MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop processor differences and Laptop opinions **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 42 10-30-2010 03:43 PM
Laptop Necessary? fall3n Computers & Tech 25 07-05-2010 05:52 PM
Which Laptop?? manav Computers & Tech 216 09-03-2009 11:35 PM
Laptop? kanishka General Discussion 51 07-03-2009 08:40 PM

Wet Laptop...New Laptop?

Old 12-23-2009 at 06:15 PM   #76
Knirps

Liked: 0 Times

Queens is especially good for English/Arts, or so Ive heard. UofT is good for like everything, but I personally dont like it - too crowded, + if i stay at UofT, ill stay at home. MacMaster seems to be a good all-around unviersity, with a really nice campus.

And, I didnt get accepted anywhere yet, I will be applying to a bunch of Universities, but my favorite ones are Mac, Queens, UofT, and McGill (Altough im almost certain i wont get accepted @ McGill.

P.S. its kind of ironic of me to ask for an unbiased opinion at a McMaster forum.
P.P.S. I totally hijacked Afzal thread, and im sorry, but it seems like his question got resolved
Old 12-23-2009 at 07:19 PM   #77
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I'm giving you unbiased.
Go to Queens.
XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-23-2009 at 11:56 PM   #78
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
P.P.S. I totally hijacked Afzal thread, and im sorry, but it seems like his question got resolved
lol that's ok man

I'm in comp sci, so i won't be able to help you decide the unversity

I was under the impression that people are like ... what?! this crappy topic is back up again lol
Old 12-26-2009 at 01:59 AM   #79
Afzal
Android Dev

Urgent!!!

Canada Computers is selling this laptop for $699 on Boxing Day only, will they give me back my $100 ?? I bought it for $799 just 3 or 2 days ago!!!!
Old 12-26-2009 at 02:02 AM   #80
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Urgent!!!

Canada Computers is selling this laptop for $699 on Boxing Day only, will they give me back my $100 ?? I bought it for $799 just 3 or 2 days ago!!!!
I'm sure they will. Just take the receipt to them. If you bought it online, call them.

Afzal says thanks to Kevin S for this post.
Old 12-26-2009 at 02:06 AM   #81
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
I'm sure they will. Just take the receipt to them. If you bought it online, call them.
bought it from store..woot, that's awesome

now THAT is an amazing deal!!!

btw, CC has nice deals for tomorrow, including a $4.99 SUB 2.5" enclosure!
Old 12-26-2009 at 12:14 PM   #82
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Generally stores will give you your money back within a reasonable time frame if you buy an item and then it goes on sale. You just have to show your receipt.

That said stores may not include boxing day in this offer. I know for Futureshop they put on a deal where if you bought anything in the store and the price was lowered between then and Jan 3rd they'd give you the lower price but it excluded Boxing Day Specials.

Given that you bought it 3 days ago though they'll probably be more inclined to give you the deal. If not if its an option return it to the store and buy it for the Boxing Day price, lol.
Old 12-26-2009 at 02:42 PM   #83
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Generally stores will give you your money back within a reasonable time frame if you buy an item and then it goes on sale. You just have to show your receipt.

That said stores may not include boxing day in this offer. I know for Futureshop they put on a deal where if you bought anything in the store and the price was lowered between then and Jan 3rd they'd give you the lower price but it excluded Boxing Day Specials.

Given that you bought it 3 days ago though they'll probably be more inclined to give you the deal. If not if its an option return it to the store and buy it for the Boxing Day price, lol.
ok, will this work tomorrow? lol
Old 12-26-2009 at 05:31 PM   #84
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

You can only go in and see if they'll do it for you. You might want to call and speak to someone first to save you the trip if they won't.
Old 12-26-2009 at 08:53 PM   #85
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
You can only go in and see if they'll do it for you. You might want to call and speak to someone first to save you the trip if they won't.
who picks up the phone today? nobody