MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with my printer. Rakim Computers & Tech 2 09-24-2010 04:00 PM
Buying a printer online Kayee General Discussion 5 09-21-2010 12:31 PM
printer cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 08-24-2010 04:04 PM
Looking to buy a new printer? LBJ.MVP General Discussion 9 09-03-2009 12:45 PM
printer dondada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-29-2009 11:27 PM

Buying a Printer

Old 09-03-2010 at 04:48 PM   #46
mallo788
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Get a Kodak. The ink is ridculously cheap (think about $10 for a black cartridge). They are about $100 bucks, but Staples is having a promotion right now where if you bring in an old/empty ink cartridge from any brand, you get $50 off the Kodak printer. They had this promo when I went in about a week ago, so double check that it's still on before you go in.
Old 09-03-2010 at 05:39 PM   #47
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I lol'd.

I feel your pain, I hate HP with passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I have to disagree with this.

When I bought my laptop for first year they were all oh you can get this printer for free or some shit with it and I was like okay good I need one of those too.

Its an HP All in One, and I liked it at first and my mother bought one of the same for the house.

I'm going to be very blunt but I F*CKING HATE THEM.

HP software and even the printers themselves are the most irritating thing to deal with EVER. Every minute spent using them makes me want to poke my eyes out.

The Canon printer I got when I bought my iMac on the other hand was amazing for the short period of time I had it. I unfortunately broke it in a really stupid way b/c I'm apparently a moron. I kind of hate myself for doing it too b/c the other printers we have are those f*cking HPs I hate so much.

I wouldn't wish an HP printer on my worst enemy.

Also I had a Lexmark before the HPs and it was super shitty and annoying too.
Old 09-03-2010 at 05:51 PM   #48
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

try the HP P1005. it's kind of an older model, but it's only about 50 bucks, it's a black and white laser printer and the toner that comes with it lasted me about a year and a half with some pretty heavy use; 5 - 10 pages a day