MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
requested a roommate, didn't have identical profile responses. will we be together? banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 06-04-2012 10:36 PM
Those waiting for Reinstatement response stressedspec General Discussion 23 07-20-2009 08:29 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM

Who is waiting for Reinstatement responses? (2012)

Old 07-31-2012 at 08:27 AM   #91
engfreak

Liked: 7 Times

Oh.

Should hear some this week.
Old 07-31-2012 at 05:45 PM   #92
shaa22

Liked: 0 Times

for those waiting on reinstatement
under program and course summary it says
" 50 IT IS UNLIKELY THAT YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER
51 FOR COURSES STARTING IN SEPTEMBER 2012"

and I havent received a letter yet
Old 07-31-2012 at 10:04 PM   #93
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

its still blank for me. AHHH this is so annoying!! REGRETTING SO MANY THINGS RIGHT NOW :(
Old 07-31-2012 at 10:08 PM   #94
shaa22

i know righttt :$ this is annoying !
Old 08-01-2012 at 02:13 AM   #95
alia01

Liked: Liked 4 Times

hey!! i heard from the science faculty and got reinstated so i think they are under the process of making decisions - so have faith!! good luck to everyone, just keep faith and hope all works out mine was under the program/course summary under the spring/summer session;

"" 50 REINSTATED TO SCIENCE FOR FALL/WINTER 2012-2013 SESSION. ""

Old 08-01-2012 at 06:09 PM   #96
fall3n

Liked: 1 Time

Yes, I can confirm the speculation. I have just been reinstated as well. Good luck to everyone. Just a quick question though, when applying for OSAP what should the program name be? Because now once reinstated, you're not under a specific program but a general second year "Science" program, which there is no option for. Any ideas?

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 08-01-2012 at 06:36 PM   #97
Mac4lyfe

Hey guys sadly I have been denied reinstatement from science I feel so bad right now. I was just wondering what my best option would be to get reinstated next year should I apply to mohawk college or take online course's. I completed 21 credit's at mac already, good advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:21 AM   #98
alia01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4lyfe View Post
Hey guys sadly I have been denied reinstatement from science I feel so bad right now. I was just wondering what my best option would be to get reinstated next year should I apply to mohawk college or take online course's. I completed 21 credit's at mac already, good advice would be appreciated.
Hey - first off DON'T GIVE UP; getting back will be hard but NOT impossible. I think the best bet for you is to do courses online (athabasca, ryerson) instead of going into mohawk. I mean I know me as a science student, I didn't understand what exactly I could do @ mohawk that would actually help me in my career goals. I mean for engineers, at least they have structured courses @ mohawk right? At least w/ online courses, you'll be able to do courses that actually will count towards your degree and maybe even save you some time.. try to do courses that you know you can excel in and do well in them, and on the side either get a part time job, or volunteer..

the key is to show them that you've learned from the "past" and "know" how to avoid a repeat of this! so when you apply again, you'll have a good list of things that you've been keeping busy w/ and you'll also have credits toward your degree (they count those online courses as transfer credits - but make sure you look @ what's a antirequest @ mac if you wanna go this route)

again, when you apply try to emphasize in the letter you write how you've learned and what you're doing to avoid this...

meanwhile, you can also visit the 'career center' and try to even take some classes that help you "study" or "do well on midterms.. etc" (if you've taken bio 1a03 - kajura often refers to them..) i know mac offers some through some organization but i'm not sure if you'd be allowed to take them :-)

I know that right now, it seems like everything's over.. but honestly just believe in yourself - because everyone is entitled to make mistakes, no body is perfect! Just whatever you do, don't rush into things.. try to see what suits you better and what will benefit you in the future...

Best of luck!
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:22 AM   #99
alia01

Quote:
hey are you sure that people that are reinstated can get osap for this year? :-S please let me know
Old 08-02-2012 at 12:37 AM   #100
Mac4lyfe

Thank's for the advice and the confidence. Does mohawk college help at all to get reinstated back into Mac, I scanned through their courses I dont think I will get any transfer credits. I dont want to lose an year and I'm swaying toward's online courses at uft and ryerson. Should I take 5 coures per term following the prequisites for my program so i get 30 unit's so I dont lose an year. Also, is there osap for online courses I'm very optimistic right now I could cry all day but I know I'm going to give my life to get back into mac.
Old 08-02-2012 at 08:39 AM   #101
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

MINE IS STILL BLANK! this is really weird, every time I email them they tell me to wait for the letter in the mail. We can't even go on solar since its closed until the 8th for everyone to even check. I guess I am waiting for the letter. I remember a lot of people last year got reinstated with blank "course summary", haven't heard of any rejections being blank though (still hope? ). This is driving me crazy.
Old 08-02-2012 at 08:50 AM   #102
engfreak

Dw, should be fine.

Also, mohawk offer's a program named bachelor of arts. Take the science related courses and do good on those.

Talk to consellor's , if you do good. You have a chance.

But again as someone suggested above, Do online courses with volunteer or part time job.

Get reference letter's as many as you can (All authentic)

Hope it helps
Old 08-02-2012 at 09:33 AM   #103
engfreak

Check this, Hope this will clear all queries:

http://www.socialsciences.mc master...ent_note.pd f

mc_kumar likes this.
Old 08-02-2012 at 09:55 AM   #104
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by engfreak View Post
Check this, Hope this will clear all queries:

http://www.socialsciences.mc master...ent_note.pd f
That's a very informative find!

engfreak likes this.
Old 08-02-2012 at 09:59 AM   #105
mc_kumar

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Thank's for the advice and the confidence. Does mohawk college help at all to get reinstated back into Mac, I scanned through their courses I dont think I will get any transfer credits. I dont want to lose an year and I'm swaying toward's online courses at uft and ryerson. Should I take 5 coures per term following the prequisites for my program so i get 30 unit's so I dont lose an year. Also, is there osap for online courses I'm very optimistic right now I could cry all day but I know I'm going to give my life to get back into mac.

Just take a program, best option is something that is related to your program at McMaster, and do very well! I'd suggest to move away from online courses, because of the time frame they give you, you might slack.

I completed 1 year at Seneca and achieved a 3.5 GPA and was reinstated into Mac. So ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!