just to get back into engineering... q_q.
Dont give up yet man, most of the people got answers in the 20ies of July, if you check the old threads. You still have a chance.

BinMonitored says thanks to lifesciman1 for this post.
Old 07-18-2012 at 02:29 PM   #50
engfreak

Liked: 7 Times

They have asked for my official transcript, since I send them unofficial transcript.

I guess I will have to wait few more days. Since official transcript will reach tomorrow.

Hoping it's a positive sign.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 07-18-2012 at 04:38 PM   #51
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

I got in too

engfreak, jim1 like this.
Old 07-18-2012 at 04:45 PM   #52
nan100

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1993 View Post
I got in too
thats great what did you get reinstated to ?

john1993 says thanks to nan100 for this post.
Old 07-18-2012 at 05:15 PM   #53
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan100 View Post
i got denied and i had extenuating cercumstances. a death and financial trouble. im giong to try to talk to maria white tomorrow what should i do should i transfer into btech or ask if i can transfer to science becuase i forgot to write that in my reinstatement letter.
It can't hurt to ask about science, but they've only got a certain number of reinstatement spots, and those will probably be filled with people who actually applied to be reinstated to science.
Old 07-18-2012 at 05:18 PM   #54
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:

The key is not to give up ! The faculty of engineering knows that some people will just give up on it and leave because they don't want to waste so many years and go back to first year..but it's totally worth it..if you stick to engineering and work hard in your upcoming years, you are gonna thank yourself later on in the future !
Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan100 View Post
i got denied and i had extenuating cercumstances. a death and financial trouble. im giong to try to talk to maria white tomorrow what should i do should i transfer into btech or ask if i can transfer to science becuase i forgot to write that in my reinstatement letter.
Before transferring into science you have to ask yourself if that's what you really want to do...also if you really want engineering don't lose hope! You can go to b.tech this year and then come back to eng 1 again next September..i know it's a lengthy process, but if you are determined and that's what you want to do (engineering) they you will (and can) do it!

Last edited by jim1 : 07-18-2012 at 05:29 PM.

BinMonitored says thanks to jim1 for this post.
Old 07-18-2012 at 07:01 PM   #55
lifesciman1

I emailed asking if there is any news on my reinstatement app into science and go this email back

"Yes, your application for Reinstatement was received in the Office of the Associate Dean of Science. We will start reviewing applications one day next week. You will receive a response via Canada Post with the decision."

They haven't began reviewing them for SCIENCE yet... for those of you who care.

engfreak says thanks to lifesciman1 for this post.
Old 07-18-2012 at 09:23 PM   #56
BinMonitored

Just found out I could access SOLAR now.
When I click on current program in the course selection page, texts down there is what is showing on it.
(I was not able to access it because it pops out I am not registerd in any program)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Programme MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING Level 2
Degree BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING Faculty ENGINEERING
Classification RE-INSTATED
Academic Load Status
Eligible to Complete Registration DECISION PENDING
Fee Status NOT CLEARED
ully Registered NO
Expected to Graduate at
end of this Session? NO. NOT IDENTIFIED AS POTENTIAL GRAD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the text in bold, that's the part where confuses me...
(Last year I have tried reinstatement, I dont even get to this far, so I dont know if this actually means I am reinstated?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is what is shown in Program & Summary

Student Type UNDERGRADUATE
Fully Registered NO
Faculty ENGIN
Eligible to Complete Registration DECISION PENDING
Program MECHATRON ENG
Fee Status CLEARED
Degree B ENG
Confirmation Letter Print Date
Level 2
Expected to Graduate at End of this Session? NO. NOT IDENTIFIED AS POTENTIAL GRAD.
Academic Load Status PART TIME
Comments

Fee Status cleared cuz I picked the courses and confirmed the payment agreement. (I did not actually paid it yet, cuz I still dont know how many more courses I have to pick (I only picked what I have failed).).
Oh yeah, UNDERGRAD PAYMENT AGREEMENT for the SEP 2012 SESSION is new to me as well, I do not have this option before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this time you are not eligible for a McMaster Email account.
This service is based on your academic registration.
When you have completed your academic registration through SOLAR, you will be able to activate your Email and other MAC ID services via MUGSI Quick Links: "Enable Email & Mac ID Services".
Contact the UTS Service Desk for assistance (email: [email protected] or telephone: 905-525-9140 extension 24357).

Unable to access mac email, and still unable to active MAC ID service.

Does this means I am reinstated?

Last edited by BinMonitored : 07-18-2012 at 09:50 PM.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 07-18-2012 at 10:04 PM   #57
lifesciman1

If you can go into SOLAR and the registration/courses link for Sep 2012 works for you, then I am sure you are reinstated. Please don't quote me on this though.
Old 07-18-2012 at 10:18 PM   #58
BinMonitored

Quote:
If you can go into SOLAR and the registration/courses link for Sep 2012 works for you, then I am sure you are reinstated. Please don't quote me on this though.
Quotes

Just making sure.
Can you go into SOLAR?
or do u have anything showing up like what I am getting?
(academic 2012 sept session but no eligitable to finish registration.)

Because my GPA was not below 3.0, and I am reinstating back to 2nd year.
I am still registerd in school, so I dont know if my situation is differ from your case.
Old 07-18-2012 at 10:25 PM   #59
lifesciman1

Quote:
Quotes

Just making sure.
Can you go into SOLAR?
or do u have anything showing up like what I am getting?
(academic 2012 sept session but no eligitable to finish registration.)

Because my GPA was not below 3.0, and I am reinstating back to 2nd year.
I am still registerd in school, so I dont know if my situation is differ from your case.
No when i CLICK UNDERGRAD REGISTRATION/COURSE SELECTION for the SEP 2012 SESSION" it says I am not allowed to access, and should contact the faculty of science. I am not sure about your situation sice most people have bleow 3s and can't access solar at all, like me.

Still waiting :/

BinMonitored says thanks to lifesciman1 for this post.
Old 07-18-2012 at 10:27 PM   #60
BinMonitored

Quote:
No when i CLICK UNDERGRAD REGISTRATION/COURSE SELECTION for the SEP 2012 SESSION" it says I am not allowed to access, and should contact the faculty of science.

Still waiting :/
Do you have SEP12 - APR13 Session in your Program & Course Summary ?

p.s. I used to not able to access SOLAR because system pompts that I dont have a faculty registerd in.

--------------------------------------
I think the stuff i am seeing above probably cuz I am in probition now. System might require faculty premission to let me finish the registration? (which I dont think there should be any problem with that?)
Because I could even see the date when my time table will be available, so I am guessing, if they allowed those who "is not in program" to take limited spot from the course from those who is still in program. That's not really something logical isnt it?

Last edited by BinMonitored : 07-18-2012 at 10:48 PM.