MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Phone messages psps First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-17-2010 10:02 PM
Les Prince Phone OneL Les Prince Forum 6 09-01-2010 08:47 PM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Which Phone?

Old 08-26-2009 at 01:44 PM   #46
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
The 3GS is out already

...and I already have a phone
Haha, oops. My bad, I quoted the wrong post , I meant that about the new phone companies coming out.
Old 08-26-2009 at 01:47 PM   #47
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
If I had to choose between the two, i'd definately take the iPhone hands down. Although i'm a Blackberry user/addict. hahahaha!
Agreed. BlackBerry trumps all.
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:04 PM   #48
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Haha, oops. My bad, I quoted the wrong post , I meant that about the new phone companies coming out.
LOL now it makes sense

Ya I know...well I got time because I already have a phone but you guys can wait, its not that big of a deal just talk on msn until October

Old 08-26-2009 at 02:07 PM   #49
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
LOL now it makes sense

Ya I know...well I got time because I already have a phone but you guys can wait, its not that big of a deal just talk on msn until October
I don't even want a phone XD. My parents do though, to check on me..24/7, maybe even more than that >.<
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:11 PM   #50
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I don't even want a phone XD. My parents do though, to check on me..24/7, maybe even more than that >.<
They can't do that via Skype? There's the added bonus of actually seeing each other. Plus it's free
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:12 PM   #51
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
You know, right now you don't have a phone, and you're like "I don't want one", but once you get one you're going to wonder how you lived without it.

I got my first cellphone in first year, and I was like "this is awesome, I can't believe I've been living without this for so long!". I got my first BlackBerry three months ago, and again, I can't believe how I lived without it (BlackBerry >> normal cellphones).

Technology today is incredibly useful as long as you learn how to use it properly. I love telling people about how before my BlackBerry I never used a dayplanner (I simply would never use it, even if I bought one), but now I use the calendar/planner on my BlackBerry all the time... it's so convenient and easy and definitely has changed the way I live my life for the better.

I'm certain you'll love the benefits of having a cellphone once you have it and learn to use it.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:12 PM   #52
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
lol My parents are the same way.
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:15 PM   #53
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Lol, its because they care you know

Old 08-26-2009 at 02:26 PM   #54
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Lol, its because they care you know
Skype wouldn't be enough, since I'm not at it all the time XD, especially with Welcome week and everything.
Haha, of course they care. But, you know
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:45 PM   #55
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Haha, of course they care. But, you know
I agree... parents today are waaayy over-protective. Part of our increasingly "pussified" society.
Old 08-26-2009 at 02:59 PM   #56
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I agree... parents today are waaayy over-protective. Part of our increasingly "pussified" society.
I disagree I think its because of our increasingly messed up society. No I do not want to elaborate. Those that get it will.

Old 08-26-2009 at 03:02 PM   #57
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

I actually think it's both of those reasons that contribute to the overprotective parents a lot of people have today. But some parents are just naturally overprotective, it might not even have to do with that, from what I've seen anyway.
Old 08-26-2009 at 03:04 PM   #58
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
I actually think it's both of those reasons that contribute to the overprotective parents a lot of people have today. But some parents are just naturally overprotective, it might not even have to do with that, from what I've seen anyway.
40 years ago, when you turned 17 or 18, you were out of the house. No questions asked, and your parents dealt with it. Period.

Again, our society is continually getting wussier and wussier. This is just another example of that.
Old 08-26-2009 at 03:09 PM   #59
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
40 years ago, when you turned 17 or 18, you were out of the house. No questions asked, and your parents dealt with it. Period.

Again, our society is continually getting wussier and wussier. This is just another example of that.
But society is also not as a safe as it was before, proven by the crime rates, and the evolving of the types of crimes we have nowadays compared to decades ago.
Old 08-26-2009 at 03:09 PM   #60
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
I disagree I think its because of our increasingly messed up society. No I do not want to elaborate. Those that get it will.
Increasingly messed up society? Don't elaborate if you don't want to, but that's a pretty vague statement and really could mean anything.