MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird Food Combinations You've Had AdelaisAer Body & Food 10 10-03-2010 12:16 AM
Is it weird that some new books are cheaper than used? sinthusized General Discussion 7 09-11-2009 08:45 PM
Getting Weird Calls on Campus Phone johnaa General Discussion 7 01-23-2009 08:14 PM
weird question!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-28-2008 12:48 PM
weird but true!!!! joset2 General Discussion 1 06-14-2007 02:52 PM

Weird things in class

Old 10-01-2009 at 03:50 PM   #31
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelp View Post
I think someone mentioned this but in class there are a few girls... that have their laptops out and film themselves with webcams... like wth?
Was this in a humanities/social science class?
Old 10-01-2009 at 03:59 PM   #32
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
It should also be mentioned that if you're so tired that you'll fall asleep in class, then you're not going to learn anything anyways... might as well go home and sleep where you'll be more comfortable.
I don't think there's many people who go to lectures with the intent of sleeping. Maybe people go to class, trying their best to tough it out, but can't do it.

There's TONS of reasons why someone can be tired, especially in the earlier classes. I don't think it's right for some profs to act the way they do..
Old 10-01-2009 at 04:02 PM   #33
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
So, I was friends with this girl last year ... not anymore for various reasons including this one. She kept talking to me in lecture, and I tried to keep my answers short so that she'd get the message I didn't want to talk. Finally, these two girls in front of us, turned around, and fully told us off. What pissed me off was, they were doing homework for another class, yet they had the audacity to tell me and my friend at the time to shut up.

They were all like, "Some of us actually come to university to learn, not like you people who probably barely made it in here." Yeahh, funny how they barely passed the class and I got a 10.
I hate that. There was a girl in my French tutorial who kept asking me questions because she didn't understand the TA. I don't mind helping out (because the class was really hard), but she talked the ENTIRE time. I was worried the TA was going to yell at us.
And it's awkward because you don't want to say "Stop talking to me!" :/
Old 10-01-2009 at 04:06 PM   #34
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEng View Post
Was this in a humanities/social science class?
[email protected] Faculty bias!

Well technically the lower admission averages; and the theory that people who don't know what to do with their lives usually choose something like Humanities/Socsci because of the wide range of course/major choices does match up. In the meantime it does take them a year to figure out what they want; in the mean time they DO use the macbook for the funhouse effect pictures and DO gossip/talk most lectures least bothered about what's going on. But thats partly because unlike science/engineering if you do your readings at home you can get away with not attending/paying attention during class; There is usually 30-40% MAX attendance rate in any lecture!

Now that it has been brought up; why am I not hearing stories about Engineers who have a Starcraft Tournament at the back of classes? I was shadowing Calc for a month or so last year and the entire back 3 rows were people sleeping or Playing War/Star Craft

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 10-01-2009 at 04:24 PM   #35
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Haha! Childs sounds hilarious ! And there's a whole facebook page dedicated to his quotes?! =O
Old 10-01-2009 at 04:25 PM   #36
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

lol i have seen ppl in my eng classes and i have seen ppl playing rts games like aoe, and my roomate used to play tetris in calculus lol :p
and just the other day i saw someone playing pokemon.
eng ftw

Afzal likes this.
Old 10-01-2009 at 04:30 PM   #37
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Well stuff like hearts, tetris, spades,Fb Poker, mahjong etc is something EVERYONE plays during lectures. But Its the hardcore 3D games that really make me lulz & :O I would totally be playin Fifa 09 during my Socio(zzzz/lame) lectures but my battery is tiny!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 10-01-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2009 at 04:38 PM   #38
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
OMG Childs is the man. He made 1CC3 such an awesome class.
Agree. Childs = best professor ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
What are some weird things you notice in your classes?
Today, two people were full on flirting in class. The guy kept tickling the girl and she pretty much spent the whole class giggling and bumping into the girl sitting next to her. I felt very bad for the girl sitting next to them. I really don’t see what's so hard to understand....if you aren’t going to pay attention, don’t come to class.
Old 10-01-2009 at 05:43 PM   #39
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Last year in one of my classes, a lot of people were talking (which happened a lot in the class..) while the prof was trying to go over example questions for the exam, and someone turned around and angrily screamed "shut up!" I didn't think people would ever do that; it's more like something you'd want to do but won't
Old 10-01-2009 at 06:54 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
It should also be mentioned that if you're so tired that you'll fall asleep in class, then you're not going to learn anything anyways... might as well go home and sleep where you'll be more comfortable.
I don't go to class with the intention of falling asleep. For my past 3 marketing classes (which are 1:30 in the afternoon >_<) I've fallen asleep. But I've managed to stay awake for my 8:30 accounting classes.

It's bland. And the teacher just reads. >_< Trust me, I TRY REALLY HARD not to doze off. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-01-2009 at 07:34 PM   #41
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
For my past 3 marketing classes (which are 1:30 in the afternoon >_<) I've fallen asleep.
Lazy ass.
Old 10-01-2009 at 07:44 PM   #42
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Lazy ass.
At least I can MAKE it to classes.

Old 10-01-2009 at 07:50 PM   #43
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
At least I can MAKE it to classes.
I made it to all 3 classes today!
Old 10-01-2009 at 07:52 PM   #44
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I made it to all 3 classes today!
Wow, grats. I imagine that must've been really difficult for you. You should be proud.

Old 10-01-2009 at 07:55 PM   #45
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Wow, grats. I imagine that must've been really difficult for you. You should be proud.
Actually, it was hard lol. I slept in this morning, got to class on time though. Then I came home, had a nap, and woke up -just- in time to get back to class for 1:30 haha.