MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
requested a roommate, didn't have identical profile responses. will we be together? banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 06-04-2012 10:36 PM
Those waiting for Reinstatement response stressedspec General Discussion 23 07-20-2009 08:29 PM
Vishal Responses To Speaker Resignation Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-15-2009 11:59 PM

Who is waiting for Reinstatement responses? (2012)

Old 07-19-2012 at 06:05 AM   #61
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Hope you get it. Ive been watching to see if you do, actually (you'e the only one I remember helping that didn't make me mad, lol).
lol I remember u got mad at me.

just wanted to say i got in, from Eng to commerce by reinstatement

jim1, Moose1992, xo.monica like this.
Old 07-19-2012 at 08:22 AM   #62
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

Oh, my status changed.
I got reinstated back to Mechatron 2nd year.
Eligible to Complete Registration YES

Probably yesterday they put me in, and gone off work and left half done page there lol.

For those who curious, this is what I did:
2010 academic year (I was in 2nd year Eng program) I fall below 4.0 but over 3.0, so I requested reinstatement back to Engineering right the way, but I dont have any good reason plus the letter was poorly written, so as result my reinstatement was denied that time. Following year I was working full time in parent's store to pay my OSAP loans, and mean whlie taking 3 courses, but droped 1. Math course from Mohawk and Computer Graphics from Athabasca. Math was A- and Computer Graphics was A+. I wrote 2.5 pages letter (that was long, should be 1.5 pages but I could not condense any shorter, so I left with 2.5 pages), got like 5+ smart friends proof read and edit, attached transcripts and my previous programming competition result (I have position ranked nationwide) to prove that I could be good. I put everything in a large c4 envelope. My file was submited on June 29th cuz my 2nd transcript had arrived late.
So on July 18th I found i could access SOLAR but status was not eligible to complete registration, but on July 19th morning, my status changed to able to complete registration. So I am sure I am reinstated. Now just waiting for the official letter.

Last edited by BinMonitored : 07-19-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Old 07-19-2012 at 12:09 PM   #63
engfreak

Liked: 7 Times

They just told me that they received the transcript and they will let me know by Tuesday about the decision.

Hoping to get in. (In b/w Trying in life science)
Old 07-19-2012 at 12:30 PM   #64
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh123 View Post
They just told me that they received the transcript and they will let me know by Tuesday about the decision.

Hoping to get in. (In b/w Trying in life science)
Good luck ! Hopefully you get reinstated

engfreak likes this.
Old 07-19-2012 at 01:37 PM   #65
BinMonitored

Just went to school and spoke with academic advisor.
Now I am able to select 3rd year courses mix with 2nd year because otherwise im gonna be part time student D:.
So I guess im done with reinstatement now.

Hope those who is still waiting get reinstated back, good luck to you all.

engfreak, jim1, mc_kumar like this.
Old 07-20-2012 at 12:26 PM   #66
engfreak

Liked: 7 Times

This wait is killing me :$
Old 07-21-2012 at 04:46 PM   #67

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh123 View Post
This wait is killing me :$
I hope you get it man, good luck!

engfreak likes this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 08:31 PM   #68
yskim2148

Liked: 2 Times

For those who applied to faculty of social science, they'll make their decesions in mid August.
Old 07-22-2012 at 03:01 PM   #69
john1993

Liked: 8 Times

got into b.tech

Old 07-22-2012 at 04:30 PM   #70
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1993 View Post
got into b.tech
Congrats John All the best this upcoming year !

john1993 says thanks to jim1 for this post.
Old 07-22-2012 at 05:37 PM   #71
nan100

Liked: 3 Times

how hard is it to transfer from btech to eng I. I talked to maria white and she said the transfer average this previous year was 8.5 how hard is it to get that average ?
Old 07-22-2012 at 08:44 PM   #72
BinMonitored

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan100 View Post
how hard is it to transfer from btech to eng I. I talked to maria white and she said the transfer average this previous year was 8.5 how hard is it to get that average ?
From what I am experiencing in mohawk course, I suppose 8.5 in mohawk is pretty ez.
I took electrical btech 3rd semes math (MA383), that math was a joke (it's like Calculus 4U or 3U level back in high school). U can't freaking find anything easier than that.
Just make sure u do ur assignment, and prepare way ahead before the test, u should be easily achieve A+ average.
Old 07-22-2012 at 09:00 PM   #73
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinMonitored View Post
From what I am experiencing in mohawk course, I suppose 8.5 in mohawk is pretty ez.
I took electrical btech 3rd semes math (MA383), that math was a joke (it's like Calculus 4U or 3U level back in high school). U can't freaking find anything easier than that.
Just make sure u do ur assignment, and prepare way ahead before the test, u should be easily achieve A+ average.
Not too sure what you mean by "8.5 in mohawk" because first year btech students don't take any Mohawk College courses...all their courses in first year btech are taught at mac and they are mac courses...like eng tech 1el3
Also, MA383 is not taken by mcmaster btech students..first year btech students at mac take the following 2 math courses:
eng tech 1mc3 & eng tech 1mt3

Also, A+ is not easy to get at mac, especially if its something related to engineering (except for 1c03 and few other boring classes).
Finally, btech students at mac don't take any Mohawk College courses, all their courses are taught at mac...they only have few labs in their upper years that are located in Mohawk College.

Last edited by jim1 : 07-22-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2012 at 11:42 PM   #74
BinMonitored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Not too sure what you mean by "8.5 in mohawk" because first year btech students don't take any Mohawk College courses...all their courses in first year btech are taught at mac and they are mac courses...like eng tech 1el3
Also, MA383 is not taken by mcmaster btech students..first year btech students at mac take the following 2 math courses:
eng tech 1mc3 & eng tech 1mt3

Also, A+ is not easy to get at mac, especially if its something related to engineering (except for 1c03 and few other boring classes).
Finally, btech students at mac don't take any Mohawk College courses, all their courses are taught at mac...they only have few labs in their upper years that are located in Mohawk College.
oh, i thought Btech is transfer to mohawk for their some engineering related program.
My bad.

But again, 8.5 isnt a bad A$$, just work hard u will get it .
Old 07-23-2012 at 12:04 AM   #75
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinMonitored View Post
oh, i thought Btech is transfer to mohawk for their some engineering related program.
My bad.

But again, 8.5 isnt a bad A$$, just work hard u will get it .
Everything is possible if you work hard...even an 8.5, but you need to have some good time management skills

engfreak likes this.