MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mayor Responds to Student Concerns about Stadium finklej MacInsiders Announcements 2 08-04-2010 04:32 PM
What are your biggest concerns/worries for this new school year? b_sunshine55 General Discussion 132 09-06-2009 01:39 AM
Residence Concerns (2009) lorend Residence & Housing 368 09-03-2009 09:59 AM

Concerns about res?

Old 07-04-2008 at 02:00 PM   #76
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

hey rebeccaaa. I loved in keyes last year but i was a second year student. From what I can tell, its totally correct from what kokosas said. It depends on the people. My floor was quite quiet. but then, in another floor they had parties. So it depends. and i'm sure you will still enjoy it. just make sure during welcome week you have to be involved and make the extra effort to walk around and meet people on your floor. First years move in first, so then that means you can meet them all before the upper years come in! its not that bad!

McKaila says thanks to Eva C for this post.
Old 07-04-2008
ThatGuy
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:11 PM   #77
brrrr

Liked: 0 Times

Allright ty for the help guys! But just curious if anyone knows if the washrooms in Moulton? Do they stay clean or more like a high school gym locker room?
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:30 PM   #78
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

All the washrooms except for Les Prince and any other personal ones (Keyes and Bates) are cleaned daily Mon-Fri by the custodial staff. They are not cleaned on weekends

Last edited by lorend : 07-05-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-06-2008 at 09:23 PM   #79
tee33

Hey, My main concern is that I got a single room and I REALLY didn't want one it wasn't any of my choices and I know there are people out there who do want a single. Do they ever allow switches? Or am I stuck
Old 07-06-2008 at 09:38 PM   #80
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Sorry Tee, no switcheroo's

I know it doesn't seem like it now but you will come to like that single I promise you. By seond semester people will be getting frustrated with their room mates. You however will have the option of complete privacy and silence or the choice to mingle and socialize. With a room mate, as much as it rocks sometimes, you're subjected to their whims as well as yours, if they want to have friends over but you need some quiet time, etc.
What res anyway?

Old 07-06-2008 at 09:51 PM   #81
tee33

whidden im happy about where i am i will make the best of it

James says thanks to tee33 for this post.
Old 07-09-2008 at 10:57 AM   #82
brrrr

Hmmm...How many people share the washrooms in moulton?
Old 07-09-2008 at 12:15 PM   #83
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

I didn't live there so I can't give you an exact number, but if you're worried about crowding or having to wait, don't be. Since everyone has vastly different class (and life) schedules, having to wait for a shower, for example, is virtually never an issue in any building. Even if you got to the bathroom and all the showers were in use (which I think happened to me only once in Woodstock), within like 5 minutes (or maybe even less) one should be free. Or, you could always go to another floor if you're in a huge rush.

brrrr says thanks to Cippi for this post.
Old 07-09-2008 at 03:22 PM   #84
yevenbother

So I'm living in Bates this year, so that means I get my own room. Do these rooms have locks on them, becuase if they do it would make it alot easier to leave my laptop/camera/money/ anything of value in there without to much fuss.
If they do, do we get both a room key and an apartment key...or are they the same?
Old 07-09-2008 at 03:25 PM   #85
Cippi

Yes, all the individual bedrooms have locks on their doors, and it's a different key than the apartment key that you and all of your roommates will have - so only you have the key for your own room.
Old 07-09-2008 at 03:31 PM   #86
yevenbother

oh okay, sounds good =) thank you
Old 07-10-2008 at 02:35 PM   #87
bankyburns
Account Disabled by User

This is correct. Its a fire regulations thing. All doors have to remain closed always.
Old 07-14-2008 at 11:39 PM   #88
peters

hello,
I am an international student from Malaysia and
I had been offered an admission to the McMaster residence.
I got the Bates residence and Regular mean plan A.

the payment that i shoud pay is CAD5830(for Bates) and CAD2900(for
meal plan).
So the total is CAD8730.
(the other fees eg tuition fee are being paid by my sponsor, only
these two payment i need to pay my self).

There are monthly payment plan(mpp).
However, i didnt understand with the calcultaion,
can you show me the amount of payment that i shoud pay for each plan?

How about the entrance scholarships? I achieved 91% in my grade12.

I really hope that you can help me in this matter.
thanks.
Old 07-15-2008 at 12:08 AM   #89
Sohaibb

Hey Peter, nice to see an international student coming to Mac next year.

With a 91%, you will recieve $2000 per year for the first two years (if the conversion scale equates to canadian standards and for the second year you must maintain an honours standing to recieve your $2000 I believe). As for your payments, the payment agreement is confusing because at this point, it does not have everything accounted into it. For example, OSAP, entrance scholarships, and residence costs are not fully incorporated yet, although in time they will keep updating. The main goal is to complete your payment agreement and then things will become easier as it updates.

peters says thanks to Sohaibb for this post.